Can't log into DM, World loading. Stuck on character screen

-Ashton-

Stuck in quick play mode on Darth Malgus also. Was just fine a few minutes ago, went to log back in and then this came up on character select screen, can't play any of my characters now, quick play is just stuck at 0.00% Edited by Farferello

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logs

Logs:

2020/06/24 23:21:08.003:[CRIT]{01424} - WEBREQ: Fail [50000194] Status: item cannot be found @ support.bitraider.com/language/lang_9.zip ****

2020/06/24 23:21:08.003:[DBUG]QtOut: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

2020/06/24 23:21:09.182:[WARN]{069A0} - DLM: Check source done, HTTP code: 404, request pending: false

2020/06/24 23:21:09.182:[DBUG]QtOut: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

2020/06/24 23:21:09.196:[CRIT]{01424} - WEBREQ: Fail [50000194] Status: item cannot be found @ cdn-patch.swtor.com/bitraider/support/swtor_swtor.bitraid ****

2020/06/24 23:21:09.196:[iNFO]{069A0} - DownloadManager: Cleanup requested..

and etc..

I have this same problem. The game runs fine on my laptop, but when I load it up on my desktop, I can only log in to starting toons. I tried deleting bitraider. I tried using the launcher repair utility. Nothing fixes. I think I'm going to try deleting my swtor folder in %appdata%. I'll let you guys know if that fixes.

PS - I'm on SF -- not sure if server has to do with anything.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports concerning the issue with the Character Selection Screen.

Our team is currently looking into it. I will let you know when I have more information about it.

4+ hours later, no fix, no update...

I had opened a ticket concerning this issue and actually got an email back. The steps to follow (copied from said email) are:

>Close the SW:TOR launcher.

>Download the launcher repair file here : http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityD2020.0.6.exe

>When you’re asked, choose to Save the file.

>Copy or move the downloaded file to your SW:TOR game folder:

32-bit Windows - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

64-bit Windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

>Once you’ve copied the file, double-click on it to run it.

>Choose Install, and let it run.

>When it’s finished running, it opens the launcher. Try logging in and patching again.

However, I solved the issue for me by finally reinstalling the game and deactivating streaming mode. I suppose it doesn't matter if you uninstall the game or not, deactivating streaming mode is always followed by downloading the whole game (~40GB according to my game folder) ... however, after doing that everything worked fine.

Deactivating Streaming mode:

- Go to the SWTOR directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

- Open the file "launcher.settings" using notepad or notpad++ (any texteditor will do)

- change "bitraider_disable": false to "bitraider_disable": true

- save the file

- start the launcher

Good luck, may the downloadrate be with you ... :-)

4+ hours later, no fix, no update...

You do realise they’ve “gone home” for the day or more likely because of lock down, are already at home and logged off till tomorrow.

I wouldn’t expect another yellow till tomorrow mid morning (maybe) and then another day till they patch it.

Just trying the launcher fix and now its downloading a 1GB update - but will see if it then lets me get past the character screen (forgot to mention it downloaded the patch fine earlier on and i could play)

EDIT - just realised its not a 1Gb patch its redownloading the whole game! :eek:

UPDATE - well once the game redownloaded I could get in - even changed the launcher settings file back to the original one and I could still log on....

Edited by BigDRC

I had opened a ticket concerning this issue and actually got an email back. The steps to follow (copied from said email) are:

>Download the launcher repair file here : http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/LauncherRepairUtilityD2020.0.6.exe

32-bit Windows - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

64-bit Windows - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

>When it’s finished running, it opens the launcher. Try logging in and patching again.

However, I solved the issue for me by finally reinstalling the game and deactivating streaming mode. I suppose it doesn't matter if you uninstall the game or not, deactivating streaming mode is always followed by downloading the whole game (~40GB according to my game folder) ... however, after doing that everything worked fine.

- Go to the SWTOR directory (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)

- Open the file "launcher.settings" using notepad or notpad++ (any texteditor will do)

- save the file

- start the launcher

The Launch Repair file didn't work. It didn't restart the download.

I'm trying the modify bitraider disable false/true thing, now. It's downloading "English Video 1." Strange, but let's see how that turns out.

EDIT:

Well, the result of doing that bitraider disable false/true thing is that it's downloading the entire game....

Edited by WorldSmasher

Try deleting your Bitraider file (Program Files x86 > Electronic Arts > Bioware > Star Wars The Old Republic). The game should verify, then download the patch.

Just did this and got in. Now, there's a new minimized window in the middle of the left side I can't get rid of. But I'm in :p

EDIT: Well, the result of doing that bitraider disable false/true thing is that it's downloading the entire game....

Well, he did clearly state right before the non-streaming instructions that it would reinstall the game.

You do realise they’ve “gone home” for the day or more likely because of lock down, are already at home and logged off till tomorrow.

I wouldn’t expect another yellow till tomorrow mid morning (maybe) and then another day till they patch it.

When I posted, it was just before 5pm pacific. If they are knocking off on a patch day, esp one that leaves people unable to play, need to replace the individual in charge of the dev-prod.

Try deleting your Bitraider file (Program Files x86 > Electronic Arts > Bioware > Star Wars The Old Republic). The game should verify, then download the patch.

Just did this and got in. Now, there's a new minimized window in the middle of the left side I can't get rid of. But I'm in :p

You can move that (stupid) window, fortunately I have my UI arranged in a way that I could move it into a spot where it doesn't disturb me. Would be better to be able to completely remove it using the UI-editor ... sometimes I'm not sure what the devs do at Bioware ... :-).

Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports concerning the issue with the Character Selection Screen.

Our team is currently looking into it. I will let you know when I have more information about it.

so when we going to get answers on how to solve this issue. Ive tried deleting the Bitraider folder, which caused the game to verify files, and stil the charector screen is locked..

This patch is a total disaster, and your incompetence of applying a patch with no communication through forums or twitter has plenty of people all stuck woundering, in this day of age.. no one should be having to re-download / delete files to actual get a game to work, that previously did work before Your patch screwed it all up.

:mad:

in this day of age.. no one should be having to re-download / delete files to actual get a game to work

This particular point has been an issue from the beginning, esp where you have to re-download the entire game just because you disable bit-raider, let alone as their staple means of 'repairing' an installation. Even having the user manually edit the launcher config file to disable bit-raider is out of date, everyone else has it as an option in their launcher setup.

On top of that, the packaged installers are terribly out of date. If you try to do a 'clean' install via origin, the launcher itself cycles thru ~6 self updates before you can even log in.

Edited by Kaveat

so when we going to get answers on how to solve this issue. Ive tried deleting the Bitraider folder, which caused the game to verify files, and stil the charector screen is locked..

This patch is a total disaster, and your incompetence of applying a patch with no communication through forums or twitter has plenty of people all stuck woundering, in this day of age.. no one should be having to re-download / delete files to actual get a game to work, that previously did work before Your patch screwed it all up.

:mad:

A competent company would have rolled the freaking patch back... This shows a lot, never played this game from launch but I heard the stories... And now I see they were completely true... Way to shoot yourselves in the foot BW you just lost a sub probably more then one.

You seem to forget, you're like that ugly guy/girl.. You don't get to make many mistakes or you're out of there.

Edited by alphamalebsr

- save the file

- start the launcher

The Launch Repair file didn't work. It didn't restart the download.

I'm trying the modify bitraider disable false/true thing, now. It's downloading "English Video 1." Strange, but let's see how that turns out.

EDIT:

Well, the result of doing that bitraider disable false/true thing is that it's downloading the entire game....

I woke up this morning to look see if it was done. It wasn't. I think it's a mess. I stopped the process, uninstalled it, and am now downloading from scratch.

I don't recommend using the above method to fix it. It just results in a whole long re installation or reorganization of your game install.

Just wait for Bioware to patch the game.

EDIT 2:

After a clean re-install, problem persisted.

I tried this Link:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Launcher-Stuck-at-0-or-100-Complete/m-p/5282877#M28

But it did not work for me. Be careful, there are quite a few details in the instructions. If you're one of them "speed readers," you might miss some important steps.

In any case, it didn't work for me.

Edited by WorldSmasher

Mine seems to still have a different problem.

I can initially log in fine, freely switch characters. But if I close the client then come back to it-- I get the can't play until worlds load thing. And no matter how many times I close and restart the client it does it. The only way it seems to correct itself is if I completely restart my computer *then* log in again. In which case, the cycle starts over if I close client. Having to restart my computer. It's clunky as hell... but for now it works.

I'm just gonna quote myself from the thread in the bug section coz I'm lazy.

Ah these things usually miss me, but I suppose it's my turn to get the thing that stops you playing.

I downloaded and installed the patch just fine. Then logged into a couple characters and played for a while. Closed the client. I came back a few hours later and all my characters are greyed out and I got the quick play mode message.

I honestly cannot fathom how you can play fine after the patch and then not at all after restarting the client. How does that even happen?

Oh I'm oldskool and still using the bitraider client if that helps the devs. Never had an issue with it before and no, I aint downloading the whole game again because BW borked a patch. This is on them.

Okay fixed the problem, did the following from: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/GUIDE-Launcher-Stuck-at-0-or-100-Complete/m-p/5282877#M28

"close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder.

Then start the launcher"

did that and now I'm back in. cooler head also helped, this thinking part is painful

Try this! It worked for me, thanks for this hint <3