Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt we 22-30 Juls will get in today. Probably a good 30-40% may have preordered on the 21st itself (crazy buggers).

Cross fingers and hope I'm wrong!

Guildie registered the code on the 22nd and he was in the 2nd wave, so they're done with first day pre-orders. We'll probably make it in today.

Think of it like this, the biggest amount of pre orders were in July.

I think September/October together won't match that.

Soon as the servers are stable and they got the rest of the servers up they should speed up the invites.

Though personally I wouldn't get my hopes up before 15 December if you ordered late.

I can't believe how big of cowards and complete wusses Bioware is being. Are they really THAT scared there servers will crash? With 100 up already? I mean jesus christ, look at Rifts launch.

Rifts early game access launched, and almost immediately, 1,000,000 people were trying to log in all at once. To counter this, Rift started cramming out new servers fast to adequately deal with all of these people. Hey, things leveled out, everything worked, and no server crashes (that i remember, its been a while, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't). Then they offered free server xfers once a week later on so that friends who didnt get to roll on the same servers got a chance to hook back up. It all worked out swimmingly, and they are still pretty successful.

Enter you, Bioware, who, with your extremely shoddy management and poorly advertised "Early Game Access", have pretty much tripped over a branch whilst trying to walk down the path of MMOs, instead of trying to start with a jog. Hell, you already have a leg up on Rift with 50 US and 50 EU servers ready to roll, with the capability of making more.

And then you thank us for patience and "helping you warm-up the servers"? I'm pretty sure we did that already with that beta weekend. Please proceed to grow a pair and actually let us into the game. We have waited long enough.

Most people will be in by the 15th I'm guessing. Anyway, I don't understand why people are so worked up about this. No sleep, skip work or school? You realize that when you steam through the game you will be max level with barely anyone around. So it has been for years, and it will be for many more.

Sure it's a bit dickish to not have a specific schedule planned out and displayed for customers on when they can get in, but if you are pulling your hair out because of it then you have a poblem.

I don't really care when I will get access at this point. I just want a darn ETA. They should go ahead and send mails out to everyone giving date and time, so people can go on with their lives and not feel the need to check all the time wondering "is it now?" ..."what about now?".

Disappointment is only going to build for those who won't get in today, or tomorrow, especially if they are given no general ETA of when to start checking their mails and they're so eager to play that they check every hour. No matter how successful the launch is, the experience for many will be soured by this lack of information.

I'll ask here as well, have you taken into consideration the screw up with Game UK who didn't start sending out the Early Access codes until the 26th, despite ordering on the 21st?

They haven't. I asked Stephen this on Twitter the other day...

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@

@niijonodhg Afraid not, but at the volume we're planning it should not make a huge difference. We have to be fair to all.

I see my posting of:

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

Resulting in people doing EXACTLY what would be expected when dates are posted. They whine like children that its not right because X and Y got in and the E-Mail nitpicking.

This is why BW will not post dates for consumption with a community made up of fools.

What this (successfull) release proves is that whiners will always be. This is not RELEASE DAY per se. You have been granted an opportunity to POTENTIALLY play the game earlier than RELEASE. Appreciate this, but do not act out childishly if you don't get in immediatly. Nowhere did they promise that everyone who pre-ordered on date X would get in immediatly.

By far the best MMO release I have witnessed. I am watching several people stream swtor, and they are able to play without problems. Good work so far :)

AMEN!!!

The Bioware crew have done a great favor to us by allowing us early access (sure that's common practice but not a requirement). So grow up, stop whining and let things settle in. Come Dec x you'll be playing anyway.

regardless of "when" someone pre-ordered thier game should have absolutely no bearing at all. There was never any mention of this when we all bought the game. So the $100 I spent on pre-ordering the "CE" now grants me a day, or two, or perhapse three, or four days less of early game play than anyone else?

Why?

Because you want to "Ramp up your servers slowly"??

I call "BS"... how many years have you guys had to make sure you had enough hampsters in your servers to make a smooth launch?

Also.... this is just the early access customers trying to log in Bioware....

What the heck are you gonna do on the actual official game launch day when the disc's hit the stores? Tell them they can install the game, but we will let you all log in one week at a time?

Seriously disappointed Bioware.... I mean.... really.... wow.... what a let down this whole "early access" thing has turned out to be.