Australian server transfer in LATE April!

melsione

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

ohh sorry, are you serious? are you expecting BW to stick to a deadline?

Sad day...NGE mk2

lol.. i think my first mistake was expecting a non-crybaby answer on an MMO forum

Has anyone heard any news or updates about the character transfers?

Edited by Ztanley

All I've read in this thread is...

"wah wah wah... a very new MMO that's incredibly polished for such a new contender hasn't got character transfers sorted in the first 6 months... wah wah wah"

Seriously... people... remember it's taken WoW 8 years to get where it is... remember how long new content took, let alone character transfers.... and even now they still don't have Australian servers.

Seriously.... cry more! :rolleyes:

Indeed. People have wonderfully short memories, and forget just how badly Blizzard did things in WoW at first.

Seems to be 2 voices here at the moment. First lot boils down to "I want what I want and I want it now!" The other more reasonable voices have been around MMOs for quite some time and know how things work.

Where I do fault EA/Bioware is their lack of communication with the community here. They could learn a lot from Turbine and the way they communicate with their community in the LOTRO forums.

I just started to read this for fun and found myself laughing hysterically. The idea of server transfers from day 1 would have killed the new Aussie servers which were mostly newer people starting who would have been dominated by the new 50's with tons of credits crafting and farming whatever they wanted and leaving little for the new players as the release in Aus was around the new servers. Get over it, tough crap.

I just started to read this for fun and found myself laughing hysterically. The idea of server transfers from day 1 would have killed the new Aussie servers which were mostly newer people starting who would have been dominated by the new 50's with tons of credits crafting and farming whatever they wanted and leaving little for the new players as the release in Aus was around the new servers. Get over it, tough crap.

And now, a month or so later, we'd like to join all of our friends who started playing and now have L50s, so that we can all raid together, instead of being split by the Red Zone boundaries.

That said, with 1.2 dropping our transfers will be 'soon after'.

Yeah.... that's not how it works. Having an established economy and a lot of max level players actually helps new players a lot.

Yeah an update would be good for the community.

I am skeptical though that we will see this come through in the time frame advised. Most likely we will get an annoucement last day of April advising of issues and further delays with date TBC. Its already been a farce so perhaps I am being too negative, or perhaps I am being realistic...

I went back and logged into my main the other day and say 5 people in RF .. oh boy not much chance to find an OPs or FP or WZ. May as well grind dailies huh .. no thx.

Still havent seen any clarification on questions around Legacy, how the transfer may work if we now have a Legacy on the AU servers, what will happen to the dummy chars we created to lock in our names etc etc or have I missed something?

Anyways .. atleast AU servers are active and fun, its kept me playing till now.

Yeah an update would be good for the community.

I am skeptical though that we will see this come through in the time frame advised. Most likely we will get an annoucement last day of April advising of issues and further delays with date TBC. Its already been a farce so perhaps I am being too negative, or perhaps I am being realistic...

I went back and logged into my main the other day and say 5 people in RF .. oh boy not much chance to find an OPs or FP or WZ. May as well grind dailies huh .. no thx.

Still havent seen any clarification on questions around Legacy, how the transfer may work if we now have a Legacy on the AU servers, what will happen to the dummy chars we created to lock in our names etc etc or have I missed something?

Anyways .. atleast AU servers are active and fun, its kept me playing till now.

My toon got a transfer to the test server with no problem as did a lot of others. all bank credits nothing was lost apart from legacy...

man you should of been glad you at least get transfers, what happens to people who are on dead servers. I had 3 level 50's on a server and was forced to reroll because of population big deal, get over it.

Well I havent got my transfer yet mate. So get over what??

No need to be nasty though just because you cant transfer too ... why be like that?? We are both affected by the lack of transfers. The only difference is that I may get it before you if your not AU based. Funnel that hate to Bioware.

Anyways I got my sub till the end of the month so hopefully they will announce by then, else will consider my options if I will resub.

man you should of been glad you at least get transfers, what happens to people who are on dead servers. I had 3 level 50's on a server and was forced to reroll because of population big deal, get over it.

Not the fking point what was promisted is a no show fk this this screwed.

I HAVE CANCELED MY ACCOUNT. going some where where they will keep there promisers

I HAVE CANCELED MY ACCOUNT. going some where where they will keep there promisers

We were promised we could, no time limit on when. Then we were told "probably" late April. If you can find an MMO that keeps its "promisers" in line with the massively extrapolated promises you believe you got, then I'd like to shake their hand and invest. Their ESP app would be impressive at least, and their instant-code tool would be a marvel.

Meanwhile back in RealityLand, we will continue to hope that BioWare can meet the goals that they have set for themselves (end of April), be slightly disappointed if they can't, but remain completely un-panty-twisted.

Edited by Perringaiden

At least you'll have some free time. You should spend that at school, learning to become literate.

I can't help but feel that the community improves everytime we lose a peanut like this.

Now that 1.2 has dropped, I'm checking everyday to see when we can get some information on transfers. Although, they did promise that they would TRY to have them ready by the end of April, and it's only halfway through. I am worried that they have expressed concerns that the Legacy system is making transfers more complicated than expected and believe that this may precipitate a delay. Having said that they would still have to give us a status update by end of April before anybody can seriously get upset.

Edited by BovineDeath

My toon got a transfer to the test server with no problem as did a lot of others. all bank credits nothing was lost apart from legacy...

I think the whole point and reason transfers aren't available yet is they want the legacy to transfer. What they used to move guilds to PTS is obviously not complete if it skips legacy.

So any word on transfers?

Only what everyone else has mentioned, server transfers are late April, so there is still ten to fifteen days to go, wish they had mentioned late April when Asia /Pacific servers were being looked at.

Edited by Anarchistic

When are we getting these?? They said late April and well, it's now late April. I really want to play with my friends and if I knew this would take so long I would have waited until the AU servers came out to play instead of pre ordering the game.

Thank you for the link, however, I don’t think it is working yet as I can’t click on the “Request Transfer” tab, will keep trying, as it’s only the eighteenth now and says you must activate before the twenty fourth and that is only a week away.

P.S

Still have not received an email saying I am eligible but my character was created in January of this year.

Edited by Anarchistic