Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it intentional to not have a small yield invasion target for this conquest week? I didn't see anything on the points list that makes it seem like people will get a lot more points than usual.

I hope it is not intentional. I have a small guild and the small yield is currently as big as we can get. In order to keep unlocking rooms, we are pretty much depending on the small yield for the time being.

• Dev Post

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

You say that like bringing back small yields isn't even on the table. "Exploring options".... what options?! This is ridiculous.

Hey all,

-eric

No for you to understand, you would have had to think about small guilds in the first place, which you clearly didn't. So this excuse is just that an excuse.

Hey all,

-eric

3 planets, 3 cq target levels, what was so complicated exactly?

You say that like bringing back small yields isn't even on the table. "Exploring options".... what options?! This is ridiculous.

I feel like the removal of the small yield planets is only for the swoop event, not in general.

I'm part of 3 small, or barely active guilds though, and we may be able to get one of them to conquest this week, it does feel like a slap in the face that this wasn't something that was at least mentioned beforehand. If it was, then I apologise, but I've read what I can find, and what comes through on the Discord DevBot, and haven't seen anything.

I mean, does it matter? its only 2 mill for med yield and I make that solo.

How nice it must be for you to have the time to play for that. Between a full-time job and other commitments, I barely have the time to solo the small yield total, let alone 4x that amount. I'm not the only person in that situation. So good for you, but yes, it matters.

the team is looking at options for the future!

What about options for this week? Do my guildmates and I just not get to have guild conquest rewards for this week because "the team" made a horrible decision without thinking of how it affects players?

Hey all,

we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target

-eric

Was this understanding not apparent prior?

Just make a permanent small planet target independent of and unaffected by any weekly event and you're done.

3 planets, 3 cq target levels, what was so complicated exactly?

^ This. Did the team suddenly forget that there were three target tiers for Conquest? During the entire development process for the event?

My small guild is made of people who are still working full time and have other RL obligations (some of them on top of what was normal pre-COVID-19). We can comfortably make the small target most weeks. Sometimes, we make near 1M points. There is no way we can make 2M.

Thanks, BioWare and Eric in particular this time, for simply showing once again you just don't care whether or not you include groups like ours in your content.

I would figure they would like to keep as many people pleased as possible with a game this old. This change will definitely way heavy when I decide next month to renew my subscription. We are a small three man group that likes to play together, we have a guild on each side, making 2 million for just one side will be extremely difficult with this change. I do not support this oversight.

Hey all,

-eric

Because we always had the 3 yields it was just routine to click the middle one for medium yield, now all of a sudden it's a large yield. Where is the reset button so you can select a medium yield or is this another wasted week?

I do hope you realise that at the moment a lot of people are playing because they can't get out of the house. Screwing with things that worked properly before will not keep them playing.

Like the poor replacement of the toolbar we had last week, looks a lot like you just wanted to add a possiblity to spam extra advertisment for the cartel market to me. The old one worked better and was't bugged. But you just had to change it.......

Edited by Oisro

Hey all,

-eric

Erm, Eric, you seem to be missing the point here. The small yield is a pretty big deal to the smaller guilds. For those guilds it is pretty much the only way to get encryptions for frameworks in order to unlock rooms on a flagship. The goodies they get are a welcome addition to funding the guild and providing with a little extra for their members.

I am the leader of two guilds; one that, since the changes to conquest, can make the large yield and one that is not of the size that can make the medium yield. I am rebuilding the second one and I am also unlocking rooms on the guild flagship. Which I now have to put on hold because I am not able to get the encryptions that are needed to obtain a framework.

I have not yet chosen an invasion target yet, because I hoped to be able to choose one later and the earned points would then be awarded towards said target. But your words now make me believe that fixing this severe issue for the smaller guilds will not warrant an emergency patch... like that other, still unknown, severe issue.

What about options for this week? Do my guildmates and I just not get to have guild conquest rewards for this week because "the team" made a horrible decision without thinking of how it affects players?

Any time I've seen them try to make changes to conquest mid week (and it hasn't happened very often) it's been a disaster.

I hate to say it because I choose the small target on 4 of my guilds across 3 servers, and the medium target on my main guild...but for the small target choice, I think this week is a wash.

Hopefully they fix it the next time this event rolls around, because it seems like, as it stands today, EVERY time this event rolls around, this is planned to happen.

Hey all,

-eric

It will be impossible for many small guilds to hit yield this week. If you all really understood that small guilds would be "concerned" you would have shown some respect to those trying to keep up with the very clear favoritism shown towards larger guilds and given smaller guilds some options. What you've done is proven that if you're aren't in a larger guild, you don't matter. You've really dampened the excitement of this new event, because now we know that every time this event comes around, small guilds are screwed. How was this even allowed to happen? Then again, how are a lot of things that go live allowed to happen.

Edited by acceberyllom

I'm not sure what's worse... that it was an oversight or that they didn't think it'd be an issue.

Definitely the latter. I'm not so upset that I'm quitting / unsubscribing but...

I tend to wait for expansions to settle for a couple of weeks, regardless of game. The new ESO expansion has had a month to work out some of the kinks. I'm headed there now.

Dasty

Definitely the latter. I'm not so upset that I'm quitting / unsubscribing but...

I tend to wait for expansions to settle for a couple of weeks, regardless of game. The new ESO expansion has had a month to work out some of the kinks. I'm headed there now.

Dasty

I d/l'd Neverwinter MMO the other day, to give it a try, it wasn't too bad, takes a little getting used to. But I've decided to dip my feet in other MMO's, and it's free, so I gave it a shot :) Might be trying more this week by the look of it...lol