*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas

EricMusco

Let me know when they have interrupt immunity on Full Auto, root on Concussive Charge, 60-second base cooldown on Tech Override and Reserve Powercell, free High Impact Bolt again, self-healing Hammer Shots, Trauma Probes on multiple people, no Frontline Medic talent and a proper defensive cooldown instead of Adrenaline Rush.

In other words, when they're properly balanced.

Anything else you want to add? How about full CC immunity on tech override. Or tracer missile no longer being a casted ability. Oh I know 60 second cooldown on electronet. Maybe koltol missiles AoE heal should be buffed by 100%...no 300%...Also it should be free. TM should apply all 5 stacks of tracer lock with one use, not 3.

I think we're onto something.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything else you want to add? How about full CC immunity on tech override. Or tracer missile no longer being a casted ability. Oh I know 60 second cooldown on electronet. Maybe koltol missiles AoE heal should be buffed by 100%...no 300%...Also it should be free. TM should apply all 5 stacks of tracer lock with one use, not 3.

I think we're onto something.

Indeed we're onto how clueless you are about class balancing if you think that Commandos and Mercs are fine in their current state.

Most classes have interrupt immunity on their main channeled damage attack (Guardian/Sentinel Master Strike, Vanguard/Powertech Flame Thrower/Pulse Cannon). With the exception of TK/Lightning, the rest of the specs deal instant, uninterruptible or long-term but equally uninterruptible DoT damage. Snipers and Gunslingers are completely uninterruptible. How is it a bad thing to ask for immunity on the main damage attack, Full Auto? One player can completely shut down a DPS Commando.

Both Snipers AND Sages have a root effect on their knockbacks. Snipers have two roots in fact with Leg Shot. Two knockbacks with Ambush. Commandos don't have a root on their AoE knockback. Again how is it balanced in any way, shape or form?

Free High Impact Bolt was taken from Gunnery in 2.0, nearly completely wrecking the sustainability of the resources. It now relies very heavily on unreliable RNG procs, something that neither Snipers nor Sages suffer from. In fact, Snipers don't have any random procs, only fixed procs. RNG is NEVER an issue for them. Again, how is this balanced?

Both Sages and Scoundrels can use their basic heals on themselves. Diagnostic scan even restores energy, which is why it's so gosh darn good when you go under 60%. The devs themselves admitted that it made no sense that two abilities of the same types did not have the same effect. I'm only asking for the basic heal to be usable on yourself, but it's too much to ask right? And Frontline Medic, a talent which requires you to shoot the enemy to heal your allies.

It's a very well thought-out talent that everyone loves.

If Sages/Sorcs can maintain Force Armor on however many people they want, if Scoundrels can maintain Slow Release Medpack on however many people want, God forbing allowing Commandos to have HoTs on multiple people. It wouldn't be balanced.

Adrenaline Rush serves the same purpose as Force Barrier. It is supposed to delay your death by keeping you outside finisher range. Only it doesn't. It heals for a set number and higher damage will simply go through and kill you while Adrenaline Rush is active. It is essentially a very weak version of the Sage cooldown.

Operatives can roll, Dodge and put either themselves or the entire group in stealth. Sages can Force Speed and pull friendly players, they also have instant self-heals. They can both put out DoTs while healing, just like a Commando. Oh wait, a Commando does not have ANY dots (unless you count Plasma Grenade every 45 secs that drains half your ammo.) But no worries, they have team utility.....oh wait....they have no team utility whatsoever.

But they're fine anyway, even though, they slower, have less defense, no utility, less damage and less healing than Scoundrels and Sages. And if one DPS can immediately shut them down because they have no immunity whatsoever on their channeled attacks (and they channel or cast the vast majority)? They just need to L2P I'm sure.

FYI: Tech Override is instant. I don't know why you would want interrupt protection for that, unless you're confusing it with Hydraulic Overrides.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

Hey everyone,

We have discovered that there is a major issue with how ratings are being awarded in Ranked matches currently. This bug can cause some very serious "rating inflation" to happen. Basically, if we started Season One with this bug in place it could become near impossible for teams who get a late start to catch up.

-eric

This "bug" was in game since patch 1.3 ie when Ranked Warzones started. Good thing that you finally noticed.

Edited by GNWP

Hey everyone,

The last time we talked about Season One, we said that it was targeted to begin on Tuesday, October 29th. Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the start of Season One.

I know that this is the absolute last thing any PvP players will want to hear, but we have good reason. We have discovered that there is a major issue with how ratings are being awarded in Ranked matches currently. This bug can cause some very serious "rating inflation" to happen. Basically, if we started Season One with this bug in place it could become near impossible for teams who get a late start to catch up.

Simply put, we couldn't begin Season One with such a nasty bug in place and because of that, we are delaying its launch until we can get it resolved. The team’s new target date is November 12th. Like all dates we announce in advance they are subject to change if we find a show stopper issue late in the development cycle.

Thank you all for your patience. We are just as eager to get Season One started as you are but we want to make sure it is done right!

-eric

What a shock, not. Rofl. Typical Bioware behavior at this point. Pretty sure we've been "patient" since about 2012 for Season 1 of pvp to start.

Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the start of Season One.

I know that this is the absolute last thing any PvP players will want to hear, but we have good reason.

8/10!

I *know* Season One is just a troll meme but you guys still get me with it every time! :rak_09:

Does Season 1 still include cross server ques as stated before?

See- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=692233

Where did all these features end up? Its been over a year and we dont even have 8v8 ranked anymore, let alone one of these feature coming in 1.2.

This is pretty embarrissing bioware. Im actually disheartened by reading this again. Id forgotten what 1.2 was supposed to be.

I remember the announcement saying they werent coming, and then they didnt come until 1.5, and at a reduced feature count. I think all we got was the seperate queue, and.... if i recall its the same ranking system the arena's use. So if there was a bug in the ranking system, it would be from right back when 8v8 was released.

Edited by Yndras

This is starting to sound very familiar. Remember when SOE put in the Jedi Ranking System in SWG? And then it was buggy as hell, so they took it out saying they would put it back in once they get all the bugs fixed. They kept delaying and delaying until finally it was scrapped from the game permanently.

Indeed we're onto how clueless you are about class balancing if you think that Commandos and Mercs are fine in their current state.

*snip*

Both Snipers AND Sages have a root effect on their knockbacks. Snipers have two roots in fact with Leg Shot. Two knockbacks with Ambush. Commandos don't have a root on their AoE knockback. Again how is it balanced in any way, shape or form?.

LOLOL I *wish* sages had roots on their knockbacks. But only the ones deep into TK/lightning get the root, and TK/lightning has its own issues with interrupt spam shutdown.

All other sages find themselves with a knockback that is even more useless than a commando's (not even a slow, not 360, inferior knockback "oomph" that just lets smashers obliterate right back to us because the kb is too damn short).

We can't pop tech override to make our mez instant, either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Don't worry guys im sure it will be like how they said they would have cross server 8v8 ranked then forget about it.

ummmmm, this is like a very old and currently invalid thread as Season 1 already came and went long ago so...

Edited by Sangrar