Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will forgo one to block another sure. I believe the option should be there for those who want to partake. Just give me the option to block it in my house with MY family. I said nothing about you and yours.

However I realized if its in the cartel shop then all I need is a block to purchases. This way If my child wants something they can ask me for it. I have younger children who love starwars. I never see same gender content on the clone wars cartoon or in the movies or any of the starwars content.

I played through Mass Effect first before deciding if my child could play. I didnt let him play. Hes not old enough to understand whats goin on. I fear with the mass influx of younger players on the F2P model some parents wont be as savy to know Biowares previous games which did have SGRA. Just give parents the option and everyone is happy. Don't ban it from all just let me ban it..

Can we have a parental lock for skin color too? I don't want my kids playing dark-skinned characters, so I'd like to be able to ban them from using the darker skin tones. Edited by Snikwad

sorry if its been asked before, but.

is there any plan to allow premium players to unlock characters that are storaged? you know, pay per character - have access to them from then on? I mean.. you can buy race unlocks instead of getting them through legacy and you can buy other unlocks (crew skills, storage space, titles, hide helmet, etc), so what about character slots?

Can we have a parental lock for skin color too? I don't want my kids playing dark-skinned characters, so I'd like to be able to ban them from using the darker skin tones.

...are you for real? What the heck does skin tone matter? Got something against blue, red, and purple twi'leks? Seriously. That's just..well, wrong.

Free to play question: Ability bars...more than one? Because otherwise you're not going to be too successful with this free to play option.

...are you for real? What the heck does skin tone matter? Got something against blue, red, and purple twi'leks? Seriously. That's just..well, wrong..

He was (I believe) mocking the other poster, who suggested a parental lock of same-sex relationships. It's called taking the p!ss :)

With the cartel market packs and the random rares we can get, will we see a real money auction house to trade them, and will it be legal to buy and sell those items like it is for Collectible Card Games? If no, what other form of legel second marcet options will we have on those items? And if there are none, planed, why not?

My biggest question is Character slots, you gave us 12 which is great, you consolidated our characters, often making the slots more than 12 for many accounts, great for some, but not for others. Now it looks like many players are stuck with not being able to make any new characters because you arbitrarily filled slots that we never would have filled, we don't need 4 Bounty Hunters on one server for instance, 2 BH and 2 Troopers of the right AC sure, but you took the choice away from us. I don't see any option in the Cartel market to buy more slots, and it seems like F2P will get 2 and everyone else will get 12 (extrapolating from the 10 extra slots mentioned on PTS load screen) do you expect us to delete a high lvl character who may have some special non transferable items in order to make a character we want on our main server just because our other characters were arbitrarily all put together? do you expect us to pay to transfer them to another server to make room? transfers are also a feature not available in the cartel market. please address the question of character slots, others have asked about them as well and we need clarification. Thank you. Edited by wyrmac

One of my friends, who is planning on trying out the game when it goes F2P, just asked me about the character slots limit.

As far as I can determine the currently available information states:

- F2P gets 2 character slots.

- Subscribers get 10 more slots (for a total of 12. The current amount we all have.)

My friend currently plays LOTRO where he also started out with 2 character slots as F2P, but over the years he was able to purchase additional character slots.

As far as I can tell, there is currenlty no unlock on the Cartel Market to purchase additional character slots.

My questions:

- Is there currently a "Character Slot" unlock opton on the Cartel Market (and I just missed it)?

- If the answer to the above is "no", could someone from the BioWare team let me (and others I'm sure) know if there are plans to introduce a "Character Slot" unlock at a future point (even if only to the current 12 character slot limit) or will the only way to have more than 2 character slots be to subscribe?

Thanks in advance.

I've never subbed to this game. From late december last year till now, I've continuesly payed with Game Time Cards and plan to continue to do so for financial flexibility as swtor isn't the only game I play (although I must admit I've not touched any other game since swtor launch haha).

Once froob-mode goes live, am I being shoved off to automatically become a F2P-Prefferee and loosing a number of options and abilities I have long since obtained, only to re-aquire them with Cartel Coins?

Does using Game Time Cards (and 1 month subs) no longer give you subscriber status as they do now?

In short: Do you have to bind yourself to this game for 6 or more month to continue as you have done before, whitout any hassle?

I've never subbed to this game. From late december last year till now, I've continuesly payed with Game Time Cards and plan to continue to do so for financial flexibility as swtor isn't the only game I play (although I must admit I've not touched any other game since swtor launch haha).

Once froob-mode goes live, am I being shoved off to automatically become a F2P-Prefferee and loosing a number of options and abilities I have long since obtained, only to re-aquire them with Cartel Coins?

Does using Game Time Cards (and 1 month subs) no longer give you subscriber status as they do now?

In short: Do you have to bind yourself to this game for 6 or more month to continue as you have done before, whitout any hassle?

You are a subscriber and will continue to be a subscriber.

Just because you have been paying (and will continue to pay) with a game card and not a credit card doesn't make you "something else" :).

See these official links:

Will Game Time Codes still be available to buy once The Old Republic goes Free-to-Play? - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6545

Will I need a credit card to play? - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6523

(taken from http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449).

You are a subscriber and will continue to be a subscriber.

Just because you have been paying (and will continue to pay) with a game card and not a credit card doesn't make you "something else" :).

See these official links:

Will Game Time Codes still be available to buy once The Old Republic goes Free-to-Play? - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6545

Will I need a credit card to play? - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6523

(taken from http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449).

Thank you for your reply, ZeroPlus. I'm still not entirely convinced as http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6545 was posted before Bioware introduced "Preferred Player status" - the 3rd playing/payment option.

I smell something fishy and it ain't me. I'd like an official response on this.

People who have entered a game time card at any time or formerly subsribed players through other payment options are preferred players, if you continue to use cards or subscribe you will remain a subsriber. It all seems fairly consistent and easy to understand.

..if you continue to use cards or subscribe you will remain a subsriber..

That "continue" part you use in your sentence is my whole gripe.

If I want to continue to remain a subscriber to have subscriber benefits, I may just as well pull out my credit card and shackle myself to a recurring subscription.

I don't want to pay for times I don't play swtor. I don't want to be a F2P or F2P prefferee with accompanying limitations either.

There should be checkboxes in the account section.

[ ] Subscription - allows full access

[X] Game Time and 1 month subscription - allows full access, but the game is not accessible when your time is up

Nothing changes in-game while your account is frozen

[ ] F2P Preferred status

[ ] F2P

That "continue" part you use in your sentence is my whole gripe.

If I want to continue to remain a subscriber to have subscriber benefits, I may just as well pull out my credit card and shackle myself to a recurring subscription.

I don't want to pay for times I don't play swtor. I don't want to be a F2P or F2P prefferee with accompanying limitations either.

There should be checkboxes in the account section.

[ ] Subscription - allows full access

[X] Game Time and 1 month subscription - allows full access, but the game is not accessible when your time is up

Nothing changes in-game while your account is frozen

[ ] F2P Preferred status

[ ] F2P

I really don't see what it is you can't get your head around. Game cards are fine.

I really don't see what it is you can't get your head around. Game cards are fine.

This ^

Game Time Cards = Subscriber status. I use nothing but and my Cartel Coins are waiting for me.

What is changing is that when you do run out of time, you can still play under "preferred status". And then, when you care to add a new time card, you get back everything you had as a subscriber before. You lose nothing. You gain the ability to pop in for a day or two if you get unexpected or limited free time, without having to pay for it.

Where's the problem?

Jedi Knight players have been asking since release about a hood toggle, and now with the cartel store you have introduced lots of armors that we can buy. One of these sets is the Destroyer set which has a hood down model, and there is another red looking robe available for purchase with the hood down model. You would think that this would please Jedi Knight players, but it does not. As these are Sith robes, and will look so out of place on a Jedi Knight. Don't you think it will be wrong to see lots of Jedi Knights now running around looking like sith warriors?

We have been asking for hood down robes for so long, and specifically for robes like the Battlelord set or the set in the character creation screen. Why is not a set like this available on the store? Trust me, if you made a set like the one on the creation screen available for purchase, you would sell lots and lots of those sets.

We allready know you have models of robes with the hood down in your database or wherever you store these files. Since they are shown on NPCs and in trailers.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/jedi-knight

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/choose-your-side-jedi-knight-vs.-bounty-hunter

So why wont you do something about this issue when it is such a easy fix to just add 1 or 2 armors for JKs with the hood down?

Jedi Knight players have been asking since release about a hood toggle, and now with the cartel store you have introduced lots of armors that we can buy. One of these sets is the Destroyer set which has a hood down model, and there is another red looking robe available for purchase with the hood down model. You would think that this would please Jedi Knight players, but it does not. As these are Sith robes, and will look so out of place on a Jedi Knight. Don't you think it will be wrong to see lots of Jedi Knights now running around looking like sith warriors?

We have been asking for hood down robes for so long, and specifically for robes like the Battlelord set or the set in the character creation screen. Why is not a set like this available on the store? Trust me, if you made a set like the one on the creation screen available for purchase, you would sell lots and lots of those sets.

We allready know you have models of robes with the hood down in your database or wherever you store these files. Since they are shown on NPCs and in trailers.

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/jedi-knight

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/choose-your-side-jedi-knight-vs.-bounty-hunter

So why wont you do something about this issue when it is such a easy fix to just add 1 or 2 armors for JKs with the hood down?

Battlelord set is available with the hood down on the Legacy vendor, with a slight color change. And pretty sure Bioware have said they are working on a hood toggle? It's not just Jedi Knights who want to pull their hoods down...

Edited by Mevan