Playing as a female character

AussieAlan

Thought this was good thread, to add some comments too::)

I Play many games as A female, The difference with what I seen in posts here, that guys prefer the actual attire & voices in SWTOR. But , in my case, I am, or used to be when younger a Trannie, So for many years, Shopping real life for female clothes, was always a very enjoyable part of the Life style.:cool:

I Play my display name TaylorNova on an other EA game online, and I play him as a guy, namely after Taylor from Terra Nova. In Sec. Life was always a female for 5 years I was in it, and been in charge of combat groups within the urban combat community.

I think, that as long as you are honest, and don't get to a point where I did , many years ago, when I fell in love with another female in the old text type games of old, There is no harm in it, and certainly brings many peoples real life tendencies out playing this game. But imagine, me and this girls shock and sadness, (which my Wife did warn me about) When, One day, my love, who lived in Texas, said "I have something to tell you, because its eating away at me." My heart sank, because I almost knew what she was going to say. he took a long time, to finally get it out, but he said I am not The girl whom we had shared many comments, in game and in private chat.

He still thought I was a real girl too, so it was only appropriate that I tell him, "I'm Sorry, for I, To am a feminine guy, and have had troubled thoughts on misleading you. Obviously after 3-6 months of being so close, it actually came to hammer blow to us both, because we did care about each other, and often would stand up for each other, or help in different ways. Of course my Wife, who knows all about me, and has no problem with my orientation, "See! I told you so,Now you both Hurt, by making a false relationship."

She was indeed right, we were both gutted, to say the least, but learn't a valuable lesson. Nowadays in certain situations, I always tell someone if I get close to them , I am not real female. Surprisingly, being more prevalent in MMORG'S than ever, many player's Accept that fact, some even thanking me for my honesty.

Bottom line is I play all my Alice Clones from res Evil, as her, because Im a huge fan of Mila, and I want to kick , the baddies ***, But I also want to show the other side of Alice, who wants to help , even if it costs her ,her very life. I enjoy , being a female trooper, confronting male and female enemies, plus interacting with my companions makes my Star Wars Story A truly inspirational experience. So far, I don't get interactivity with real players, Im not in a guild, and im hopeless doing group missions, except in warzones, where Im trying to get as good as I was in WoW, I find a rather imbalanced feel to the warzones, with players, same lvl as me, defeating me with 1850 damage. Im armored to the teeth , as far my knowledge, and galactic buys to upgrade will let me. Modifications, Im still in the dark, really And dont really want to get involved with that, I make items using mechtech and Svavenging, Buts thats the limit of my technolgy knowledge at this time.

Hope this comment is useful to the thread.

"Have A safe and pleasant Stay!";)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story, and brave after reading some of the same sex romance comments I have seen from the cavemen on this forum.

I have noticed most of my toons look the same, freckles and the pony tail with front side bangs, I wish they had Satele's hair.

I mostly went with female for looks, the guys are either military or football hair cuts, its kind of funny you can be a fat guy but not have long hair

I did recently get some off comments about the shape of their backsides.

When I play a RPG where you can play as male and female and they're voiced I like to play as both at least once, but I have not played an MMO before this.

How do you guys find playing as a female character?.

Do you get bugged allot by idiots?.

I play male and female characters in all my RPG, OP. No one bugs me about it. It's your game, play it any way you want. :)

I mostly play female characters. I have some male toons that I roleplay in my mind when playing.

I absolutely love the male SW voice so I just had to roll one.

On all my female characters I never got talked to just because it was female. Recently, I was having a bad day in Directive 7 HM (got stuck several times and slowed them down in the beginning), but they were all kind and patient. Maybe they would have behaved differently if I was male but I don't really think so.

My sorcerer has been wearing the top of the security key vendor but has never been talked to in a negative way. Only got asked once what outfit she was wearing.

In another game I used to play I was talked to so often when wearing prettier outfits so this is quite nice.

We mmo-folks know that 90% of all the female-characters are actually dudes, so no special treatment there.

I personally can´t get myself to play a female character (being a guy myself), but I see the point of the voice over.

/edit

oh, and most guys playing females choose ridiculous names like booberella, so they are easily spotted as drag-queens....did i say that loud? I´m sorry :o

Edited by Uvirith

/edit

oh, and most guys playing females choose ridiculous names like booberella, so they are easily spotted as drag-queens....did i say that loud? I´m sorry :o

Real Drag Queens would have more flair than that - don't confuse the fierce ladies for those types of men.

Forgot to mention something:

I recently grouped for hk parts with two members of my character's guild.

I hadn't known them before. We talked to each other over ts. One guy and one girl. The characters were male and female as well. I was confused before I figured out the male character belonged to the girl and the female to the guy.

And even after figuring it out my mind was still trying to relate the female voice to the female character and the male voice to the male character. Can be really confusing at times.

Nevertheless, everyone should choose the gender he enjoys playing more.

Nevertheless, everyone should choose the gender s/he enjoys playing more.

I had a guildie who was like you :D Back when my husband still raided regularly, he did so on his lady Twi'lek and I was healing on my Agent chap. Most of the other characters in the raid were also male, but all played by men as well.

Our poor tank friend couldn't wrap his head around why someone would play a character that wasn't the same gender as them. Of course, he couldn't quite grasp the irony of this when he was also playing a Rattataki Powertech :rolleyes:

Edited by Tatile

I had a guildie who was like you :D Back when my husband still raided regularly, he did so on his lady Twi'lek and I was healing on my Agent chap. Most of the other characters in the raid were also male, but all played by men as well.

Our poor tank friend couldn't wrap his head around why someone would play a character that wasn't the same gender as them. Of course, he couldn't quite grasp the irony of this when he was also playing a Rattataki Powertech :rolleyes:

I must admit I am not sure which of them you relate me to.

I'm sorry :( could you please clarify for me?

I must admit I am not sure which of them you relate me to.

I'm sorry :( could you please clarify for me?

Our Rattataki Powertech - it's not exact, but he was confused why I wasn't the lady Twi'lek and my husband wasn't the manly-manly Agent :p

Our Rattataki Powertech - it's not exact, but he was confused why I wasn't the lady Twi'lek and my husband wasn't the manly-manly Agent :p

Ah thanks^.^

Well, I have some male characters as well but more female ones.

But be patient with us, our minds are just so used to connecting female voices with female characters and the other way round ;)

But yeah I get the irony of it :D

In most games more than half the characters are female, and more than half the players are male. Other than the very rare idiot, people know this and generally do not assume that a female toon means a female player is at the keyboard. Four out of my 12 characters are female, and I've never had anyone randomly /whisper'ing any of them or asking "are you a girl IRL?" so far.

These days, the "extra attention" that used to be directed toward female characters now goes mainly to female players who dare to venture onto voice chat, where their real life gender becomes apparent.

I play only-female characters and I did not get anything more than a occasional /kiss towards me. And even that is very rare. So yeah, zero negative experiences.

I mean, people know girls in this game are as rare as Krayt dragons on Tattoine. But then again, there are some, and my guild is planning an all female (RL, not toon) operation as we speak. We have 7 so far, just one more, just one more. :)

Edited by Bastila-chan

I resent that, I spent 2 hours last weekend trying to get a normal name for my toon, only 2 of my toons do not have normal names, one being Nari'ko from Heavenly sword the other being Fi'ves, after CT5555.

I am surprised this thread to go on as much as it has, thought it would have had 1 or 2 comments at most.

I tend to play female characters, especially if they have hot accents, but i never really get bothered by other players, i got bothered on wow, where this stupid kid was asking if i had a boyfriend....i was like 'oh my god, what a loser' i didn't type it, but you know what i mean.

I know some couples meet in an mmo, i wouldn't be against it if i met someone nice in this game or any other mmo i have played, i just don't play them to find anyone.

I mostly play female characters. I have some male toons that I roleplay in my mind when playing.

I absolutely love the male SW voice so I just had to roll one.

I have similar reasons for rolling up a female smuggler character.

:D

I'm a woman, and I play both male and female characters. I like to roleplay each of them in my head so I don't think of any of them as me. I have an even mix of male characters and female characters. I like to experience the different stories from different perspectives so I like making interesting combos of race and gender. :)

ETA: It's interesting to note that most of my male characters are Pubs and most of my female characters are Imps.

Edited by LostInReverie

• 8 years later...

My mains are an assassin and a guardian, both male like me. I have an alt of about every other class. genders are split down the middle pretty much.

Mine are based on what i imagine the character to be like when i create them.

Like my sniper is a chick bc i imagined her to be oren ishii age 17 sniper mode from kill bill

My mara is a mean looking dude name gruesome.

My girl characters are hot looking, but im always in discord

I dont recall being flirted with

Like my sniper is a chick bc i imagined her to be oren ishii age 17 sniper mode from kill bill

It's your character, so you can imagine it any way you like, of course, but it's pretty clear that in the story lore, the beginning Agent is a good-sized chunk older than 17, easily as old as 25.

I dont recall being flirted with

Lucky you. I recall on one occasion one of my ... incompletely dressed, let's say(1), females was questing on Quesh, and someone decided it would be fun to jump around like a doofus and follow me saying junk like "sexy" and so on in chat. I switched from the Darth Andeddu set (helmet hidden) to the Synthetic Biofber armour set, and he quickly got bored and went away.

(1) Not exactly at the level of wearing more eyeliner than clothes, but not far from it. The Darth Anddedu set is pretty skimpy.

i pretty much exclusively play girls, and am running a bit of an experiment with my Zabrak Sith Warrior to see how much random unasked for flirtations happen in this game in particular, as i've set her outfit to be the imperial dancer outfit (without the ridiculous hat). so far, nothing of note even running through the Imperial Fleet trying to remember where the heck the shops are.