View Single Post

ForfiniteStories
02.18.2021 , 06:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
That's very interesting..Always nice to see some flesh and meat added to bones when it comes to Piloting business! As fate would allow it, some of the Squadrons you've listed have namesakes that are actual entities in GSF sky of SWTOR.

Here is Iota Squadron, for example Iota had its roots on Progenitor and is now on Darth Malgus..tho maybe hibernating, I'm not sure. Besides Iota, Proge used to have Vermilion Squadron&Red Squadron. All theree were RP communities combining roleplaying and GSF. Red Squadron of 1st Expeditionary Fleet being something of a grandfather of the others; they RPd pilots before GSF was even a thing. I recon each can be found on Malgus now, though hard to say how active they are.

Star Forge has Sabre/Ghost Squadron, which is an ancient Pilot community that has been up and running since mid 00s or thereabouts.

Emperor's Hammer is another pilot community that is still somewhat present on Star Forge. There can't be many older still living Guilds established arond video games, they were founded somewhere around early/mid 90's. It was a guild(or a clan, if you will) that was all about flying the classic XW/Tie fighter games together. Im sure they busy having time of their lives with Squadrons atm.
Thanks for the information on all those player groups.

In regard to Iota Squadron, they were who I was giving a slight nod to when alluding to the "other, many aces." I am not too familiar with them besides the fact that I know at least one of them has a YouTube thing going on with GSF or they at least used to.

I haven't purchased Squadrons yet, but I might come around to doing so sooner or later. The main thing for me is that you are represented by your username rather than your character name, and as you can see, I'm all about my characters. I guess ...I'll just change my username to one of them and only play as them, but that could get boring after a while. Or maybe I'm just being too picky.

I haven't touched most of the older flight sims since I was in High School. I did pick up X-Wing recently and I swear I will try to beat it sometime, but gosh darn, despite all the good things I can say about it, the level design made me hate it (almost.) It's like GSF, but your team mates are useless and you have to fend off half a dozen respawning Manglers by yourself within a tight time limit.

On another note, I do have a character in SWG Legends, but I am not yet aware of any groups that play on it; not that there isn't any, it's just that I haven't done my homework yet. I put together a new computer a while ago and I still have yet to reinstall it. Mind you, I quit playing SWTOR for a while, so my interest dropped.
"Nothing beats an A-wing." - Tallie Lintra, Battlefront II: Starfighter Assault