Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I don't know about letting it effect affections gains/losses. I can see Khem Val now "Usless creature! Master you waste more time, and I grow restless" -40 affection :D

Until it starts eating people. Or you could be wandering around your ship and suddenly catch him playing with it.

"Who's a cute little predator? Who's going to eat everyone in the galaxy? You are, that's -"

"Khem, what are you doing?"

"WHA- I, er... I was berating the tiny creature for being useless! Yes. That's... what I was doing."

"With a squeaky toy?"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea in giving the player a choice to hide the actual {Flirt} word itself that pops up identifying the flirt dialogue on the convo wheel. I see where from an RPing standpoint that would be even more immersion for the player. Might be a good idea to post that in the "Suggestion" area if it haven't already been posted.

And I agree that simply removing the [Flirt] text next to the dialogue for good would violate the whole "You won't be tricked into romances," bit. Personally for me I love that they have our flirt options identified, after playing Mass Effect 2 and repeatedly accidentally giving Jacob the wrong idea, The PRIZE, I like know what I'm going to say... ;)

Back on topic, someone mention they hope that when they add SGR content that it's added in a patch and not a extra download that you have to pay for and I agree. In essence the game was shipped short of a bit of it's planned content so we shouldn't have to pay for it.

I think I can say for many of us that releasing SGR as a paid xpac wouldn't be fair to this side of the fanbase. It isn't a deal breaker for me personally, but I know some would feel otherwise.

You know, if it had been any other company that hadn't set precence on SGRs already, I would not care as much. As it is, this is Bioware, known for their SGR context and I'm sad that so many people are left out.

"Have this tauntaun calf. PS, I love you."

That would be awesome and adorable.

On another note, if they ever allowed one to purchase a real stuffed tauntaun that came with an in-game code for a mini-pet... I totally would.

On another note, if they ever allowed one to purchase a real stuffed tauntaun that came with an in-game code for a mini-pet... I totally would.

Ever since I was a little kid and saw Empire Strikes Back the tauntaun has been my favourite Star Wars critter, hands down. :D

I would if they donated to a charity, such as Special Olympics or Child's Play, in a heartbeat.

I just want a Blizz plushie. He'd sit on my pillow keeping my quarters safe from intruders when I'm away, sit on the console on the bridge when I'm flying around between planets, and occasionally ride around in my backpack when I'm out on assignment.

Make it so, Bioware. :jawa_smile:

Also: a pet kath hound or akk dog, be it fully grown or a puppy. I'm a cat person, though.

Puppy! You should totally be able to train it to guard the hatch or the cockpit or something. Then when companions you don't like try to enter it growls at them and you berate them for being offended.

"You're just jealous of him! If you'd be nice to him he'd be fine!"

"He tried to rip my hand off!!"

"Psh, he's just being playful."

Until it starts eating people. Or you could be wandering around your ship and suddenly catch him playing with it.

"Who's a cute little predator? Who's going to eat everyone in the galaxy? You are, that's -"

"WHA- I, er... I was berating the tiny creature for being useless! Yes. That's... what I was doing."

"With a squeaky toy?"

Thank for my daily laugh. That was awesome! :D

I just want a Blizz plushie. He'd sit on my pillow keeping my quarters safe from intruders when I'm away, sit on the console on the bridge when I'm flying around between planets, and occasionally ride around in my backpack when I'm out on assignment.

Make it so, Bioware. :jawa_smile:

Cute plushies for all! I'd probably go with the Blizz plushie too. I've loved them since I saw New Hope when I was little(many years ago and in a state far far away.)

Plushies and/or pets would be an awesome addition to the companion system in general, particularly romances.

"Look... I know having kids is a bad idea, what with the galaxy in peril and all... but I was thinking... what would you say about maybe a nexu cub?"

"Well... yeah, we could maybe do that."

"Great, glad you agree! I already got him! His name's Spike!" *hands cub over to somewhat stunned love interest*

"With a squeaky toy?"

hahaha i would LOVE to have that convo with him

Plushies and/or pets would be an awesome addition to the companion system in general, particularly romances.

"Look... I know having kids is a bad idea, what with the galaxy in peril and all... but I was thinking... what would you say about maybe a nexu cub?"

"Well... yeah, we could maybe do that."

"Great, glad you agree! I already got him! His name's Spike!" *hands cub over to somewhat stunned love interest*

Exactly what I was thinking - it's in the scope of this thread: how do we want it implemented? WITH PUPPIES!

Back to talking about plushies and kittens/puppies as romance gifts!

I'd love to see a little baby nexu roaming around my ship. Sleeping curled up on my bed. Batting balls of string around the cargo hold. Chasing Blizz around. Shredding one of Gault's expensive shirts... :jawa_wink:

"Utinniiiiiii!" *pounced*

Edited by Notannos
off-topic

Back to talking about plushies and kittens/puppies as romance gifts!

I'd love to see a little baby nexu roaming around my ship. Sleeping curled up on my bed. Batting balls of string around the cargo hold. Chasing Blizz around. Shredding one of Gault's expensive shirts... :jawa_wink:

"Utinniiiiiii!" *pounced*

Personally, I wouldn't mind an akk dog pup that used Wonderbread Boy for a chew toy.

Pup(spits out Quinn): Mama, this taste like brown noser

Me: You did just fine. Good Dog!

DS Jaesa: You know I could use him for my light side sith hunting...

I really like this idea and I don't think it's been brought up before. So, who do you think would like pet X? Personally, a baby tauntaun for Mako would just be perfect.

Edited by Notannos

Personally, I wouldn't mind an akk dog pup that used Wonderbread Boy for a chew toy.

Pup(spits out Quinn): Mama, this taste like brown noser

Me: You did just fine. Good Dog!

DS Jaesa: You know I could use him for my light side sith hunting...

I really like this idea and I don't think it's been brought up before. So, who do you think would like pet X? Personally, a baby tauntaun for Mako would just be perfect.

I think Nadia should get something big and hulking and mean-looking that she then treats like it's the cutest little kitten in the universe and everyone else goes o_O

Edited by Notannos

Mako strikes me as more of a dog person, personally. She'd probably go all mushy over a little puppy with floppy ears. :jawa_smile:

Kaliyo, on the other hand, would want something vicious and dangerous. And she'd find great joy in teaching it to hunt and maul the other companions.

Corso's definitely a dog person.

Vette I'd say is probably a cat person. Plus a little kitten could ride on her head sitting between her lekku.

Even though Jorgan is a cathar, I think he'd probably be a dog person. A good, solid, loyal hound would appeal to him I think.

:jawa_smile:

I think Nadia should get something big and hulking and mean-looking that she then treats like it's the cutest little kitten in the universe and everyone else goes o_O

Then I refer you back to my baby rancor idea. It's a face only a Hutt could love, but maybe Mako too. ;)

Mako strikes me as more of a dog person, personally. She'd probably go all mushy over a little puppy with floppy ears. :jawa_smile:

Kaliyo, on the other hand, would want something vicious and dangerous. And she'd find great joy in teaching it to hunt and maul the other companions.

Corso's definitely a dog person.

Vette I'd say is probably a cat person. Plus a little kitten could ride on her head sitting between her lekku.

Even though Jorgan is a cathar, I think he'd probably be a dog person. A good, solid, loyal hound would appeal to him I think.

:jawa_smile:

Aww, now I have pictures of a kitten riding on Vette's head. Someone that has artistry skills must draw it. Too...cute...overloading.....POP!

Ok, so this will be my last post in this thread, because honestly, I'm being made out to be some sort of bad guy just because I wanted a "toggle" (note that I have no problems with SGR for the people that want it.. yet I'm still being attacked).

So, what if the default for ALL flirt option was "off". You would then have the option to turn on "opposite sex flirtation", turn on "same sex flirtation" and a third option to turn on both.

That seems about as fair as you could possibly get for all parties involved. Does that sound fair to you guys/gals?

In all honesty I would find such a toggle to be unnecessary. It's really not that hard to just not choose flirt options. However if a toggle were to be implemented I'd expect it would filter all forms of romance. Whether there would be separate toggles for same sex or opposite sex is another matter, of course.

So yes, I'd consider that more fair. But not having any toggles would be just as fair.

Okay, not going to reply to any specific post because I'm sure it'll probably be deleted for being offensive before I can even finish typing this line. That's good, because it really WAS offensive! But anyway...

Something I've seen a few SGRA detractors throw out as an excuse to ban the content is the "guy playing a lesbian to get his kicks" argument. As if most of us were basement-dwelling loners who have to get jollies by seeing two girls together in a brief cut-scene, because clearly you can't find things any racier than that on the internet!

Even if that were the case and every single person fighting for SGRAs was just a guy wanting to see some Mako-on-Vette action...

... so what? Again, you're not forced to see this content unless you take the obviously labeled options that lead to it.

Furthermore (and again, we're living in hyperbole world where the game is played by nothing but lesbian-fetish men), this is still the addition of content! When BioWare adds PVP content, I don't fanatically oppose it or try to limit it so I can't see it. I don't argue that "PVP content? That's only added for a bunch of guys trying to make up for some inadequacies in their real lives!" Even though I do find PVP personally offensive, I don't feel the need to explain why I hate PVP and use my personal beliefs for any reason to limit in-game content.

Added content means more happy players. More happy players mean more money for the game. More money for the game means more resources to improve the parts YOU like.

I'd really like to believe that most of the player base is rational, and won't get upset at just seeing the possibility of something they don't like existing, of course.

Is asking for the removal of all flirt and romance options offensive?

Not offensive, but it is a bit silly. The developers put romance into the game intentionally and seem very proud of their decision to do so.

Just checking... guess I'll know if my post remains.

Please take this issue to the moderators. We still can't help you with moderation issues.

So, what if the default for ALL flirt option was "off". You would then have the option to turn on "opposite sex flirtation", turn on "same sex flirtation" and a third option to turn on both.

That seems about as fair as you could possibly get for all parties involved. Does that sound fair to you guys/gals?

No.

How about including same-gender content with exactly the same mechanism as currently exists for opposite-gender content already - which no one objects to in that context - and you learn to get along just like everyone else does.

THAT is fair.