Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

Originally Posted by Kwich

Dear Mr. Reid,

Sorry you should go into politics.

Saying nothing with so many words.

I can not understand why you can´t write an email saying "Kwich" you are on position 54.312 on the preorderlist.

The plan is:

Wave 1 at 1 Pm GMT (first 10.000 players)

Wave 2 planned at 2:30 pm GMT (next 10.000 players)

etc.

Then I could at least get an estimate when the earliest time would be I can go in.

I have wasted already 3 hrs of my life refreshing the client, twitter and my email account.

Have you ever waited on the telephone? This is worse! I can hear my guildmates chatting on TS which makes everything even "better".

Everything I could circumwent if I knew when to expect I could join.

VERY, very, disappointing.

Br,

Kwich

<3 that

Edited by Rukia-

I think people are getting nuts and the f5 key around the world has been used 3458838291939569324999 times since 7am EST

Im one of those getting nuts , i preodred 12 agust and was sure i was in the first wave , but im an optemist,

Wow I gave these people my money early for a whole day?

**** everything about this.

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.

Who the **** cares when you gave them your money! You would anyways pay for the game the 20th. So pointless *********** stupid raging, ****

No @that guy with the CE pre-orders getting in earlier for early access question. If anything, ordering CE results in you being screwed from playing on launch day due to the cancellation of grace period without verification that retailers were on the same game-plan as EA who is now pretending like nothing is their fault while the vast majority retailers aren't shipping until the 20th.

Wow I gave these people my money early for a whole day?

**** everything about this.

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.

So you wouldnt of payed that cash anyways? Stop being a kid. If you really wanted

to have good early access you would of registered as early as the real fans.

Get over it!

I don't really care when I will get access at this point. I just want a darn ETA. They should go ahead and send mails out to everyone giving date and time, so people can go on with their lives and not feel the need to check all the time wondering "is it now?" ..."what about now?".

Disappointment is only going to build for those who won't get in today, or tomorrow, especially if they are given no general ETA of when to start checking their mails and they're so eager to play that they check every hour. No matter how successful the launch is, the experience for many will be soured by this lack of information.

I'm in complete agreement with the above. Granted I'm going to grumble if I can't get in until tomorrow, but I can at least stop obsessively checking my e-mail. Its a game I realize this, its not the "I NEED TO PLAY RIGHT NOW" its the "what if I could be playing right now? better check my e-mail" thats going to kill me before the day is out.

Thanks for the bluepost, but it doesn't fully alleviate this OCD need to keep refreshing my e-mail, my guild page, and the facebook SWTOR page.

Also, I'm highly disinclined to believe that if Bioware is saying that its based on when we redeemed our codes that the people claiming to have redeemed earlier this month and are getting in are telling the truth. Trolls troll, don't feed them.

Edited by Mnkybttr

Typical, i buy my CE the second its announced but because of Game not sending out the codes for a week after i get screwed over. Happy to take my money though im sure.

Why didnt bioware work harder to ensure these codes were distributed faster?

Nope, guildie is in who registered on 7/22. If you registered before that, check your launcher, don't wait for the e-mail.

Well, I do belive you then . . . BioWare screwed up again . . . Big *********** surprise .

07.22.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order - NO email, and a launcher button is dead . . .

You friend just got lucky, because BW is incompetent . . .

Patience is a virtue.

As they have stated when pre order first came out there was a mass purchase and redemption and then it died off so let them get through the major influx and then I wouldn't be surprised if the quieter months say August - november goes alot quicker before another influx in the last few days.

just my two cents.

the moral of the story have a little patience, you rather join a smooth running server than one thats going down every few minutes due to over population!

These are just the pre orders from physical pre orders, not digital.

I can't imagine how many pre orders where made in the first hours when it was released. People where pre ordering it per digital more than physical in the first time.

While this may be true, I'd still expect the overall volume to remain consistent which shows that day one orders were not THAT high.

I feel that ' code redemption' in an unfortunate pre-requisite. I pre-ordered in July, I have been religiously listening to pod casts but apparently will not be playing until the last because I only redeemed my code yesterday. Oh, well. I suppose it probably is the fairest way to go about it, but it just leaves all of us clueless folks out in the cold. :(

HERE'S HOW MUCH EARLY ACCESS TIME YOU WILL GET!

People redeeming there code bewteen:

July-August: 7 days

August-Septemper: 6 days

September-October: 5 days

October-November: 4 days

November-December: 3 days

December 1-5: 2 days

December 5-10: 1 day

Haha, the funny thing about the homepage is that it still says if you pre-order now you can still get up to 5 days of EGA! So you are saying if I pre-order now I get to play 0 days? Good stuff!

Originally Posted by Gunlaugr

What this (successfull) release proves is that whiners will always be. This is not RELEASE DAY per se. You have been granted an opportunity to POTENTIALLY play the game earlier than RELEASE. Appreciate this, but do not act out childishly if you don't get in immediatly. Nowhere did they promise that everyone who pre-ordered on date X would get in immediatly.

By far the best MMO release I have witnessed. I am watching several people stream swtor, and they are able to play without problems. Good work so far

i can wait to the 15th, but any later than that i will be a little bit pissed, i mean i only got this pre-order so i can get early access, if im not gonna get that why would i even bother pre-ordering in the first place

the way it should work is that if they POTENTIALLY want to give me access the i should POTENTIALLY not have to pay a penny until i have that access, but they already got my money