Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same boat. Its a slap in the face to CE buyers in the UK and i'd say all people that pre ordered early.

Still don't understand why they couldn't of at the very least got everyone a start time and emailed it to us like they did for the beta stress test weekend. They had more than enough time. Seems like a half arsed early access at the moment.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE cancel your pre-order so I can get moved up the list. :D

Really disappointing how this has been done to be honest. I planned to power level to 50, but server first is out the window because a load of others will be let in first. Now I am stuck checking constantly if I'm in or not because there is no estimate at all, really great fun. This first come first serve thing is atrocious unless you are a fan boy or an apologist.

Hi all,

Just got home from work but have to go xmas shopping :( i tried to register and put in my code from my pre-order, however, i am getting the message that the code has already been used.

Apologies for not reading all the posts but i'm already in the dog house for typing this much as i am 'wasting' shopping time. I don't think my wife realises that her 'shopping' is interfering with my game playing time.

Any help would be great and i will check back when i get back tonight.

may the force be with us! ;)

You wouldn't have been able to post here if your code hadn't worked buddy ;)

i preordered back in july and still havent gotten into early access and they just shot out the third wave...rock and roll woo

yeah thats not possibly your account creation day is August. you fail its when you redeemed not ordered ******.

Exactly this.

I'm not against staggering, but

1) They should have told us earlier, and

2) There should have been an e-mail with our specific wave date/time. The lack of communication (evidenced by the clustercluck on the forums/twitter/internets) is not acceptable and, quite frankly, is a worrying start to SWTOR. Here's hoping all communication isn't like this.

They simply cannot give a date/time because they don't know. They have already explained that and it makes perfect sense.

Anything could happen right now - servers could start crashing, who knows... Or it could go really well and more people could get in than expected. They don't know so obviously they cannot tell us.

I do think they could have done something like "We have split the EGA into 40 phases, you will be in phase 23. We cannot say how fast or slow the phases will be brought in because it is dependent on server load and stability".

I feel like that approach would have prevented this nonsense thread! :) Edit: Actually, probably not since most people do not read anything first.

Edited by ishandi

Figure I might as well get my QQ in.

Don't get me wrong. I agree about the rolling early access. I have no problem with that... it's a good way to prevent a million people in the newbie zones at once and causing the server to catch fire and explode.

It's just the way they're handling it. Tell me when I can play. That's all I want to know. But they won't.

No, they're not telling you when the "waves" are going out. You just have to wait and hope you're getting access.

They could alleviate a lot of frustration and QQ if they just said "Look at the chart. Match it with the date range you submitted your pre-order code. That's when you'll get early access." Period. Done.

that is a great idea, then people will know and can plan their days off to play.

Feel a little sorry for Bioware... For needing to take this kind of crap from impatient brats. "We need to know!" As they've explained they can't give you a specific time since tehy're trying to get it done as fast as possible, but still wants to keep it stable...

Image the kind of crap they'd get if they gave you a time, but then encountered some kind of complications with servers of what not and you didn't get in on the earlier said time? I'm guessing that would result in some peeps heads blowing up....

Be patient and appriciate the possibility to get pre access at all!

Well, the whole reason I preordered it was for early access. I didn't order it until October, and the website I ordered it from didn't mention anything about waves. It just said early access, so I assumed they were just letting everyone who ordered in a few days early. It's somewhat annoying that people who had the extra money laying around when the preorder was first available get an advantage over people who had to hold off until they could afford it, but all I really want to know is why is it like this? I don't understand how this helps them at all, since on the 20th the servers are going to be overloaded anyways.