The "Whispers in the Force" briefing

OldVengeance

IMO this should have top priority since as a story-driven MMO this is pretty much gamebreaking.

It is bad enough to see Theron everytime regardless of the fate you chose for him. But this bug is too much for me. Ive got 2 dozen characters waiting to do this 'quest' and it will stay that way until its fixed.

i think the devs have a different definition of game breaking...i.e. the pink dye in CS isn't pink enough.

I'm waiting for the fix to bounty hunter not knowing Akaavi before doing it on my last BH... It just bugs me that much.

HOPEFULLY next patch.

they also need to do like they did with the LANA romance bug...have a droid available to fix the romances/marriages lost because of the bugs. i'm NOT starting another toon just to marry akaavi again. did that 2x for marrying lana on my pt...only to lose her to the feast of prosperity glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
I was confused when I did this RECENTLY, cause while I decided on Two character's to use Arcann; I never saw anything about using Avaari.

Yet their she was complimenting me on choosing her? I only choose Arcann to my knowledge?

Not the same mission.

I was confused when I did this RECENTLY, cause while I decided on Two character's to use Arcann; I never saw anything about using Avaari.

Yet their she was complimenting me on choosing her? I only choose Arcann to my knowledge?

if i remember right the AKAAVI part started on the relentless ambitions story line. whispers is the ending for THAT quest part of the story line.

• 2 weeks later...
It doesn't appear to have been any update/change to this quest. I'm just hoping they fix it, or at the very least that it does not fudge up the coming storyline. My Trooper and my Jedi Knight both wanted to scrap the Alliance from day one and get back to the Republic. Now that we are finally there I don't want to be stuck with the Alliance, that's for sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not fixed.

Charles mentioned on Twitter that it's not going to be corrected with 7.0, but he also clarified that the problem is not that there's a bug in the game properly recording your decisions. As I understand, it's that there's a mistake in the script for that one cutscene. They never recorded the correct dialogue for rejoining your faction. He said they still plan to fix it in the future. Although, when that will be is unknown.

Essentially, he said it's not a sign that the game will continue to erroneously see you as part of the Alliance.

Edited by OldVengeance

It's not fixed.

Charles mentioned on Twitter that it's not going to be corrected with 7.0, but he also clarified that the problem is not that there's a bug in the game properly recording your decisions. As I understand, it's that there's a mistake in the script for that one cutscene. They never recorded the correct dialogue for rejoining your faction. He said they still plan to fix it in the future. Although, when that will be is unknown.

Essentially, he said it's not a sign that the game will continue to erroneously see you as part of the Alliance.

Thank you for this update. I'm glad to hear that. Could you link to that post plz?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 3:31 PM, OldVengeance said:

So I'm curious if this is going to be updated with 7.2. I assume not, but it would be nice to get confirmation of that.

So, some good news, it looks like the first half of the cutscene (The mention of the Alliance) has been fixed in the subtitles, but it looks like the dialogue hasn't been recorded yet. As for the Hunter knowing Akaavi, I don't have a Hunter even close to Whispers in the Force to check.

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

With the latest patch, I noticed that the subtitles have been updated for my Sith Warrior too. However, there is still no updated voiceover to match. The Warrior just stands there mute. And now I've noticed a new graphical bug in the cutscene. The holoprojector model has this weird shimmering effect and Colonel Golah's character model looks strangely darker now. His outfit is harder to see.

Edited by OldVengeance
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, LtGeneralGezlin said:

So, some good news, it looks like the first half of the cutscene (The mention of the Alliance) has been fixed in the subtitles, but it looks like the dialogue hasn't been recorded yet. As for the Hunter knowing Akaavi, I don't have a Hunter even close to Whispers in the Force to check.

I have to say it feels absurd that Bioware made an incomplete change to the cutscene 4-5 months ago and still hasn't actually filled in the voice line. Why make the change at all if it wasn't ready to be fully fixed?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:01 PM, OldVengeance said:

I have to say it feels absurd that Bioware made an incomplete change to the cutscene 4-5 months ago and still hasn't actually filled in the voice line. Why make the change at all if it wasn't ready to be fully fixed?

Hey, @JackieKo @CommunityTeamAny chance you could look into what's going on with the Whispers in the Force Quest? We got an acknowledgment that it was broken almost two years ago, and then an official-unofficial update on it from Charles last year, before he left. Any chance we might see this fixed sometime soon? It's pretty much why I haven't taken any other classes beyond Onslaught.

• Thanks 1