Yavin 4 SH bugs

Jerba

When entering the Yavin IV Stronghold, it throws you into the "Space" chat channel. Is this intended or should we be seeing the Yavin IV chat channel?

Thanks Devs for moving my post into here, must have missed this thread when I was looking to see if one had already been created.

Intro cinematic is shown every time you enter your own stronghold, it should only be shown once per character to bring it in line with the other strongholds.

Can't say I'm complaining about this one. I really wish they would put an option ingame to see the cinematics anytime you wanted. I do agree they need to all be equal though.

In social bar and the /who list, the Yavin 4 stronghold shows up as "Space" and the chat is not connected to the Yavin 4 planetary chat.

Confirmed to be a known issue via Twitter:

@badfeelingpdcst Yeah, we're looking into that! I mean...you ARE technically in space....

No word on the other two bugs yet.

Can't say I'm complaining about this one. I really wish they would put an option ingame to see the cinematics anytime you wanted. I do agree they need to all be equal though.

I have nothing against it being optional, like a small button near the entrance that allows you to rewatch the intro. But the game shouldn't force everyone to watch it each time they enter the stronghold.

Edited by Jerba

I have nothing against it being optional, like a small button near the entrance that allows you to rewatch the intro. But the game shouldn't force everyone to watch it each time they enter the stronghold.

Definitely agree with you there. I've just always regretted taking all of my characters into my Tatooine stronghold before having it decorated. Since the cutscenes show decorations that are placed, you don't get the full experience unless you set a character aside and never enter until you're done.

I was attempting to pick up decorations in one of my rooms and it picked up all of my decorations for the entire stronghold

Keep in mind that the room where the decorations are getting picked up is where your selected hook is, not where you character is standing. And also, "room" means the room unlocks, not rooms in a physical sense.

Which hook did you have selected when you clicked the "pick up all decorations" button?

Don't want to test it in case I have to redecorate the stronghold, sorry. ;)

Edited by Jerba

I think there's a missing hook in the main temple room. Screen shots below:

North East corner of main temple room, medium hook:

http://i.imgur.com/tw1FZgS.jpg

South East Corner of main temple room, missing medium hook:

http://i.imgur.com/oxOzOCX.jpg

I know it's a minor issue, but it makes my brain itchy and I can't scratch it.

Edited by thebutthat

Keep in mind that the room where the decorations are getting picked up is where your selected hook is, not where you character is standing. And also, "room" means the room unlocks, not rooms in a physical sense.

Which hook did you have selected when you clicked the "pick up all decorations" button?

Don't want to test it in case I have to redecorate the stronghold, sorry. ;)

I was in one of the small temples you can unlock outside, and i know how the pick up works. it picked EVERYTHING up in every room in the stronghold. Its not supposed to do that

There is a hook that is not working as in it wont bring up the deco window or let you right click on it to place something on it in the basement room. There is two rows of med narrow hooks on the one wall directly across from the statue head as you look at them is it the closest row to the statue head on the end closest to the entrance to the basement room. Also if you log your character out in the SH it says your character is in space on the character select screen, probably related to the chat channel bug.

The hook I mentioned can be clicked on but only not where the vegetation is coming through the hook.

Edited by fragnor
discovered something about the Hook

Yavin stronghold is great, but the entry point near the starship hook isn't very functional. Usually when I enter a stronghold, I immediately need access to my mailbox, cargo hold, legacy hold, GTN and crafting nodes. That means at least one "large" hook close by.

On Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Coruscant and even Nar Shaddaa this hook is available near the entrance. But on Yavin, you arrive near a huge starship hook, and you have to do a long run(or a rocket boost flight) through the forest to the nearest large hook.

While the stronghold is still new and it's not too late to make changes, please, please consider changing it - at least let the character spawn close to the normal hooks.

Intro cinematic is shown every time you enter your own stronghold, it should only be shown once per character to bring it in line with the other strongholds.

Please make this the default and bring the other strongholds in line.

Please make this the default and bring the other strongholds in line.

Hell no. I pop in and out of my stronghold all the time. I don't want to see this a dozen times an evening. :mad:

Sure, make them playable on demand or something, but don't spam me with it whenever I go home.

Hell no. I pop in and out of my stronghold all the time. I don't want to see this a dozen times an evening. :mad:

Sure, make them playable on demand or something, but don't spam me with it whenever I go home.

They could make an option where you can shut it off if you wish that way people who like it can have it and those that don't want it to load every time can shut it off.

Yavin stronghold is great, but the entry point near the starship hook isn't very functional. Usually when I enter a stronghold, I immediately need access to my mailbox, cargo hold, legacy hold, GTN and crafting nodes. That means at least one "large" hook close by.

I totally agree, this is the main drawback of the Yavin 4 stronghold for me. You can still sort of place all the decorations near the entrance: http://i.imgur.com/7cLs6aM.jpg

It's just one hook short, I can't place the gathering decoration there to get crafting mats. But it looks strange to have the GTN terminal on the ledge. Hopefully, they can add another hook nearby.