Level 50 companions failing gathering missions

ParkisMaximus

So one of the reasons I spend the time and resources getting my companions to 50 is for gathering and crafting. It takes time and a lot of effort. Why is my level 50 companion failing gathering missions? This shouldn't happen at max affection.

They reduced the success rate of all companions, in the hope that we would spend Credits to get the Amplifiers for each crew skill. I ignore them, and just enjoy the Jawa scrap any failure gives out.

slight correcntion to the above...

6.0 RAISED the failure rate by 5% across the board, and later reduced it again for grey difficulty. companion level has absolutely no effect on failure rates, only crit.

AFAIK the current failure rates are

15% Orange

10% Yellow

6% Green

?? Grey

I'm pretty certain of these values, based on the rare failures of orange missions at max amplifiers (+13.5% Success)

these are based on the old rates of

10% Orange

5% Yellow

1% Green

0% Grey

PS

Failure rate is a separate stat that only applies to crew skill missions, and is rolled first as a pass/fail check, BEFORE rolling for crit / success.

• Rolls For Failure
  • IF Fail, give failure rewards (nothing / jawa junk)
  • IF Pass give basic rewards, Roll for Crit
  • IF Crit, add Crit Rewards

As you can see from the above, there is no roll for crit if you hit a failure, and even if you somehow had 100%+ crit, you could still fail. So, if you ever try to calculate whether you crit rate matches what is expected, remeber to throw out all failures or you will get a value lower than expected.