Double XP not working for everyone?

I played through Tatooine today. (I still havent finished, but i only have 2-3 more missions left which i know since its not the first time ive played through tatooine and its my favourite planet)

I was lvl 23 when my trooper got there.

I have +30% for all exploration.

I have +30% for all class missions.

I had a +25% boost active all the time.

I did three PvP missions and finished the PvP daily and the introduction to PvP mission.

When i now have 2-3 missions left i am lvl 28 and 2/3rds.

Shouldnt i be overleveling this planet by alot more than that with all those bonuses?

Now i know alot of you guys have no problems since the forums would be flooded if the double xp didnt work for most.

What im asking is if there is anyone else out there that feel like double xp isnt working?

Because this doesnt feel like last time when i powered through my sith inquisitor from lvl 35 to 50 in two nights and was lvl 50 long before my class story was done :/

I was lvl 23 when my trooper got there.

I have +30% for all exploration.

I have +30% for all class missions.

I had a +25% boost active all the time.

I did three PvP missions and finished the PvP daily and the introduction to PvP mission.

When i now have 2-3 missions left i am lvl 28 and 2/3rds.

It looks like from what you posted, you did all the exploration stuff, class missions and a couple PVP stuff. did you do the planetary storyline (not just the class quest) too, because i could see that being how you ended at only 28+. Also are you doing any flashpoints or heroics along the way.

I did all planetary, class and sidequests.

No heroics (yet) and i havent explored the entire map, but i usually dont and still keep up with leveling so i shouldnt have to now.

The PvP was done with a standard +25% xp booster.

In fact all the playing was done with a +25% general xp booster active.

I now only have the absolute last class mission left and im lvl 29.

Im thinking of doing the heroics too, since there are some nice orange items i want.

But the point is that i usually leave Tatooine at around lvl 28-29.

On a double xp weekend where i do the same amount of quests i should be a lot higher level than that shouldnt I?

It just feels like double xp isnt engaged on my character. Its wierd.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Also, i want to get this out there, im not asking how to earn more xp.

Im just saying that for a double xp weekend i sure seem to be following the regular leveling curve...

Last time there was a double xp weekend i had to skip a ton of stuff with my characters because i was overleveling stuff far enough for quests to turn gray (not a bad thing mind you).

This time its just business as usual.

I havent had an issue with it working/not working. I just made sure i had all unlocks purchased. exploration, class, FP, WZ. Also double checked guild xp bonus, and using my boosts. Make sure you arent skipping trash and bonus missions as well.

i know at least for me for the first double xp weekends i would outlevel planets because i would be sure to do my FP dailies which were usuallly giving me a whole level or more and then i would try to do as little as possible on the planets (usually just class quests and a couple heroics) and i would usually be at/around the level intended to leave

I noticed at some point today that my bar didn't have the double XP indication. Relogging fixed that. I'm not sure how long it had been going on or whether or not it was a visual bug ... but might be work checking out if you feel you're not getting much bang for your buck.

I noticed at some point today that my bar didn't have the double XP indication. Relogging fixed that. I'm not sure how long it had been going on or whether or not it was a visual bug ... but might be work checking out if you feel you're not getting much bang for your buck.

i remember this happening the first double xp weekend too, i believe that for most that were experiencing the issue it was just a visual bug and not an actual instance where the player was not getting double xp

i remember this happening the first double xp weekend too, i believe that for most that were experiencing the issue it was just a visual bug and not an actual instance where the player was not getting double xp

That could definitely be the case today. I really rarely pay attention to my XP bar while I'm playing, so I end up with a lot of "Surprise, you leveled!" moments. :) I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I seem to be getting double xp from missions but arent we suppose to get it for the enemies we kill also?

yes. and you probably are.

unlike missions where you would notice a big difference, such as the daily missions that usually give 8-17k and you would now get 16-34k xp, you probably are getting double xp from the kills.

unlike some games it doesnt show the base xp plus the additional bonus xp you earned.

so instead of seeing:

"You have earned 100 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi.

You have earned 100 bonus xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi (double xp weekend).

You have earned 25 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi (Xp boost item)."

in swtor you would only see "You have earned 225 xp for killing enemy Bob Kenobi."

Hope that helps explain a bit more, iirc lotro had it where it would show your base xp and then the bonus xp (from rested xp)

I seem to be getting double xp from missions but arent we suppose to get it for the enemies we kill also?

But you might not notice a differentce there because thats what rested xp does normally... so normally you would most likely get the same amount of xp as you do now for killing enemies.

Actually, i read somewhere that the listed xp reward takes into accoun the double xp.

It doesn't. Take for example if a pvp daily listed 13,000 exp. That number would still be listed as 13k, but you will receive 26k exp

It doesn't. Take for example if a pvp daily listed 13,000 exp. That number would still be listed as 13k, but you will receive 26k exp

Well in that case i was only getting the listed last time i played.

I'll test it this weekend, but i'll be playing on a different character so it might work this time.

(since BW messed up Aric i wont be playing my trooper until that is fixed)

no, now when double xp is on the quest log will show the amount rewarded with double xp already taken into account, so the quest log will show 26k, not 13

I highly doubt this. Because the XP boosts don't work this way either.

Try it sometime. Have a quest ready to accept, and pop an experience boost, hit the "x" on the rewards window, and re-open the window. The XP award will change.

I highly doubt this. Because the XP boosts don't work this way either.

Try it sometime. Have a quest ready to accept, and pop an experience boost, hit the "x" on the rewards window, and re-open the window. The XP award will change.

Yes, but double xp weekend works differently from xp boosts.

I really wish it wasnt working. Im getting sick of all my alts overlevelling the content i want to play too quickly.

Need checkbox to turn off xp entirely.

Oh go somewhere else with your whining... this thread is for people who actually LIKE the double xp weekends. You lot have your own treads.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

OP, you mentioned that you usually leave Tat by 28-29 -- but when do you usually get there? 6 levels on one planet, by the time you get to Tatooine, feels like a lot of XP :o

You're familiar with the Tatooine quests now; could it be that you're doing them more efficiently, thus killing less random mobs, thus getting less XP? (Yeah, mob XP doesn't count for as much as quest XP, but...)

Dunno, just a couple of things that come to mind. :)

Edited by Jenovan

no, now when double xp is on the quest log will show the amount rewarded with double xp already taken into account, so the quest log will show 26k, not 13

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work - but that's not the way it worked last week. If the quest log showed 10k XP, I'd get 20k. The reward windows showed the right (doubled) amount, but not the quest log.