The login service is currently unavailable

Charlesbro

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... excuse me for not being very intelligent when it comes to techy stuff... what exactly is the problem? Like I know I can't log on, and yet there are people playing. I'm guessing it isn't something a server restart would correct?

Darth Furrball, the Sith hamster sorcerer, has taken it upon itself to murder it's competition. There was a Jawa in the lunchroom that was chased all the way to his double parked sandcrawler. The aforementioned smuggler and bounty hunter have not yet arrived with the rancor holo to put the updates (the womp rats and mynoks that will replace the dead hamsters) in their places. And, due to Darth Furrball, the techs are having a time removing the problem. In a nutshell.

I'm torn. I've been awake 22 hours now. Do I nap for a few and hope that the servers aren't just back up, but there will be enough people awake to get some more conquest done? Or do I stay up and keep waiting? Decisions decisions...

-left eyeball spasms repeatedly-

Just take a nap. It's not worth it at this point.

You are correct! Right now there is an issue which is causing the server select screen to not populate the server list. Anyone new logging in is seeing no servers to select, so they can't get into the game. For anyone who is already in the game, as long as they don't log out, they are covered and can keep playing.

-eric

So..is this a Fake Server List that we are seeing?

So... excuse me for not being very intelligent when it comes to techy stuff... what exactly is the problem? Like I know I can't log on, and yet there are people playing. I'm guessing it isn't something a server restart would correct?

those still playing were logged in before the login issue. that servers are up, just the login is not letting new logins, it's broke, well the login is fix, but there are no servers to select

did that help ?

Darth Furrball, the Sith hamster sorcerer, has taken it upon itself to murder it's competition. There was a Jawa in the lunchroom that was chased all the way to his double parked sandcrawler. The aforementioned smuggler and bounty hunter have not yet arrived with the rancor holo to put the updates (the womp rats and mynoks that will replace the dead hamsters) in their places. And, due to Darth Furrball, the techs are having a time removing the problem. In a nutshell.

Love it

You are correct! Right now there is an issue which is causing the server select screen to not populate the server list. Anyone new logging in is seeing no servers to select, so they can't get into the game. For anyone who is already in the game, as long as they don't log out, they are covered and can keep playing.

-eric

Actually Eric, I had a different issue. I never got in the game to see the server list. I got stopped at the launcher. It said that the login service was unavailable.

"I'm disabled."

"How?"

"How what?"

"How are you disabled?"

"Uh...leg disabled"

"And how did it happen, if that's not a rude question?"

"Acid"

"What are the chances of that happening?"

"Oh, hundred to one."

"You like a bit of a drink?"

"Whiskey, please. Double."

I'm also a returning player after nearly four years, and I just re-subscribed. Of course this happens the day all my cartel items unbind so I can sell them. I have the worst luck.

That being said, I work as a dev myself, and although I am a lowly entry-leveler I understand how stressful these sorts of situations can be. Keep up the work and keep the coffee maker on!

Eric,

We just had someone in our guild who lives in Chile (country) who was able to login and says was able to retrieve the server list 30 minutes ago. However, no one else in our guild can login so she's thinking maybe it has something to do with her being in Chile.

Thought you might like to know.

Edited by Talinis

• Dev Post
Actually Eric, I had a different issue. I never got in the game to see the server list. I got stopped at the launcher. It said that the login service was unavailable.

That was actually a separate issue that we resolved earlier. It may still crop up as the team is working on resolving the server issue, but you shouldn't be seeing that error anymore.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

ya, this set back has killed a lot of peoples goals before patch, and EA/BW have gone out of those ways to make the new grind and then leave the player hanging to finish their weekly quota...

seriously, if you know the client is sending the query for the server list, and its not being sent back, even as garbage, you need to hire people who know what they're doing and not this, whatever it is, life support maintance/dev team.

Been trying for quite a while myself. I actually got off work early and was able to get online for a bit. Logged off for dinner, and then that was it. Now I am stuck with all this time to finally sit and play... and I cant. Such is my luck. Ah well, theres always another day I guess. :)

"And how did it happen, if that's not a rude question?"

"Acid"

"What are the chances of that happening?"

"Oh, hundred to one."

"You like a bit of a drink?"

"Whiskey, please. Double."

"I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority that if you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke."

ya, this set back has killed a lot of peoples goals before patch, and EA/BW have gone out of those ways to make the new grind and then leave the player hanging to finish their weekly quota...

seriously, if you know the client is sending the query for the server list, and its not being sent back, even as garbage, you need to hire people who know what they're doing and not this, whatever it is, life support maintance/dev team.

considering it took all week to get 4xmmfp done and kill both world bosses on 8 different chars I was hoping to get some pvp weekly's (4-6) done tonight before tomorrows reset RIP those plans