World Firsts and Guild XP Changes

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

When we introduced Guild Leveling, the point at which a Guild will have completed all functionality unlocks within the system is when they hit level 64, at this point they are eligible for highest Guild Perks. This only became possible after February 19th (based on weekly XP caps). We wanted to spend some time and recognize all of the Guilds who reached level 64 during that week as it meant those Guilds have capped XP literally every week since Guild Leveling launched! Here is the list, in order by server...

• Stroke my Wookie of Darth Malgus
  • Stroke my Wookíe of Darth Malgus
  • Wardens Of The Republic of Darth Malgus
  • Untempered Dread of Darth Malgus
  • Fallen Exsilium of Darth Malgus
  • S T A R of Darth Malgus
  • Exsilium of Darth Malgus
  • Black Nova of Darth Malgus
  • The Sanctuary of Star Forge
  • The Courageous of Star Forge
  • The Dark Sanctuary of Star Forge
  • Je'daii Reborn of Star Forge
  • Unchained Wrath of Star Forge
  • New Galactic Empire of Star Forge
  • Hellbent of Star Forge
  • Revån's Råpture of Star Forge
  • You Aint Sith of Star Forge
  • Rèvan's Lègacy of Star Forge
  • Knights of Old Enclave of Star Forge
  • The Second Sith Empire of Star Forge
  • The Steel Court of Satele Shan
  • The Eternal Ordér of Satele Shan
  • The Eternal Order of Satele Shan
  • Galaxy Knights of Satele Shan
  • Crimson Order of Satele Shan
  • Harbingers of Valhalla of Satele Shan
  • Dark Galaxy Knights of Satele Shan
  • The Àncient Sith Empire of Satele Shan
  • Resolute of Star Forge
  • Koosai of Tulak Hord
  • The Big Jedi Theory of Tulak Hord

A big congratulations to Stroke My Wookie of Darth Malgus who was the first Guild in the world to hit level 64 on February 19th!

One other thing we wanted to talk about is the rate at which Guilds are earning XP and leveling. We have been actively monitoring our leveling data week over week since the system was implemented and in general, we feel Guilds need to be leveling a bit faster. There are plenty of Guilds hitting the cap every week, but we really think small Guilds especially can use a little push to help them get more XP. To help accomplish this we are going to increase the rate of Guild XP earned by 50% in 5.10.2! Currently 1 Conquest Point = 2 Guild XP. After 5.10.2 1 Conquest Point will = 3 Guild XP.

Thanks everyone, be sure to help test these changes and more when 5.10.2 comes to PTS and congrats again to all of the Guilds who have been crushing it!

-eric

A big congratulations to Stroke My Wookie of Darth Malgus who was the first Guild in the world to hit level 64 on February 19th!

-eric

I think the bigger accomplishment was forcing Eric to actually use 'stroke my wookie' in a professional manner. GG wookie strokers!

• Dev Post
Why is their no guild from the Leviathan (french server) ? I know for sure that at least two guilds reached lvl64 already

To be clear this is not a list of all Guilds that have crossed level 64, just the Guilds that did it during that specific week. The first week where it was possible. There have been quite a number of Guilds on all servers who have crossed this threshold since then!

-eric

To be clear this is not a list of all Guilds that have crossed level 64, just the Guilds that did it during that specific week. The first week where it was possible. There have been quite a number of Guilds on all servers who have crossed this threshold since then!

-eric

Yeah, my bad, i read to fast. Congratulations to all these guilds in that case ;)

Hey folks,

'This guild is full of sexy people who are the nicest and the coolest.'

Thanks everyone ... and congrats again to all of the Guilds who have been crushing it!

-eric

Awesome job Vikings! Shows you can play a game casually in a good life/game balance but still do well at it and have fun!

Pillage on my fierce friends!

Congratulations to the guilds!

I'm really happy to hear the leveling speed will increase. Honestly though, our little family guild just wants some way to earn Encryptions so that we can fully unlock our guild flagship and decorate it.

Grats to everyone on that list, and to all the guilds that have hit it since. It takes a lot of players to reach those numbers, and keeping that many players happy is no easy feat. Well done everyone!!!

One other thing we wanted to talk about is the rate at which Guilds are earning XP and leveling. We have been actively monitoring our leveling data week over week since the system was implemented and in general, we feel Guilds need to be leveling a bit faster. There are plenty of Guilds hitting the cap every week, but we really think small Guilds especially can use a little push to help them get more XP. To help accomplish this we are going to increase the rate of Guild XP earned by 50% in 5.10.2! Currently 1 Conquest Point = 2 Guild XP. After 5.10.2 1 Conquest Point will = 3 Guild XP.

-eric

I think the best thing you could do to help smaller guilds gain guild exp at a better pace is to introduce non-conquest ways to gain gxp. As things stand right now story players are left out in the cold. Leveling a guild should be an organic experience, but it's not.

I think the best thing you could do to help smaller guilds gain guild exp at a better pace is to introduce non-conquest ways to gain gxp. As things stand right now story players are left out in the cold. Leveling a guild should be an organic experience, but it's not.

I mean, how would you imagine that? They can't give you conquest points for staying in a spot or roleplaying.

Edited by menofhorror

I mean, how would you imagine that? They can't give you conquest points for staying in a spot or roleplaying.

There is no reason to tie guild exp to conquest objectives in the first place unless they are trying to artificially inflate their conquest metrics.

They could reward guild exp for all flashpoints completed, all heroics completed, all quests completed. They could even reward gxp for mobs killed. You know, kind of how we earn cxp for pretty much everything we do at lvl 70.

There is no reason to tie guild exp to conquest objectives in the first place unless they are trying to artificially inflate their conquest metrics.

They could reward guild exp for all flashpoints completed, all heroics completed, all quests completed. They could even reward gxp for mobs killed. You know, kind of how we earn cxp for pretty much everything we do at lvl 70.

I was equally doubtful of your post at first. But this reply is actually a great idea for guild leveling. Great job!

Hey folks,

When we introduced Guild Leveling, the point at which a Guild will have completed all functionality unlocks within the system is when they hit level 64, at this point they are eligible for highest Guild Perks. This only became possible after February 19th (based on weekly XP caps). We wanted to spend some time and recognize all of the Guilds who reached level 64 during that week as it meant those Guilds have capped XP literally every week since Guild Leveling launched! Here is the list, in order by server...

• Stroke my Wookie of Darth Malgus
  • Stroke my Wookíe of Darth Malgus
  • Wardens Of The Republic of Darth Malgus
  • Untempered Dread of Darth Malgus
  • Fallen Exsilium of Darth Malgus
  • S T A R of Darth Malgus
  • Exsilium of Darth Malgus
  • Black Nova of Darth Malgus
  • The Sanctuary of Star Forge
  • The Courageous of Star Forge
  • The Dark Sanctuary of Star Forge
  • Je'daii Reborn of Star Forge
  • Unchained Wrath of Star Forge
  • New Galactic Empire of Star Forge
  • Hellbent of Star Forge
  • Revån's Råpture of Star Forge
  • You Aint Sith of Star Forge
  • Rèvan's Lègacy of Star Forge
  • Knights of Old Enclave of Star Forge
  • The Second Sith Empire of Star Forge
  • The Steel Court of Satele Shan
  • The Eternal Ordér of Satele Shan
  • The Eternal Order of Satele Shan
  • Galaxy Knights of Satele Shan
  • Crimson Order of Satele Shan
  • Dark Galaxy Knights of Satele Shan
  • The Àncient Sith Empire of Satele Shan
  • Resolute of Star Forge
  • Koosai of Tulak Hord
  • The Big Jedi Theory of Tulak Hord

Thanks everyone, be sure to help test these changes and more when 5.10.2 comes to PTS and congrats again to all of the Guilds who have been crushing it!

-eric

This is great! Did a lot of conquest in one of the Star Forge guilds you mentioned. We enjoy playing our many alts. :)

Speaking of which, am wondering when our companions will function properly. It's been 3 months since the Ossus patch broke them in multiple ways, and other problems occurred in the 5.10.1 patch. Companion AI and folks with companions missing entirely obviously are most pressing, but influences being "reset" should also be highlighted.

Except for the companion AI issue (which affects everyone), I personally did not run into these problems, aside from Nadia Grell going silent after the Ossus story. I don't, however, take more characters into the current story on Ossus because of them. This is frustrating, as a few months seems like enough time to sort out a complicated bug or set of them. There's a lot of characters I would like to bring up to the current place in the story, especially with additional story content being released later in the year.

Can we please get some kind of update on companion bugs and how current or future story can be done without compromising our companions in significant ways?

Even your Conquest-driven players care about companions, story, etc.

Edited by arunav

although my guilds are on that list (go Wardens and Dreadies), it is only possible because we are a) always at the limit of members, and b) our GMs clean out inactive players all the time, and c) recruits new ones, and d) arranges conquest activities. I mean, it seems like an unpaid fulltime job for them and the officers sometimes.

Smaller, more family-styled guilds have such a lower chance in the first place to hoard gxp, so instead of binding the gain to conquest, they should just be tied to XP / CXP gains with some % conversion factor. But, alas, I posted this already when the gxp was mentioned first time, and it falls for deaf ears, because we all appear to love to log into the game, and treat it as a job where we must maximize our efficiency in order to get the biggest bonus.

Congrats to all guilds listed.

Could we stop that "x.-type of players is left out again" nonsense already?

There are many different play styles, you choose one, you get rewarded accordingly.

I think you missed the point of a guild here. Why would anyone reward you with group-rewards if you chose to play solo content? Makes no sense.

What does a solo story player need a guild for in first place?

Congrats to all guilds listed.

Could we stop that "x.-type of players is left out again" nonsense already?

There are many different play styles, you choose one, you get rewarded accordingly.

I think you missed the point of a guild here. Why would anyone reward you with group-rewards if you chose to play solo content? Makes no sense.

What does a solo story player need a guild for in first place?

The social experience, though they may not prefer multiplayer content to solo content. Once they run out, they may eventually dabble and decide to take it all on. Really, none of have been in the same box throughout all the years playing and if you have, you're a unicorn.

-eric

Aaaaaaaaand another change that will help big guilds way more than small ones. Congratz, guys. You're the gift that just keep on giving!

Aaaaaaaaand another change that will help big guilds way more than small ones. Congratz, guys. You're the gift that just keep on giving!

The big guilds have already capped their guilds (since anything beyond 64 is meaningless) and that will very likely never change, so this may boost their leveling a tiny bit, but for no reason at all...it most certainly helps smaller guilds more than large.