Maintenance: June 30, 2020

CommunityTeam

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We better get some sort of compensation for this.

Nonsense. The SLA for *any* MMORPG is best summarised as, "We'll kinda give it a go, but if we can't, meh."

That said, some do better than others, ranging from GW2 where they can and do deploy patches without taking the servers down(1) all the way down to religiously-scheduled weekly downtime and the like.

(1) If you're in-game, you get a notification that there's a new build, and a two-hour timer. If you log off during that time, the game bounces out to the launcher and pulls down the patch, then lets you back in. If you don't, you're forcibly logged off at the end of the two hours, and the game bounces out to the launcher blah blah blah.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric

all ours characters have been deleted ...
That's not even remotely funny!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

But it would not be a surprise...

It was a major issue that required immediate shutdown as people were spamming reputation items to max rep.

The only reason they ever do an emergency server shut down & immediately fix something is the for a very beneficial exploit which they can't undo for those who already benefited. The only thing they can do is shut it down before the rest of us know about it. It's probably something far more beneficial then rep - a lot of us are already max rep with everyone.

Edited by Sarova

Sorry to crush your hopes, but its literally not possible that the game is responsible.

Most likely a defective component.

Everything is possible. At my work they pushed a software patch that bricked all the computers.

Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric

As quickly as this was taken care of, it makes me think you guys aren't even working on other bug fixes at all...

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

And what happened to the people who abused it, did they walk away , laughing up their sleeves at the rest of us?

• Dev Post
And what happened to the people who abused it, did they walk away , laughing up their sleeves at the rest of us?

I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric

So I am guessing the female bug hasn't been fixed. Great no playing for me for awhile.

-eric

Hate to throw another question at you, but was it intentional to have no small yield planet this week, or was it a bug?

NVM, saw the answer in the other thread, ty.

Edited by DarkTergon

well, that is highly likely not to make the close of the last sprint. So his point is probably right.

Considering that was a day after maintenance last week since maintenance was on Wednesday last week instead of Tuesday and plus they responded on the 26th if you noticed on the page, but whatever. With everything they have done with that bug, the log on bug and other items they just don't seem to want people to play.

Edited by casirabit

I have played since closed beta and been a subscriber since launch, and I cannot play my characters due to your QUICK PLAY MODE bug since the 6.1.2 update a week ago.

This is shameful support....

UPDATE: Even better, my ticket 38121618 (referencing ticket 38118742) has been closed and all of the text deleted or blacked out.

Edited by AaChuba