View Single Post

JediMB
01.05.2013 , 06:04 AM | #5021
On the subject of same-gender romance, but obviously not SWTOR...

I've been going through Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the last two months or so. For the first time. Just saw the season 6 episode "Seeing Red" last night. It was so sweet to finally see Willow and Tara together again, and so the show went and broke my heart. Sleeping became a problem...

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
Well, while the codex does indeed state that they are sexually female, Liara describes them as mon-gendered in ME1 with no concept of gender differences and that she is 'not precisely a woman'. So the confusion is understandable.
Well, of course a mono-gendered species wouldn't have any concept of gender unless they actually encountered a species that had more than one, but one is not zero. And certainly Asari aren't technically women, since a woman is a female human.

But at the end of the day they're biologically female and anatomically woman-like.

Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
Another aspect that complicates things that may have been mentioned before but not often, is romance conflict dialogues.

~snip~
This is all true.

But as far as Hickman's excuse goes, it's also something they should have known about from the start. I can't see how they could possibly not know the scope of the content they promised.