Ancient Hypergate should be removed

collapsegen

As it stands now and has done since the last level increase it is far too easy to run interference on this map. double stealth out alone causes this problem enough on other maps but factor in all the utility and mobility and this low damage super tank meta and there is nothing you can do about one or 2 competent stealth classes stopping caps unless the whole team commits and gives up the orbs.

When I start doing regs again, I love AH. I have never found AH to be all that challenging. The only fix it needs is allowing players to drop orbs up to the last second of play. There have been a few games I have lost due to the warzone error. Other than that, I love AH.

Ancient Hypergate is probably one of the easiest maps to play. The fact that you haven’t had much success in it is no reason to get rid of it. Your argument that a competent stealth can stop cap applies to literally every objective-based map in PvP. Just learn to deal with it.

Ancient Hypergate is probably one of the easiest maps to play. The fact that you haven’t had much success in it is no reason to get rid of it. Your argument that a competent stealth can stop cap applies to literally every objective-based map in PvP. Just learn to deal with it.

you mean the maps that force you take a speeder to the battle field or the one with the enemy node on the other side of the map to you?

As it stands now and has done since the last level increase it is far too easy to run interference on this map. double stealth out alone causes this problem enough on other maps but factor in all the utility and mobility and this low damage super tank meta and there is nothing you can do about one or 2 competent stealth classes stopping caps unless the whole team commits and gives up the orbs.

You are playing it wrong if you are concentrating on orbs over nodes

I play shadow tank mostly and Hypergate is probably my favorite along with Huttball. A competent powertech/vanguard or a good sorc can easily combat the double stealthout cap to give enough time for support to come. Also a team with a decent dps can force the stealthers to unstealth if you bombard the pylon as well as smart use of cc's and anti stealth abilities of course. Always seems to be a fun game when Hypergate pops (most of the time) I don't recognize the issue you raise.

Also f**k orbs.stop their cap!

I totally agree with you.

HG is pure fun, but Orbs should be removed because they just confuse most players. I saw healers bringing orbs, while our Team got stomped keeping the enemy node neutral. :D

I play shadow tank mostly and Hypergate is probably my favorite along with Huttball. A competent powertech/vanguard or a good sorc can easily combat the double stealthout cap to give enough time for support to come. Also a team with a decent dps can force the stealthers to unstealth if you bombard the pylon as well as smart use of cc's and anti stealth abilities of course. Always seems to be a fun game when Hypergate pops (most of the time) I don't recognize the issue you raise.

not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth. ggez why didnt i think of that. he deffo doesnt have to stay alive and stop cap until the other stealther gets back which takes no time at all on AHG.

The point isnt that stealth classes are hard to deal with its that if you have 2 or 3 running interference you have to delete all of them at once or your not capping because the first one you killed will be back long before your done with the next if they have half a clue how to play. i see this almost every game they can get back way too quickly on that map. because survivability and mobility is somewhere between 3 to 5 times higher than it was when that map was added

not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth. ggez why didnt i think of that. he deffo doesnt have to stay alive and stop cap until the other stealther gets back which takes no time at all on AHG.

The point isnt that stealth classes are hard to deal with its that if you have 2 or 3 running interference you have to delete all of them at once or your not capping because the first one you killed will be back long before your done with the next if they have half a clue how to play. i see this almost every game they can get back way too quickly on that map. because survivability and mobility is somewhere between 3 to 5 times higher than it was when that map was added

Good trick to bypass this is use shroud of the shadow with shadow tank to make your resilience immune for the cap duration which forces them to exit stealth (or sometimes they keep trying to mezz you and you get the cap) Burn that stealth down and repeat. I know what you mean I do get you but I've encountered this before with multiple stealthers trying to prevent cap and yes if you bombard a pylon and kill enemies pretty fast you they cant just stand back. Many times I've seen a strong dps team take pylons with 2 or more stealthers guarding. And there is a delay when you die its not an instant "jump back into the fight" the doors delay to help with this, so your point about getting "back in no time" is completely wrong. Maybe you should just learn to combat it instead of moaning about a game mode which is quite popular among a lot of players.

HG is pure fun, but Orbs should be removed because they just confuse most players. I saw healers bringing orbs, while our Team got stomped keeping the enemy node neutral. :D

Gotta love matches like that or when your team needs both nodes for any hope of winning and people are still running orbs and yelling at others to run orbs too instead of attacking the nodes to take them.

The problem is new players don’t understand map and game mechanics. The lack of strategy and tactics is missing because too many good players gave up playing objectives in all pvp maps and only concentrate on DMing.

But removing the orbs is not the answer here. The solution is to educate players how the maps work. And then for older or more experienced players teaching the newer players about strategy and tactics.

There is a good “how to pvp” link in my signature. Which is actually the sticky at the top of this pvp forum. Yes it’s old now. But the info is still 100% correct and it explains how the maps work and tactics and strategies. I would suggest everyone start pointing it out to players or linking the sticky in the game so newbie pvpers can learn how the basics work.

Removing mechanics is never the answer. It’s the same flawed logic that led to dumbing down the pve game to accomodate players with the lowest skill at the expense of the rest of the players. It won’t make pvp better it will just make the skills less.

And if clicking my signature link is too hard, here is a direct link to the guide on how the maps work : https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/warzones.html#toc-wz-ahg

Edited by TrixxieTriss

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Wait, are you telling that the average player gets confused by the orbs? Unfortunately you are right.

Edited by sauerkraut

And if clicking my signature link is too hard, here is a direct link to the guide on how the maps work : https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/warzones.html#toc-wz-ahg

Had a AH earlier where the other team, just DM'd in mid, grabbing orbs, and stopping us, or so they thought, but twice we took both pylons, and won. I like objective based maps, because it gives casual players like myself something to do. I may not be a great one on one player, but I can hold a node till help arrives :)

not gunna lie this actually made my head hurt lol well done. forcing a stealther to unstealth by bombarding the pylon lmao yes hel be stood back there like well now i gotta unstealth.

I gave up on this a long time ago (the crusade). the number of players who get sapped and then go off looking for the sapper or try to aoe while a teammate caps is just mind boggling. the way you draw out a stealth is to have as many players as possible attempt to cap as possible. he will white bar you and have to interrupt by fighting much faster.

Good trick to bypass this is use shroud of the shadow with shadow tank to make your resilience immune for the cap duration which forces them to exit stealth (or sometimes they keep trying to mezz you and you get the cap) Burn that stealth down and repeat. I know what you mean I do get you but I've encountered this before with multiple stealthers trying to prevent cap and yes if you bombard a pylon and kill enemies pretty fast you they cant just stand back. Many times I've seen a strong dps team take pylons with 2 or more stealthers guarding. And there is a delay when you die its not an instant "jump back into the fight" the doors delay to help with this, so your point about getting "back in no time" is completely wrong. Maybe you should just learn to combat it instead of moaning about a game mode which is quite popular among a lot of players.

and this is why i almost never post. you all agreeing how hard operatives are to kill in another thread but now suddenly git gud bruh you caneasy delete 3 before they get back and stop you capping. kden whatever

and this is why i almost never post. you all agreeing how hard operatives are to kill in another thread but now suddenly git gud bruh you caneasy delete 3 before they get back and stop you capping. kden whatever

Don't blame the WZ. Most players are followers or just don't have the slightest f@#$%^ idea how the WZ works.

All they know is run mid and pew, pew, pew. It actually happens in every WZ. So the team with more brain wins. It called mind over matter.

Don't blame the WZ. Most players are followers or just don't have the slightest f@#$%^ idea how the WZ works.

All they know is run mid and pew, pew, pew. It actually happens in every WZ. So the team with more brain wins. It called mind over matter.

this is true for every warzone, it's obvious. but i see too many teams all getting trolled by 2 ops on their pylon never able to kill them both before one gets back and keep stopping the cap. it doesn't always happen but 2 who know what they are doing will consistently prevent a team from capping the whole warzone and do so with ease because 2 rolls, surrender, and holotraverse and their back in seconds. i had one yesterday where neither team capped for 2 rounds. that's what prompted this post. and killing wasn't an issue they were just getting back almost instantly Yes there are things you can do but explaining these sounds like a self-defense instructor telling me how to stop a specific attack that he tells you to do and therefore expects. i don't blame the warzone though. i blame power creep. not that any one class is overpowered or anything like that we just have way too many tools and CDs and damage is fairly low compared to previous expansions. this is why it should be taken out. there is no way to simply fix it. maybe reduce cap time? but then its too easy to sap-cap so i dont know. you are right in that everyone should defend and focus them but when does that ever happen? all i ever see is 2 or 3 people just get trolled for trying to play the objective in a way that inst possible in other Warzones. why do you think civil war no longer has a speeder to grass and snow? (yes it used to) its to stop that exact scenario

this is true for every warzone, it's obvious. but i see too many teams all getting trolled by 2 ops on their pylon never able to kill them both before one gets back and keep stopping the cap. it doesn't always happen but 2 who know what they are doing will consistently prevent a team from capping the whole warzone and do so with ease because 2 rolls, surrender, and holotraverse and their back in seconds. i had one yesterday where neither team capped for 2 rounds. that's what prompted this post. and killing wasn't an issue they were just getting back almost instantly Yes there are things you can do but explaining these sounds like a self-defense instructor telling me how to stop a specific attack that he tells you to do and therefore expects. i don't blame the warzone though. i blame power creep. not that any one class is overpowered or anything like that we just have way too many tools and CDs and damage is fairly low compared to previous expansions. this is why it should be taken out. there is no way to simply fix it. maybe reduce cap time? but then its too easy to sap-cap so i dont know. you are right in that everyone should defend and focus them but when does that ever happen? all i ever see is 2 or 3 people just get trolled for trying to play the objective in a way that inst possible in other Warzones. why do you think civil war no longer has a speeder to grass and snow? (yes it used to) its to stop that exact scenario

You are absolutely right but that's not WZ issue. As someone pointed out in another post players don't seems to understand how AH works.

You don’t need to kill the operative to cap. You just need to force them into the open and stun them or disable them so another can cap. Which isn’t always easy in a pug group because others will white bar them or break a well timed cc.

That doesn’t mean it’s not possible or that people shouldn’t learn to get better with anticipating what tactics and strategy to use. And the only way that happens is to pass on that knowledge when situations present themselves.

That’s how I and many other long term players learnt to play better. We had others around us to pass on the knowledge or we tried and tested different tactics till we found ones that work.

You don’t need to kill the operative to cap. You just need to force them into the open and stun them or disable them so another can cap. Which isn’t always easy in a pug group because others will white bar them or break a well timed cc.

That doesn’t mean it’s not possible or that people shouldn’t learn to get better with anticipating what tactics and strategy to use. And the only way that happens is to pass on that knowledge when situations present themselves.

That’s how I and many other long-term players learned to play better. We had others around us to pass on the knowledge or we tried and tested different tactics till we found ones that work.

oh yes just CC the operative as soon as his teammate is dead, as long he isn't dotted, resolved, has no stun break, doesn't dodge the stun and your team actually has the CC and altogether doesn't break it. just like that! just teach your team, pass on that knowledge got it :rolleyes: id love to know what this "disable" button is. never heard of that before. unless they added a silence to the game il assume you're referring to roots. you know they have ranged abilities right? and that's after you forced them out of stealth and id, love to know how you consistently do that oh and all this before his teammate gets back from spawn which takes about 4 seconds once the gate opens. i could go on but id just be repeating myself and from previous replies

Played 4 hypergates last night and one game had the issue you said and guess what....managed to just obliterate the stealthers and win the game and no they didn't get back in time, And people in other threads may say operatives are hard to kill but I find them the fairly easy to kill. Sounds like you need to learn your class more or maybe make an operative/scoundrel class to learn it so you can combat their abilities.

I don't normally throw the "git gud bruh" but in this instance I think its appropriate.

oh yes just CC the operative as soon as his teammate is dead, as long he isn't dotted, resolved, has no stun break, doesn't dodge the stun and your team actually has the CC and altogether doesn't break it. just like that! just teach your team, pass on that knowledge got it :rolleyes: id love to know what this "disable" button is. never heard of that before. unless they added a silence to the game il assume you're referring to roots. you know they have ranged abilities right? and that's after you forced them out of stealth and id, love to know how you consistently do that oh and all this before his teammate gets back from spawn which takes about 4 seconds once the gate opens. i could go on but id just be repeating myself and from previous replies

Sounds like you don’t even want to try and get better. Have you ever bothered to read the sticky I linked?

For anyone interested in learning how to play the map

With the AHG video, we notice some scoring anomalies which side track us for a bit while we try to work it out, but feel free to skip that part.

For anyone interested in learning how to play the map

With the AHG video, we notice some scoring anomalies which side track us for a bit while we try to work it out, but feel free to skip that part.

You and I don’t always see eye to eye, but you have always provided good training material for the community for both new and old players. That is why I often send people to your training links.

Maybe you might make a seperate thread like Ne’laa’s. One that links all of your training material in one thread and we can try and get Jackie to sticky it too. Then it will be much easier to send people to both yours and Ne’laa’s info.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You and I don’t always see eye to eye, but you have always provided good training material for the community for both new and old players. That is why I often send people to your training links.

Maybe you might make a seperate thread like Ne’laa’s. One that links all of your training material in one thread and we can try and get Jackie to sticky it too. Then it will be much easier to send people to both yours and Ne’laa’s info.

You spread a colossal amount of opinion shaped as facts, and I believe your (excessive amounts) of comments are by far a net negative on the PvP community as a whole. Feel free to PM me if you feel compelled to address this, I don't really want to discuss it on the forums.

My videos contain swearing and other colourful language, so it's not possible for bioware to support directly. They're on my channel if people want to look at them.