Welcome to Phase 3 PTS

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Welcome to the final Phase of Onslaught PTS! The main focus is the phase is specifically around balance testing. The biggest thing we want to understand is the impact of mixing and matching sets and tacticals. To help in that, here is how you can acquire gear:

• The "boost" terminals which are present on Odessen now also grant tech fragments.
  • We have added those terminals next to fragment vendors on both fleets (to save some walking).

Here is where we will want you to do balance testing:

• Warzones (ranked and unranked)
  • Operations (any difficulty)
  • Flashpoints (any difficulty)
  • World content (missions, heroics, chapters)

There will be separate threads for each content type to give feedback, so please head to them. Additionally we will setup specified playtimes for group content over the weekend to ensure numbers in group finder.

PTS Rewards

You can now earn progress towards the second PTS Achievement. Reminder that completing both the Phase 2 and 3 achievements is required for the Kai Zykken Log Mount. If you did not complete the Phase 2 Achievement, we will count progress towards that now in Phase 3 as well. The current intention is that Phase 3 of PTS will run until the end of next week so make sure to get your achievements completed by then!

Thanks all.

-eric

Edited by DanielSteed

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick heads up, deconstruction for any item is bugged and is not working.

Also the random mods from the RNG vendor are still dropping mods for the wrong spec (so tank armorings, mods, enchancements) as a DPS spec. And like before the drop seems to be around 50% wrong items.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Hey folks,

Welcome to the final Phase of Onslaught PTS! The main focus is the phase is specifically around balance testing. The biggest thing we want to understand is the impact of mixing and matching sets and tacticals. To help in that, here is how you can acquire gear:

• The "boost" terminals which are present on Odessen now also grant tech fragments.
  • We have added those terminals next to fragment vendors on both fleets (to save some walking).

Here is where we will want you to do balance testing:

• Warzones (ranked and unranked)
  • Operations (any difficulty)
  • World content (missions, heroics, chapters)

Do not focus on Flashpoints at this time, we are working on making large balance updates to them which will come in with the next PTS build. These changes are based on feedback from the current state of PTS. Head to Operations for a preview of some of the changes (scaling to 70 instead of very low levels, etc).

There will be separate threads for each content type to give feedback, so please head to them. Additionally we will setup specified playtimes for group content over the weekend to ensure numbers in group finder.

PTS Rewards

You can now earn progress towards the second PTS Achievement. Reminder that completing both the Phase 2 and 3 achievements is required for the Kai Zykken Log Mount. If you did not complete the Phase 2 Achievement, we will count progress towards that now in Phase 3 as well. The current intention is that Phase 3 of PTS will run until the end of next week so make sure to get your achievements completed by then!

Thanks all.

-eric

Eric, is there a separate thread for the World Content, or do you just want that posted in this thread? Assuming the rewards aren't final other, just testing balance for World Content?

Edited by ZeridanShear

• Dev Post
Eric, is there a separate thread for the World Content, or do you just want that posted in this thread? Assuming the rewards aren't final other, just testing balance for World Content?

Forgot to move it over, 2 minutes and I will get that up. Thanks for catching that!

-eric

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

So, a bit of bad news. It was discovered that players were able to access Corellia on PTS. Since this is the story finale of the expansion we don't feel comfortable leaving it accessible and so we are keeping PTS down until we can get a new patch to remove that access. We are aiming for a build tomorrow, so we'll report back and let you know the status of that.

Sorry for the missed time in Phase 3! We'll get it back up as fast as we can.

-eric

I wondered why the PTS dropped off line suddenly.

In the meantime, I have a question: How are we supposed to test balance on the PTS when a significant portion of the gear is inaccessible, namely grade 11 augments, and to a lesser extent stims, adrenals, and medpacs? Or, did i miss spotting a new freebie vendor before the PTS went down?

If we stick with level 70 content, then Level Synch should "debolsterize" stats to the point where the 228 augments are slightly better than the level 73 augments, so I suppose we can just use those. And grade 10 stims and adrenals are almost as good as grade 11s so we should be able to use the grade 10s as a substitute.

Otherwise, I think testing any level 75 content for balance will be skewed at best.

Hey folks,

So, a bit of bad news. It was discovered that players were able to access Corellia on PTS. Since this is the story finale of the expansion we don't feel comfortable leaving it accessible and so we are keeping PTS down until we can get a new patch to remove that access. We are aiming for a build tomorrow, so we'll report back and let you know the status of that.

-eric

Man .. I know that has to be rough on the team !!

It's cool though ! I'll get back to working on a 4 ft. H x 10 ft. W hand carved wood mural. I've just finished phase two on both of the 6 ft. trees .. Now I can paint them while waiting on PTS to come back up !!

Yeah.. It's a land scape scene on the edge of the water with a 25lb (scale replica ) of a LMB World record … busting the top of the water. Probably another 2 - 3 months to go before completion ! But several items are finally starting to shape up !!

BACK on topic: Looking forward to testing at least some of the items you have requested.

Hang in there !!!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Hey folks,

-eric

Haha :D all good man.

Just hurry up, my sub is running out on Saturday lol. ( crazy, i know)

Just a quick heads up, deconstruction for any item is bugged and is not working.

Also the random mods from the RNG vendor are still dropping mods for the wrong spec (so tank armorings, mods, enchancements) as a DPS spec. And like before the drop seems to be around 50% wrong items.

Eric, in my opionion the overall difficulties is increased in wide parts, specially in heroics compared with a nerf of the companions, this is not the right way.

I think there is a greater number of Solo / Story / conquest players than hardcore raiders, so adjust the game not to a minority which is load crying for more difficulty, balance the game for the mayority of players which are still paying there subscriptions and which are not the loudest in the forums.

Edited by Master_Morak

Eric, in my opionion the overall difficulties is increased in wide parts, specially in heroics compared with a nerf of the companions, this is not the right way.

I think there is a greater number of Solo / Story / conquest players than hardcore raiders, so adjust the game not to a minority which is load crying for more difficulty, balance the game for the mayority of players which are still paying there subscriptions and which are not the loudest in the forums.

Additional: Who might not be even aware that the PTS is open because they don't even follow the homepage and/or social media. Or they simply don't care and wait until 6.0 drops.

Edited by Minzurion

the game needed more difficulty, it was a joke.. you could literally let your companion do all the work and go afk. :cool:

I am not sure that the difficulty has really risen. Other than the slight change to how the Comps heal, and I really don't think it is a nerf as much as a delayed start, I have have not seen much difference in how quickly i play through the lower levels. I can't just bounce into 7-8 mobs anymore because the comp takes a little longer to hit that first heal, but i can pull one, and then pull 6-7 more after the first heal is off, and not see any difference.

We will see if any other adjustments have been made once it is back on though.

Hey folks,

-eric

So what's happening? Is the PTS coming back up today? :)

Uh, no thanks. I wish they would make solo content much harder. Your companion can literally do everything for you right now.