Master Ranos not showing as collected after purchasing from season vendor

Siliverin

So I purchased master ranos from the seasonal vendor, and I did everything to "collect" her, I can summon her, yet she is showing as uncollected in my collections tab. I've used everything I got from opening the item from the vendor though the communicator and the other item went to my mailbox because my inventory was full, but I did them and did the alliance alert for her. I have a ticket in but does anyone have any idea about how to fix this? if there is a way without waiting for a ticket to be answered.

So I purchased master ranos from the seasonal vendor, and I did everything to "collect" her, I can summon her, yet she is showing as uncollected in my collections tab. I've used everything I got from opening the item from the vendor though the communicator and the other item went to my mailbox because my inventory was full, but I did them and did the alliance alert for her. I have a ticket in but does anyone have any idea about how to fix this? if there is a way without waiting for a ticket to be answered.

My friend had this problem. She's gone to bed so I can't ask her if/how we sorted it, however I think you need to do the alliance alert for Ranos then she unlocks in collections. It was a while ago so I really can't remember whether we did get it sorted. Hopefully you'll get a better reply before tomorrow when I speak to her.

EDIT: spoke to her - we didn't work it out and she still doesn't have Ranos unlocked so it's probably a bug

Edited by Sarova

Wait for the ticket response - it may be a known issue.

I think you used the holo-communicator first? Because I unlocked the Alliance Alerts, and after my dialogue with her she is now both a companion and unlocked in my Collections.

But because you purchased it, at some point they have a record and can (and likely will refund it). If it's a known issue then you just have to wait for them to patch it before you can unlock it across all your characters.

Also if I'm off base and you did the Alliance Alert story interaction first and still didn't unlock, then it could be an intermittent bug that they have to track down. So breath easy, you earned Ranos fair and square, and the GMs won't take that from you when you ask for the Collections unlock.

I did do the alliance alert but i did not do it first and even then, she still shows as 0/2 for being collected. I did get a response for the ticket and all they said was to do a bug report, which I did do. I plan on doing another ticket asking if there is anything that can be done on their end since I do have her, and she was purchased from the vendor, a refund, or unlock ( i don't mind if they take the CC's) But so far, it is still showing as unlocked. I did use the communicator and then the unlock for the alliance alert. but I am wondering because the communicator and alliance alert item went to my mailbox because I had full inventory, are the reason it bugged. When I got them from the mail it said it was sent by " a deleted character". I will let anyone know if I find a work around or if I get a different response from the GM's with a new ticket. I had been looking forward to buying her since they said she would be brought back as I missed her in the DvL event Edited by Siliverin

I did do the alliance alert but i did not do it first and even then, she still shows as 0/2 for being collected. I did get a response for the ticket and all they said was to do a bug report, which I did do. I plan on doing another ticket asking if there is anything that can be done on their end since I do have her, and she was purchased from the vendor, a refund, or unlock ( i don't mind if they take the CC's) But so far, it is still showing as unlocked. I did use the communicator and then the unlock for the alliance alert. but I am wondering because the communicator and alliance alert item went to my mailbox because I had full inventory, are the reason it bugged. When I got them from the mail it said it was sent by " a deleted character". I will let anyone know if I find a work around or if I get a different response from the GM's with a new ticket. I had been looking forward to buying her since they said she would be brought back as I missed her in the DvL event

Its 10 Cartel Coins to Unlock.

If you don't get a positive response for the unlock request, then simply ask for the ticket to be escalated to a senior GM for review.

Once a Senior GM looks at it, and if you worded your ticket in a professional and neutral tone, then they will more than likely give it to you versus making you wait for a bug fix that my come who-knows-when.

Good luck - sucks that by not opting for the Alliance Alert first caused you all this problem and headache - it shouldn't be that way.

I’d be interested to know how you go with getting this to work as I planned on getting her this week while at the vendor.

Ie, what are the correct steps to take to avoid any bugs.

I'd be interested to know if BW can't even get something as simple as Galactic Seasons rewards to work (and it's one example of dozens since around 4.0), how they are planning to radically change combat for every class in the game and rebalance the rest of 10 years of PVE and PVP content around it... and actually expect to have a functional game come 7.0.

Edited by arunav

There's always the possibility that Ranos doesn't "unlock" in Collections like some other items - in particular, items that require a special currency, such as Cartel Market Certificates, GS tokens, etc.

I've had Ranos since she first appeared, but I've never checked if she's in Collections.

There seems to be a mistaken idea that everything in Collections should unlock, but it just ain't so. 🙂 (Subject to change without notice.)

Edited by JediQuaker

There's always the possibility that Ranos doesn't "unlock" in Collections like some other items - in particular, items that require a special currency, such as Cartel Market Certificates, GS tokens, etc.

I've had Ranos since she first appeared, but I've never checked if she's in Collections.

There seems to be a mistaken idea that everything in Collections should unlock, but it just ain't so. 🙂 (Subject to change without notice.)

Confirmed that Ranos unlocks in Collections.

BUT you have to do the Alliance Alert First/Only to not encounter the bug the OP posted about.

There's seems to be a bug with the Holocommunicator method of acquiring Ranos.

Edited by Kass

Purchased Ranos from the vendor yesterday, no issues on my end. I was able to unlock it as well in my collections. I also was able to use to companion on multiple alts and the alliance unlock worked too. Hope they figure out what’s going on.

I've purchased Master Ranos and unlock in my collections.

I had been uset holo-communicator first then I unlocked the Alliance Alerts.

I have paid for 10 cartel coins and showed gold symbol.

Maybe, My charakter is unfinished to KotFE, not yet.

Sith Inquisitor - Storyline Chapter 2 - Sith Hierarchy - Taris

That's weird, I have no problem with my collections.

I purchased Master Ranos then used the token to get her then went into collections and bought her for 10 ccs. When i logged into another character she wasnt listed under gs i found her under promotions or something. I donno if thats a bug or how it works but i found it odd.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

I have an update regarding the bug with the companions purchased from the Galactic Seasons vendor that are not unlocked in the Collections.

The bug happens if you have less than three free inventory spaces when you purchase the companion. To avoid this bug, you need to make sure that you have at least three free inventory spaces before the purchase.

For those who already encounter the issue, you should directly contact our support team with an in-game ticket or at this email address: support@swtor.com.

Thanks for your patience while we are working on this bug.