Request for some lore material about StarWars

PancaSWTOR

Ok i know google and i know that it give tooo many results to actually be helpfull....its sadly too good in what it does.

So im going to ask you people that maybe got that material already.

The thing is, after the movies and clone wars, what are the source of the lore people talk about in the forum?

I foud some wikies about starwars but those should actually get their material from somewhere, i suppose.

Is there some good book, movie, anime, whatever that can help understand beter the different part of the starwars world?

Dathomir witches...where they come from? We got the fashion here but not witches themselves in the game...i saw a little in the first few season of clone wars (ventress actually from what i ve been said...no spoilers please)...but there is some book (or any other material) for example?

Mando creed is another thing that make me curious after watching "the mando"....or more likely the powertech...considering how he fight...

But everything from the creation of sith and jedy up to now would be interesting.

Dathomir witches...where they come from? We got the fashion here but not witches themselves in the game...i saw a little in the first few season of clone wars (ventress actually from what i ve been said...no spoilers please)...but there is some book (or any other material) for example?

This one I can answer. They are called the "Nightsisters", and they come from, er, Dathomir. We don't see them in the game because their organisation arises about six hundred years before the films, which puts them three thousand years in the game's future. The outfit we see here is a moderately grotesque anachronism, although less grotesque than the vented lightsabre that looks like the one seen in TFA/TLJ/RoS.

They originally appeared in some of the pre-Disney comic books, I believe.

In effect, all that material you see on those wikis comes from the huge morass of novels, comic books, TV series and one-offs, etc. that is commonly called the "EU" = Extended Universe.

EDIT: on Wookieepedia, look near the bottom of each page, and you'll find citations showing where the information came from. On other wikis, you might or might not find an equivalent.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

There is an enormous amount of material in the Star Wars universe, particularly in the old EU (what is now called Legends, which is no longer canon (SWTOR also takes place in the Legends universe))

Your best bet is pick either a broad subject or time period and see what is available to try and narrow it down to something you want to check out.