Would the return of PVP vendor be welcomed at current time (6.1.2)?

afwhoefuwov

Let me first say that I am not a veteran player and I just recently started PVP. I first played the game in 2015, then quitted because of work. At the time, if I remember correctly, we still need to gear our companions and bosses were much harder than now, e.g. that Jedi on Tattooine gave my Marauder a very hard time. I didnt really advance far in 2015, until recently I came back because of the social distance thing with the pandemic.

I learned that BW dropped the PVP vendor. Of course, I didnt know about PVP in 2015 because I quitted early. From scouting around, I learned that these PVP sets do give special bonuses like current Set Bonus. Plus, some of these really do have very unique look (Champion Vindicator for that almost exact Darth Marr look). From what I understood, these sets were bought using Warzone Commendations (obtained from doing pvp).

Would a return of the PVP vendor be welcomed? Perhaps, instead of Warzone Commendations, we can buy these special gears if you reach a certain valor. I feel like those PVP sets make it special if you PVP.

Edited by afwhoefuwov

Would a return of the PVP vendor be welcomed? Perhaps, instead of Warzone Commendations, we can buy these special gears if you reach a certain valor. I feel like those PVP sets make it special if you PVP.

The pvp vendor was removed in favour of non specific content gear. Ie, you can theoretically get gear with set bonuses from playing most content in the game when you get to lvl 75 (max lvl), which is when you would have been able to equip the old pvp gear (if it was still available)

Since 6.0 was released, the old set bonus gear can still be worn at lvl 75, but the set bonuses are deactivated when you hit lvl 75 now. This was done so that players would grind out the new set bonuses that can be obtained from the direct gear vendors on the fleet, the RNG fleet vendor and the Kai Zykken gear vendor as well as from content and conquest box drops.

So there is no reason to have the old pvp vendors back because they are obsolete. You also don’t get war zone commendations anymore and they’ve been removed from the game.

Sadly, a lot of the best in slot gear to wear in pvp is locked behind playing PVE Nightmare Operations, which is absolutely ridiculous if you are a ranked pvper and don’t play Operations. You can get most of it from the Kai Zykken vendor by buying the random items. It’s 100% RNG and the worst possible way for pvpers to obtain BiS gear for pvp.

There are some guides on the best ways to gear up if you are wanting to pvp. I’d suggest doing a google search of the forums and other support sites. Then if you still need info, post back here and we’ll fill in the gaps.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sadly, a lot of the best in slot gear to wear in pvp is locked behind playing PVE Nightmare Operations, which is absolutely ridiculous if you are a ranked pvper and don’t play Operations. You can get most of it from the Kai Zykken vendor by buying the random items. It’s 100% RNG and the worst possible way for pvpers to obtain BiS gear for pvp..

yep. this is quite annoying. I've also painted myself into a corner by min/maxing assault spec.

BW is strange. it makes so many incredibly cupcake decisions that turn the game into /faceroll moosh, and then there are these outliers like leveling and gearing through pvp. w/o the WZ comms, leveling is just incredibly slow with no payoff. but pve leveling and heroics are so mind-numbingly easy that you literally just /faceroll through everything (including "story mode" solo instances). Then (seemingly) random gates for some bis sets but not others behind NiM/HM/whatever mode operations...but not other...it's just weird. this feels like the most kiddie-friendly, catering WoW clone I've ever played that has these occasional hiccups where Sidius comes flying back up from the bowels of the the death star and says, "oh. you think you can throw me in the lighting pit? I AM THE LIGHTING! Ride the lightning mutha$*&(er!"

Edited by foxmob

I very much prefer the old way of gearing; where I get PVP gear via PVP (a vendor or even the old RNG battlemaster boxes) and PVE gear via raiding.

in the latter part of the 2.X days, my raid disbanded due to some real life things and burn out. so I went exclusively to PVP. I was able to still gear my characters to BiS gear and augments exclusively by PVP and crafting.

I no longer have the time or interest to commit to a raid team; as it stand I can not really earn the materials for augments; I can not get some of the BiS sets for the classes I enjoy playing. as someone that is exclusively a PVPer that occasionally does onderon dailies between matches I can never achieve the gear levels that I used to be able achieve. This means that I will always be at a gearing disadvantage in PVP to those that do PVE content. This is wrong; BiS PVP gear should never be gated behind PVE content.

The current system is not fun and part of the reason I left the game during KOTFE and will likely be a contributing factor to when I stop playing this time around