Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bane-Ragnos, I was going to direct you to a thread on the toggle options, but sadly it has been closed again, and re-directed to the Same Gender [Flirt] Prompt thread

Actually it refers to here, toggle discussion is not within the topic of the [Flirt] prompt thread as I read it, however this one discusses implementation so it could be argued that it does.

The best thing to do is just refer people back to that thread and ask them to read through it and then after that if they still feel they have something constructive to add to the discussion to post it here. The arguing will never stop otherwise.

Actually it refers to here, toggle discussion is not within the topic of the [Flirt] prompt thread as I read it, however this one discusses implementation so it could be argued that it does.

The best thing to do is just refer people back to that thread and ask them to read through it and then after that if they still feel they have something constructive to add to the discussion to post it here. The arguing will never stop otherwise.

Technically as the toggle would apply to companion flirts AND NPC flirts it could be argued as being legitimately on topic for either thread.

Yes that thread has been closed, but there was another up not too long ago, made today I believe, that I was hoping would stay open for their discussion on the toggle. I'll try to remember to link the first thread though :)

Technically as the toggle would apply to companion flirts AND NPC flirts it could be argued as being legitimately on topic for either thread.

Yes, but that thread is not so much questioning the implementation as a request to have them put into the game(again, as I read it). This thread is far more relevant for the topic, and we should strive to not let these things spread out too far(not because we don't want others to know, but because it only causes more confusion as to what points have been argued at length and which haven't).

Back in before the redirect?

Anyways, back on the topic of companion gifts such as puppies/kittens/tauntauns/poisonous plants/flowers/weird stuff you picked up off the side of the road... I think this would be an awesome addition/way to implement all romances. For that matter, make it so there's maybe romance versions and non-romance ones? Like, there's two puppies I can buy that are identical except one has a romance tag and one doesn't. So I can buy the romance-tagged one for a companion I'm trying to romance, but if, say, my smuggler just wants to get Bowdaar a gift (because Bowie is awesome) then I could get the non-romance one to give to him.

In the case of hero-sexuality, personally I prefer the companions don't react based on gender. As in the ME games (and from what I gather, the DA games), it doesn't matter whether you're DudeShep or FemShep, people react to you as Commander Shepard and your exploits are what matter, not "oh, you're a girl" or "oh, you're a boy." I think the companions should react the same way. After all, no one else in the galaxy treats you differently because you happen to be a female commanding Havoc Squad versus a guy commanding it. It, imo, feels more equal if your gender has less to do with it than your character's personality and deeds.

I'm not even going to touch the toggle argument again...

Edited by Lurkz

Wow, I'm gone a few hours and now there's 10 pages of flames over the toggle, though I think it's died down somewhat now...

In the future, I recommend referring anyone trying to bring it up to the locked thread(here) and the thread on a toggle for all flirt prompts(here). Kindly ask them to read through those and as well as pages 80-100 of this thread and if they feel they still have something *constructive* to add to the discussion to post it then, and only then(again be kind though). If they refuse to listen then just don't respond to them...

These threads are getting mucked up in cyclical arguments that wont end any other way, we don't want them locked.

The issue of HOW to implement this system is in question with this thread.

The toggle is a viable solution as to how to implement it.

I would love to see the toggle for this, and all romancing.

I'd rather a companions romance is triggered or not by the actions your toon have taken, instead of responding to or just to 'gifts'.

In this, it could be your light/dark side rating, but even that is a bit blah. I'd much rather they responding directly to the story options and how you have responded to them.

/simplistic but story driven

Companion 1

I can't believe you saved the settlers on planet X. My best friend lives there. I want you right now..

Companion 2

You should have let those people all die on Planet X. They treated me like a second class citizen. Don't ever even think about touching me and you know what you can do with that 'gift' right?

Companions are supposed to have back story, with their own wants and desires. They do, which is why we get +- affection with them when they are with us. When it comes to the romance side of things none of that 'back story' counts, none of our story choices count. I don't think that is 'enough'.