New Augments

ChrisSchmidt

• Dev Post

Hi friends,

With Game Update 6.1.4 we are introducing a new tier of augments to the game, with materials added to our prestige game modes.

For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.

We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We don’t want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth people’s time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.

In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year we’ve boosted rewards to that end, but haven’t seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in David’s post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

To be clear, these augments will require BOTH the PvE material (only available in Master Mode Operations) AND the PvP material (only available in Ranked) to craft. We acknowledge that many players prefer one mode over the other, however we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

Basics

The new Augments will require materials from Master Mode Operations, Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes, and the Cybertech Crew Skill to assemble the new materials. They will be Item Level 300, and named “Superior _____ Augment 77”, depending on the augment. Crafting is split between Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech (like existing augments), and those schematics will be available from the Crew Skill Trainer for 35,000 credits.

Details

• Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

[*]Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13

• 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest

[*]10% chance in daily group ranked box

• 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest

[*]25% chance in weekly solo ranked box

• 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest

[*]5% chance in daily solo ranked box

• 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest

[*]Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337

• This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits

[*]The 300 Augments ingredients are:

• 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer

[*]CM-1337 ingredients are:

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apex Predator in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

Also, there is a 5% chance from the daily ranked pvp and a 25% chance from the weekly.. but that percentage chance is based on what? 1 RPM? So I have to play 3 weeks of solos on average to get 1 of a material I need 25 of to make 1 augment?

Whut?

That means I'd need to play 75 weeks of soloranked to make 1 augment.

And I need 14 of those.. do I need to play soloranked for 1050 weeks (20 years and some change, btw)

To gear 1 character in new augments? rofl.

And then I haven't even considered the fact that you also need all the other materials :rolleyes:

Edited by Evolixe

You gotta allow at least team ranked daily and weekly to be completable by losses, at least at half rate. With how it looks currently, only the apex team in the queue will be able to finish the weekly, or at their winrate, even the daily.

edit: I mean, nobody will queue for team ranked if losses don't count for daily/weekly too. It is imperative that solo ranked retains the wins-only daily/weekly completion condition.

Edited by Metthew

Ive literally never posted on these forums before. But I absolutely hate this idea--I don't like PVP and definitely not ranked and I shouldnt be forced to engage with that toxic culture just so I can raid better. Will the stats even be worth it? I really hate you making me depend on overinflated trade prices. I just won't be augmenting. This is horrible. The ranked mats will be rarer and the economy is going to be stupid.

In case anyone is curious, each character has 14 gear slots, which will require (ignoring crits) 14*15=210 OEMs. A standard 5 boss NiM operation will drop 7 OEMs. Hence, you must complete 30 NiM operations to gear ONE character in these new augments. Oh and on top of that you have to do ranked PvP for months.

Are you out of your mind?

Also, there is a 5% chance from the daily ranked pvp and a 25% chance from the weekly.. but that percentage chance is based on what? 1 RPM? So I have to play 3 weeks of solos on average to get 1 of a material I need 25 of to make 1 augment?

Whut?

And I need 14 of those.. do I need to play soloranked for 1050 weeks (20 years and some change, btw)

1/5 guaranteed loot drop from TR daily and weekly, respectively. + some bonus chance from SR and TR boxes, with only TR having an appreciable chance.

1/5 guaranteed loot drop from TR daily and weekly, respectively. + some bonus chance from SR and TR boxes, with only TR having an appreciable chance.

Yeah I left that out deliberately. I understand that they want to move people to team ranked but this isn't incentive.. this is brute force.

Why? Just why? Why would you do this to the player base? Yes of course you can buy it, but that's now how people are going to see it, they'll see it as being forced to play PvP or NiM PvE... This is beyond ridiculous, the market for solid matrix and embers is already tough, and now you want us to "farm" more materials???

Please reconsider this.

Whut?

And then I haven't even considered the fact that you also need all the other materials :rolleyes:

From my understanding, there well be 5 mats in every weekly and an additional chance for additional ones.

But it's again over the top as always

Yeah, I'm so looking forward to seeing clueless PvE players and mat farmers in ranked without the ability to vote kick them out. I mean why even claim to support a competitive ranked environment when you come up with stuff like this. Atm there isn't even an 306 ir + tactical requirement for ranked.

Also, good on you for inflating the economy even further.

Edit. Also, nice forcing bads into group ranked where less than a handful of teams will farm them to get top3 rewards.

kekw

Edited by blodvite

Absolutely terrible idea. There is no need for new augments. Every bit of content is very doable with the current gear. If you want to introduce new Augments then make them craftable by using either pve or pvp materials. This way you won't punish players who only play pve or pvp and incentivise it for those who do both modes.

Side note: So much to "Play what you want". GJ Bioware forcing players to do pve and pvp to get best in slot gear.

So I understand that this is designed to be a carrot for MM Ops and Team ranked, but for myself and the majority of people I know in game, we cant farm MM Ops being mostly casual players, and Team Ranked is just not happening as people don't want to get involved with the toxic players who reside in ranked, especially after losses stopped counting towards the quests.

If you want this to have any success then the losses are going to need to count again, but even then I think most of us (At least in my circles) will just have to accept we wont be getting these as farming MM Ops is just not realistic for us, not exactly "Play your way"...

Is this your attempt to revitalize the game? To get more people to do more of content they don't usually do? If that's the goal then I apologize for the following word, but that's idiotic. More Operations (add one more difficulty tier that is HM without the veteran edge), better PvP rewards/modes/maps. That will get people to do more stuff, not enforced gearing requirements.

I like this,you don't have to craft those if you just cannot efford them or you just don't have the PvP Mats / PvE Mats - but it makes something special again, now it is actually kinda hard to get all those mats. But it drops where it is supposed to be used anyway, you can clear OPs with old augments with ease. And yes i get that it is just a "because you can" thing to do, you can still buy anything from GTN if you really want it.

Everyone says "make gearing hard again" now it is actually hard and everybody still cries. Everybody that dislike them bringing in something NEW, probably also cries about DPS not being able to guard anymore in PvE, yes wow what a big loss.

So I understand that this is designed to be a carrot for MM Ops and Team ranked, but for myself and the majority of people I know in game, we cant farm MM Ops being mostly casual players, and Team Ranked is just not happening as people don't want to get involved with the toxic players who reside in ranked, especially after losses stopped counting towards the quests.

If you want this to have any success then the losses are going to need to count again, but even then I think most of us (At least in my circles) will just have to accept we wont be getting these as farming MM Ops is just not realistic for us, not exactly "Play your way"...

I don't really see an issue with that. You don't need full minmaxed 306 for HM anyway.

Theres been enough serving snowflake mentalities like this already

Details

• Apex Predator in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person

[*]Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337

• This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits

[*]The 300 Augments ingredients are:

• 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer

• 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so don’t hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris

Ops (on avg) have 5 bosses; so...

(on avg) 4+3= 7 total for non-dxun ops (aka, not even 1/person/run);

2/boss in Dxun, so 1/person assuming a team progging Apex

Need 15 per aug; 14augs per set (15x14=210).... freaking hell that's a damn grind right there, even ignoring the cost of buying the PvP mats.

The aug stats better be worth it T_T;

Why in the blazes would this seem like a good idea to you guys? There is already a rift in the PvE vs. PvP world of players and now you want to make it worse? Can you imagine the upset of the PvP players at having inexperienced people trying to farm for mats because of this? Then there is the market; I can only imagine the prices will be ridiculous because these will not be available for everyone. Great on you guys for coming up with an idea we can all agree is ridiculous, can you not come up with something that is a bit more manageable for everyone? I have absolutely NO interest in the PvP in this game and that is not going to change. Can you please stop trying to push us towards that content when we don't want to? I enjoy the PvE side of things and I am working on crafting my 286 lvl augments to do more HM and NiM operations, I'm fine with crafting the augments to make myself do better in the harder content but that's because I want the PvE content. Absolutely ridiculous. Fix your bugs instead of coming up with stuff like this. Edited by Alexielis