Mercenary Feedback Thread

JackieKo

I don't like the idea that the devs allow personal biases to influence their design decisions because it's unprofessional and results in a poorer experience, but it really is sadly feeling that this is the case. We're rapidly running out of time before 7.0 launches and there haven't been many major changes based on the large amount of feedback.

Guardians got saber throw and guardian leap back which is awesome and I'm glad that happened - but then immediately after, Powertechs lost every single mobility tool to ABC. It just doesn't make any sense and if this is the direction Mercs and Powertechs are being taken for 7.0, I'm simply not going to play them. Mercs will still be the bloated favourite child and Powertechs will be gutted beyond reason. (I do like some of the survivability upgrades and nuances Powertechs got, but it's not enough)

I'm not a fan of it either. I just call it like I see it. Musco and Keith used to gush over their bounty hunters on stream. Guess what class got a ridiculous defensive buff in 5.xx?

Guy in charge of balancing mains Sniper. All of the sudden snipers get hydraulic overrides when they leave cover and phase walk. In what world does this make sense when they already have a massive accuracy debuff, cc, and immunity to cc when entrenched?

Now the majority of the classes get severely nerfed but somehow Mercenaries, Operatives, and to a lesser extent Snipers just skate on through? Lol.

It's like I said before, for mercs to be nerfed as hard as Juggernauts and Marauders their level 70 choice would have to be Responsive Safeguards, Kolto Overload, Rocket Out or Hydraulic Overrides and their hard CC would have to be removed like force choke. All relevant PvP utilities would become competitive choices in the skill tree arranged in a manner where you can never have all of them, or removed.

It'll never happen, and if it did they'd have made damn sure melee had 0 gap closers and cc first.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is kind of funny at this point...

People who actually play Mercs disappointed at having to make impossible choices in the tree over loss of functionality versus people who wanted them gutted angry that they supposedly still have everything in direct opposition to the reality of it.

People who actually play Mercs disappointed at having to make impossible choices in the tree over loss of functionality versus people who wanted them gutted angry that they supposedly still have everything in direct opposition to the reality of it.

Nah. I don't want mercs gutted. I don't want any of the classes gutted since it results in less fun overall. However, if that's the direction Bioware wants to go then gut them equally.

Hydraulic Overrides / Responsive Safeguards / Electrodart =/= Mad dash, Saber Reflect, Enure || Undying Rage, Mad Dash, Force Camo.

The one thing the changes have in common is that they break the classes in one way or another. I'd rather they just scrap the idea entirely.

Before that though, I'd love to see a duel between a Merc that had to choose either Hydraulic Overrides / Responsive Safeguards, and a Marauder that has no CC, no Undying Rage, and no Force Camo lol.

Edited by Dyne-

Just for the record I barely play my level 75 merc/mandos and think they should -probably- (don't know for sure) be nerfed a bit. But I'm fundamentally opposed to what BW's doing here.

If an ability is too much, nerf it. Don't make a player give up two other abilities to keep the broken one(s).

Edited by WaywardOne

Merc players have gotten too used to having an answer for every single situation they come across. At least Merc players have the option to choose practically every one of their current dcds, have the choice to pick a hard stun etc.

Look at Sentinel. They are losing half their dcds, half their mobility and a lot of abilities aren't even in ABC. They don't have a single stun in their kit as a fully melee damage combat style.

Look at Assassins, they have one dcd base that doesn't do anything vs force and tech attacks.

Look at Powertechs, they have to opt into their engage tools at the expense of losing access to anything else at those ABC levels.

I'm against ability pruning to this extent, but it is absolutely clear that Mercenaries have been under pruned compared to everyone else despite them needing the most pruning. Look at the differences in their ABC choices between each discipline compared to other combat styles. Mercenaries are keeping so many abilities and utilities that there are barely any discipline unique choices - that's just boring. I don't see how it can be argued that Mercs have "impossible choices" when their level 70 choice is between a fourth cc tool (knockback, net, soft cc baseline), a second mobility tool and a third dcd on a ranged off healing combat style...

This is kinda my take. I'm sitting here reading the last page or so going wait what. Mercs seem to give up the most of any class thus far. Believe the Vulkk review pinned it correctly that 7 utilities are locked behind choices vs. 5 for everyone else.

Not to mention losing stun/aoe damage reduction, and choosing between being able to fire on the move or have decent kolto overload...

I genuinely don't get the logic of trying to hope for them to be nerfed more, when they're already giving up a disproportionate amount compared to most others specs.

You can't sit here and compare DCDs to melee btw, seeings how you'll take 30% less AOE damage BY DEFAULT. And some seem to have an option towards stun dr as well. I'm playing without these for my utility settings on live and its insane how much more damage we're taking with that one utility no longer available.

Edited by TheVoyant

This is kinda my take. I'm sitting here reading the last page or so going wait what. Mercs seem to give up the most of any class thus far. Believe the Vulkk review pinned it correctly that 7 utilities are locked behind choices vs. 5 for everyone else.

Not to mention losing stun/aoe damage reduction, and choosing between being able to fire on the move or have decent kolto overload...

I genuinely don't get the logic of trying to hope for them to be nerfed more, when they're already giving up a disproportionate amount compared to most others specs.

You can't sit here and compare DCDs to melee btw, seeings how you'll take 30% less AOE damage BY DEFAULT. And some seem to have an option towards stun dr as well. I'm playing without these for my utility settings on live and its insane how much more damage we're taking with that one utility no longer available.

I think most people posting about invincible Mercs haven't bothered to read any of the reviews or summaries oin the matter and are just piling on.

I think most people posting about invincible Mercs haven't bothered to read any of the reviews or summaries oin the matter and are just piling on.

Yeah, sounds about right bc it doesn't even really make sense contextually.

Just weird while the majority of us are against nerfing to see a group cry out for more of it. I see some disciplines that appear to be even more OP then now in 7.0, Immortal Jugg/All the Sins/etc

But I don't want them nerfed, I just want balance so that skill and gear are the factors. Bring every one up to an equal level, actually plan leveling/abilities, etc. While its basic common sense that nerfing everyone to fix past mistakes and poor planning is probably the worst way to achieve this.

To use the Arms race analogy devs used, its illogical to go with disarming everyone back to stones and sticks vs. bring everyone up to nuclear level. Like its a game where were supposed to feel like super powered sith or renowned bounty hunters... Not a padawan or hutt guardsman. I get its probably the laziest/easiest way but...

Just bring everyone up to have fun. Give people more, not take away everyones toys just cause one or two kids might not have em.

It just goes against all logic imo.

Everyone has tough choices to make. Snipers choose between stun and evasion, Maras between Undying and Camo, Sins between shroud and lift, etc. The point isn't about choices, but what finished product there is after you have made your choices. Merc still can have shield heal, super kolto, reflect (or stun), net, a mez, and double rocket out. Compared to gutting every other class got, that's absurd.

If any class in the game needed abilites removed to reduce bloat, it was Merc. But that didn't really happen. If this is Bioware realizing they shouldn't go so bold, and make a pass to smooth over earlier classes, we don't know. All we can and should go off of is what have, and what he have is some ********.

Edited by Cavtarus

Everyone has tough choices to make. Snipers choose between stun and evasion, Maras between Undying and Camo, Sins between shroud and lift, etc. The point isn't about choices, but what finished product there is after you have made your choices. Merc still can have shield heal, super kolto, reflect (or stun), net, a mez, and double rocket out. Compared to gutting every other class got, that's absurd.

If any class in the game needed abilites removed to reduce bloat, it was Merc. But that didn't really happen. If this is Bioware realizing they shouldn't go so bold, and make a pass to smooth over earlier classes, we don't know. All we can and should go off of is what have, and what he have is some ********.

Hang around these forums long enough and you'll realize that Flop will never agree with you unless you're saying that mercs aren't OP. He argued during the height of merc brokenness in 5.xx that their defensives weren't overtuned. Mercs aren't so bad now in the current state of the game because the majority of the classes got a significant damage boost in 6.xx. Prior to that they were a nightmare and he refused to even acknowledge that it was a problem then.

Understand that he's absolutely not going to acknowledge that this outcome is lopsided. It's literally the best case scenario for merc players.

But it's exactly as you say. The finished product is shocking considering the destruction that was wrought on other classes. Melee in particular don't stand a chance in 7.0.

Laugh and enjoy the video, I know I am lol. I can't wait until a Marauder main tries out PvP on the pts.

Edited by Dyne-

Hang around these forums long enough and you'll realize that Flop will never agree with you unless you're saying that mercs aren't OP. He argued during the height of merc brokenness in 5.xx that their defensives weren't overtuned. Mercs aren't so bad now in the current state of the game because the majority of the classes got a significant damage boost in 6.xx. Prior to that they were a nightmare and he refused to even acknowledge that it was a problem then.

Understand that he's absolutely not going to acknowledge that this outcome is lopsided. It's literally the best case scenario for merc players.

But it's exactly as you say. The finished product is shocking considering the destruction that was wrought on other classes. Melee in particular don't stand a chance in 7.0.

Laugh and enjoy the video, I know I am lol. I can't wait until a Marauder main tries out PvP on the pts.

You can make this personal if you wish but suggesting that mercs are op is not factual.

You can make this personal if you wish but suggesting that mercs are op is not factual.

My intent isn't to insult you, just make it clear where you stand and have always stood.

Mercs were OP in 5.0. I'm not suggesting they're OP as of right now on live, and that's because of the changes that were made in 6.0. Mercs are fine in 6.x because of the fact that every other class was brought up and placed into a position where they can compete. However, it's also true that merc defensives are the strongest amongst DPS classes. They also have one of the most debilitating debuffs in the game (electronet), range, and off-healing capability.

What isn't "factual" is you pretending that if what's on the PTS went live right now that the classes would be on an even playing field. There is 0 chance that a Marauder could even hope to put up a fight against this iteration of Mercenary without Intimidating roar, Force Bound and Defel Spliced Genes (basically, cc tools they have on live). Mercs simply have too many defensives, cc, and escape mechanisms.

Let me be clear, I'm not advocating that mercs need to be nerfed further. What I'm saying is that the devs need to realize that this disparity exists and go fix the other classes that they destroyed.

I'm not making these class comparisons in a vacuum. I play Jugg, Marauder, Sorc, Sin, and Merc. I've also been testing on the PTS.

Edited by Dyne-

Sorry but I am getting frustrated with people crying about op and "balance". They proved in the "summer of pvp" disaster it was complete crap. They nerfed healers and ranged so badly that no one could do any story mode fps or ops

EVEN nightmare raiders couldn't do them and quit the game, all all because of the "balance" for the poor warriors who could not fight healers and ranged characters. My Arso Merc ( whom I only did operations with ) went from shooting missiles to shooting fluffy cotton balls .

IT was brutal, Sorcs instead of being able to actually heal a raid were suddenly only had the ability to heal a finger with spit instead of healing a tank from devastating blows. Thank goodness the Juggs and warriors could heal themselves right. No one else could but it didn't make a raid. So drop the crap and stop ************ about "balance" and leave other classes you Don't play alone. IF you want to play that class then do it and stop playing the infant balance whiny game, OR how about this learn :eek: your class better. I have been playing my merc since Revan. I used to play an operative healer until Revan when they completely changed the format of their game play and I hated it, so I SWITCHED. Novel idea. Just leave other classes alone. Jealousy is really unbecoming.

My intent isn't to insult you, just make it clear where you stand and have always stood.

Mercs were OP in 5.0. I'm not suggesting they're OP as of right now on live, and that's because of the changes that were made in 6.0. Mercs are fine in 6.x because of the fact that every other class was brought up and placed into a position where they can compete. However, it's also true that merc defensives are the strongest amongst DPS classes. They also have one of the most debilitating debuffs in the game (electronet), range, and off-healing capability.

What isn't "factual" is you pretending that if what's on the PTS went live right now that the classes would be on an even playing field. There is 0 chance that a Marauder could even hope to put up a fight against this iteration of Mercenary without Intimidating roar, Force Bound and Defel Spliced Genes (basically, cc tools they have on live). Mercs simply have too many defensives, cc, and escape mechanisms.

Let me be clear, I'm not advocating that mercs need to be nerfed further. What I'm saying is that the devs need to realize that this disparity exists and go fix the other classes that they destroyed.

I'm not making these class comparisons in a vacuum. I play Jugg, Marauder, Sorc, Sin, and Merc. I've also been testing on the PTS.

What disparity?

What happens to Mercs if you take away the DCD entirely? We go back to being free kills... is that what you want? Were not going to over power you, were not going to out burst you, the DCDs are our only chance.

Ive said many times i would be ok with losing some of them if we got a damage buff of some kind to make up for it, but no one wnats that either.

Are mercs the class you fear the most? I highly doubt that... were annoying, thats the whole point.

You know this, so what the real intent here? Why is merc the hated class when you and i both know at least two-three others are far more danger to you.

What disparity?

What happens to Mercs if you take away the DCD entirely? We go back to being free kills... is that what you want? Were not going to over power you, were not going to out burst you, the DCDs are our only chance.

Ive said many times i would be ok with losing some of them if we got a damage buff of some kind to make up for it, but no one wnats that either.

Are mercs the class you fear the most? I highly doubt that... were annoying, thats the whole point.

You know this, so what the real intent here? Why is merc the hated class when you and i both know at least two-three others are far more danger to you.

The disparity is:

1) Difference in control through soft and hard cc.

2) Difference in escape mechanisms.

3) Difference in uptime due to the strength of DCDs.

4) Difference in time on target due to being ranged dps.

Mind you, I'm talking about what's on the PTS. I will reiterate, Mercenaries are fine as they are on the live server because of the fact that their opponents are equipped to deal with them. Counter play (mostly) exists between all classes on live. There are only a few classes on live that need to be balanced (operatives, snipers, skank tanks). Even then it's only small changes.

Counter play does not exist on the PTS as of right now. PvP is a lopsided endeavor at the moment. If you haven't tried it, try it. It's absolute nonsense.

I've already stated my intentions plain as day. I want the devs to realize that if mercs are going to stay like this (and I think they should) that they need to go adjust the survivability of other classes.

Take a step back and look at the current state of Marauder. Force choke and Intimidating Roar have been removed. The level 70 choice is Undying Rage, Force Camo, and Mad Dash.

If they choose Undying Rage that's 6 seconds of damage immunity, then they're forced to stand there and die while Mercs unload their rotation on a stationary, slowed, and most likely electro-netted target. They can't CC you, they can't mad dash or cloak out, they can't predation because it barely gives a decent speed boost. The fact that you didn't choose thrill of the hunt won't matter because Mercs still have access to, quite literally, ALL of their DCDs.

If they choose Mad Dash, they can't cloak out or resist damage for 6 seconds. Meanwhile, Mercs will remain the face tanking Juggernauts that they are. If a Marauder tries to turn tail and run, Mercs still have double rocket out which can be used as a gap closer to chase down Marauders, Juggernauts, Sorcerers, etc.

You really don't see the issue here?

Exercise some impartiality and the problem becomes plain as day.

Edited by Dyne-

The disparity is:

1) Difference in control through soft and hard cc.

2) Difference in escape mechanisms.

3) Difference in uptime due to the strength of DCDs.

4) Difference in time on target due to being ranged dps.

Mind you, I'm talking about what's on the PTS. I will reiterate, Mercenaries are fine as they are on the live server because of the fact that their opponents are equipped to deal with them. Counter play (mostly) exists between all classes on live. There are only a few classes on live that need to be balanced (operatives, snipers, skank tanks). Even then it's only small changes.

Counter play does not exist on the PTS as of right now. PvP is a lopsided endeavor at the moment. If you haven't tried it, try it. It's absolute nonsense.

I've already stated my intentions plain as day. I want the devs to realize that if mercs are going to stay like this (and I think they should) that they need to go adjust the survivability of other classes.

Take a step back and look at the current state of Marauder. Force choke and Intimidating Roar have been removed. The level 70 choice is Undying Rage, Force Camo, and Mad Dash.

If they choose Undying Rage that's 6 seconds of damage immunity, then they're forced to stand there and die while Mercs unload their rotation on a stationary, slowed, and most likely electro-netted target. They can't CC you, they can't mad dash or cloak out, they can't predation because it barely gives a decent speed boost. The fact that you didn't choose thrill of the hunt won't matter because Mercs still have access to, quite literally, ALL of their DCDs.

If they choose Mad Dash, they can't cloak out or resist damage for 6 seconds. Meanwhile, Mercs will remain the face tanking Juggernauts that they are. If a Marauder tries to turn tail and run, Mercs still have double rocket out which can be used as a gap closer to chase down Marauders, Juggernauts, Sorcerers, etc.

You really don't see the issue here?

Exercise some impartiality and the problem becomes plain as day.

You have described it well form your view, however, i think you are overstating what mercs are keeping versus losing. I cant imagine people taking all of the options we have today and giving up other things. If you do the same quality analysis on the merc choices you see we will be losing a couple things unless we go out of our way to keep them and give up other things which would likely be a mistake. Would you give up your stun for example?

Would it be fair to say were perhaps keeping more than others, absolutely yes, but we have to or we become fodder again. Remember that is our play style. Should we not have more? If you completely level the playing field and give everyone the same numbers and typs of skills your homogenizing everyone and that to me isnt wise.

I played this class when it was a hot mess, absolute garbage.. and i played it when it was good, wouldnt you fight going back to that? You take away the DCDs thats what you condemn us to. so yeah ill fight to not be that again, wouldn't you?

Most of the new passives and abilities are placeholders with zero description.

Right now it doesn't feel any different from live.

It's nice that I can switch some of the ability choices live, but I would love to be able to:

1. See all the new abilities before i can judge their usefulness

2. Be able to swap my ability trees live too, in order to compare.

Right now it's just not possible to compare the changes to live because of how unfinished this is.

The poster complaining about a Merc in PvP for PTS....

Literally two/three stuns and followed by a basic burst can kill a Merc right now. They cannot survive stealthers at all as stands (the class they're supposedly able to counter)

As stands in 7.0 the power balance is Stealth by a massive lead, Tank, giant drop off then Melee, then followed at a distance Ranged. Mara has more survivability then Merc in PvP on 7.0. Merc has all its DCDs and its still not enough to withstand a well timed stun/burst combo. (One stun break. One dcd that can be used while stunned, but still taking 30%! more damage)

And also Mercs supposedly have the most options reduced in comparison to other classes. A lot of utilities are gone are locked behind choices. As noted previously 7 of our utilities vs 5 for most others according the Vulkk review. I've not personally double checked this aspect.

There is no balance in 7.0 at all thus far. But as stands ranged are getting the worst end of the deal.

Edited by TheVoyant

The poster complaining about a Merc in PvP for PTS....

Literally two/three stuns and followed by a basic burst can kill a Merc right now. They cannot survive stealthers at all as stands (the class they're supposedly able to counter)

As stands in 7.0 the power balance is Stealth by a massive lead, Tank, giant drop off then Melee, then followed at a distance Ranged. Mara has more survivability then Merc in PvP on 7.0. Merc has all its DCDs and its still not enough to withstand a well timed stun/burst combo. (One stun break. One dcd that can be used while stunned, but still taking 30%! more damage)

And also Mercs supposedly have the most options reduced in comparison to other classes. A lot of utilities are gone are locked behind choices. As noted previously 7 of our utilities vs 5 for most others according the Vulkk review. I've not personally double checked this aspect.

There is no balance in 7.0 at all thus far. But as stands ranged are getting the worst end of the deal.

I agree that pvp balance looks like it's about to be getting much worse. But I need to pvp to say for sure how it plays out (alot of it depends on numbers). But what mara survivability are you referring to? Maras will have limited mobility (easier to kite), and their dcds might look like:

Cloak of Pain - 20% damage reduction for 5-30 secs every minute or so

Saber Ward - 12 second defense boost and damage absorber every three minutes

Undying Rage - 4 seconds of virtual damage immunity every three minutes

Mercs have

Shield every 2 min

Kolto Override every 3 min

Rocket out every 20 secs

Hydraulic overrides every 45 secs

Cleanse

Plus they have self-heals, a ranged mez (allows "heal-to-full"), a hard stun option and all of their damage is ranged

Merc-vs-Mara on paper looks very bad for the Mara.

Edited by WaywardOne

I agree that pvp balance looks like it's about to be getting much worse. But I need to pvp to say for sure how it plays out (alot of it depends on numbers). But what mara survivability are you referring to? Maras will have limited mobility (easier to kite), and their dcds might look like:

Cloak of Pain - 20% damage reduction for 5-30 secs every minute or so

Saber Ward - 12 second defense boost and damage absorber every three minutes

Undying Rage - 4 seconds of virtual damage immunity every three minutes

Mercs have

Shield every 2 min

Kolto Override every 3 min

Rocket out every 20 secs

Hydraulic overrides every 45 secs

Cleanse

Plus they have self-heals, a ranged mez (allows "heal-to-full"), a hard stun option and all of their damage is ranged

Merc-vs-Mara on paper looks very bad for the Mara.

Why are we comparing only DCDs? Yes Mercs have more, we all concede that.

Now factor in everything else... gap closers, slows, leaps, shouts, higher dps... and the fact that in your example we will lose one of those DCDs to keep the hard stun at the level 70 tier.

It does no argument justice to look only at one part of the puzzle as compared to the full picture. If you take away more of our DCDs where free kills again. How do you propose to balance that?

Why are we comparing only DCDs? Yes Mercs have more, we all concede that.

Now factor in everything else... gap closers, slows, leaps, shouts, higher dps... and the fact that in your example we will lose one of those DCDs to keep the hard stun at the level 70 tier.

It does no argument justice to look only at one part of the puzzle as compared to the full picture. If you take away more of our DCDs where free kills again. How do you propose to balance that?

I was responding to "Mara has more survivability then Merc in PvP on 7.0." No. Survivability is about heals, control, escapes and dcds. Mercs have more of all of that then Maras in 7.0. Maras will have charge while mercs will have almost a rocket out to match every one. They have hydraulic overrides with the speed buff for crunch times. And they have a cleanse for the times they get hit with a mara's snares. Please don't mention transcendence. In a one-vs-one maras will be within damage dealing range for a fraction of a fight meanwhile the merc will be doing damage and healing at will. I'm not a merc expert, I haven't pvp'd with or against them (or at all) on the pts but, in general, people arguing that mara's are somehow great at survivability triggers me. I don't want people thinking it's ok to nerf them or they should have been nerfed the hardest because they have -ever- been especially great at survivability.

As for my suggestion, it's simple: rethink the pruning. We don't need to reset everyone to pre-launch levels just because some abilities should be adjusted. The wrecking ball strategy being used is not going to fix balance problems, it's just going to piss people off and set us to a new level where balancing has not been done and will still be needed.

I was responding to "Mara has more survivability then Merc in PvP on 7.0." No. Survivability is about heals, control, escapes and dcds. Mercs have more of all of that then Maras in 7.0. Maras will have charge while mercs will have almost a rocket out to match every one. They have hydraulic overrides with the speed buff for crunch times. And they have a cleanse for the times they get hit with a mara's snares. Please don't mention transcendence. In a one-vs-one maras will be within damage dealing range for a fraction of a fight meanwhile the merc will be doing damage and healing at will. I'm not a merc expert, I haven't pvp'd with or against them (or at all) on the pts but, in general, people arguing that mara's are somehow great at survivability triggers me. I don't want people thinking it's ok to nerf them or they should have been nerfed the hardest because they have -ever- been especially great at survivability.

As for my suggestion, it's simple: rethink the pruning. We don't need to reset everyone to pre-launch levels just because some abilities should be adjusted. The wrecking ball strategy being used is not going to fix balance problems, it's just going to piss people off and set us to a new level where balancing has not been done and will still be needed.

OK, well if i misunderstood that i apologize... ive just seen a lot of people tossing that out likes its the end alll beat all thesis on the matter.

AS for the rethink pruning, i agree 100%. Pruning just ot prune isnt a logical or viable solution, and yet it appeas what they are doing.

Were not getting anything new, in fact we losing things till we re-reach max... so this all makes little sense.

Unless of course they are trying to port it to console or whatever.

My apologies for delay in reply, I try not to frequent the forums too often bc the devs keep putting nails in coffins for me everytime I read a new post lol.

But in regards to Mara vs. Merc survivability as I aforementioned you've gotta approach pvp from a 7.0 perspective where AoEs and Stuns are the focus due to how absurdly OP they've both become:

Defensive Roll – Reduces AOE damage taken.

Zealous Ward – Getting hit during Saber Ward heals you and grants crowd control immunity

Force Camouflage – Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, granting immunity to controlling effects, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Removes all cleansable effects when activated.

Incisor – Adds snare to certain attacks.

These used in conjunction dictate the battlefield. CCs and AoE DR are currently extremely overpowered aspects how 7.0 PTS PvP plays out with the information we have.

While its contrary to live thinking if you stack AoE Damage and utilize it every class without the DR melts almost instantly. Especially if its two or three players using AoE.

Literally any class with a combo of AoE DR and CCs owns any class without. Same with CC immunities.

Sure Merc has more overall DCDs, but they're needed considerably more often due to that 30% more damage taken and only having one CC break.

If you play like 6.0 Merc will win, but AoE spam people who've been rooted or stunned and you'll see what I mean.

Does this mean Mara needs nerfed, no. They're still on the lower tier, but ranged currently sits below them in PvP survivability due to the massive imbalance these changes have created.

I fail to understand what the goal of 7.0 even is. If it's ability pruning, I'd have expected to see Fusion Missile and Missile blast either removed or preferably changed for the Arsenal spec. Fusion Missile remains largely niche and clunky, while missile blast still serves no discernable purpose for Arsenal.

Missile blast doesn't have to be remain worthless, you can make it an off GCD Proc, sort of like a 1 shot Shoulder Cannon that is only usable if a proc condition is met. Make Fusion Missile a reliable single target dot that also happens to apply a weak dot to surrounding enemies. You know what'd be cool? 2-3 tactical slots that we could cycle through in combat, add some variety to this dated combat system, while you're at it, get over the stand and cast ranged combat. Snipers I get but its 2021 now, the entire combat system feels dated.