Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

Cery, this is where we disagree. When I read that itemization post, the following stands out to me:

So you disagree that the itemization post specifically says that the ceiling for Conquest and flashpoint gear will be raised to IR 330? You disagree that the itemization post specifically says that moddable gear becomes available at IR 334? You disagree with their own words?

We don't know anything about how the mod vendor will work, because it's not on PTS.

Really? Then how is it that Swtorista has that information?

https://swtorista.com/articles/how-will-gearing-work-in-swtor-7-0-pts-info/

And this information has been confirmed by Chris Schmidt in Discord. There is nothing to disagree on.

This is how I read it as well. Every major update iLevels would increase across the board eventually allowing everyone access to the 334 iLevel mods/enhancements vendor. 334 ilevel was listed for VM R-4, but consider this. When NiM comes out, wouldn't all of the others get another boost as well? so that 330 for conquest would again go up to 334 or something along those lines?

If their intention is to eventually raise all content to a ceiling of 334 then why would they not say that instead of specifically saying that Conquest and Fps will be raised to 330?

Also, a detail that they neglected to include here but that Chris Schmidt has said more than once on Discord is that Conquest path gear will all be green quality, Fps gear will all be blue, and Ops gear will all be purple (not certain if it will ever move into gold, but I image that it will at the higher IRs). All gear will be locked into their specific paths, so Conquest gear can only be upgraded at the Conquest vendor. If you gear with Conquest you will only ever have access to static stat green gear with a max IR of 326 to start that will be raised, so you have to continue to upgrade gear throughout the 7.x cycle on a gear treadmill because they think that is the only way to keep people playing, in later updates. But the ceiling they specified was 330, which is below the threshold for mods at 334.

Edited by ceryxp

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this information has been confirmed by Chris Schmidt in Discord. There is nothing to disagree on.

Also, a detail that they neglected to include here but that Chris Schmidt has said more than once on Discord

Umm sorry to break it to you but Discord is a unofficial chat c

Platform. You don't know if thats actually "Chris Schmidt" since it wasn't approved by swtor.com

Quoting discord is null and void. SWTOR has no official discord. Anything said on there is considered Fake News.

Also, a detail that they neglected to include here but that Chris Schmidt has said more than once on Discord

Umm sorry to break it to you but Discord is a unofficial chat c

Platform. You don't know if thats actually "Chris Schmidt" since it wasn't approved by swtor.com

Quoting discord is null and void. SWTOR has no official discord. Anything said on there is considered Fake News.

Yes, it is Chris Schmidt. It has been confirmed to be Chris Schmidt on more than one occasion including Chris himself saying on these forums that he participates in discussions on Discord.

As far as it being an "unofficial chat," well, on that I completely agree and made the case a while ago that absolutely everything that is released via Discord should also be released here, and yet they have continued to allow official information to be released via Discord that goes unreported on these forums.

The only reason that I am in those Discords is because Chris, as well as a few other BW employees (but mostly just Chris), does release information there that never makes its way to these forums.

Edited by ceryxp

Yes, it is Chris Schmidt. It has been confirmed to be Chris Schmidt on more than one occasion including Chris himself saying on these forums that he participates in discussions on Discord.

As far as it being an "unofficial chat," well, on that I completely agree and made the case a while ago that absolutely everything that is released via Discord should also be released here, and yet they have continued to allow official information to be released via Discord that goes unreported on these forums.

The only reason that I am in those Discords is because Chris, as well as a few other BW employees (but mostly just Chris), does release information there that never makes its way to these forums.

Agreed, it is ChrisS. And is also the only reason I use those Discords as well to find out stuff BioWare doesn’t release here or to get clarification when forum posts are vague.

What’s interesting is Chris won’t confirm or deny that only Operations players will ever have access to the mods vendor. And I think he isn’t allowed to say. Which leads back to my previous post that I believe BioWare’s intention is that non ops players won’t have access to that vendor.

I just wish BioWare or Chris would confirm or deny it so we can all stop arguing with each other.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Given the amount of confusion and anger on the forums right now, I agree that someone with yellow-text privileges should give a succinct confirmation one way or the other. However, I remain convinced that my assessment is correct. (If we get yellow text saying I'm wrong, then you all definitely have a valid complaint.)

From the same article:

We know for fact that all gear paths will have an increase in iLevel floor and ceiling as time goes on.

We know for fact that a moddable gear vendor is granted at iLevel 334.

The quote referencing the vendor is in the middle of the basic Gaining Power section of the article--it's NOT referencing any path or playstyle in particular. The only qualification on this vendor appears to be iLevel.

Therefore yes, I conclude that all playstyles will eventually have access to this vendor.

All I can tell you from my experience on the test server I was not able to see anything in the flashpoint or operation vendor, just the conquest vendor and this was with my character that had already started collecting the higher tier gear so from what I observe on the test center this doesn't seem to be what BW is doing.

Each of the types of play has the normal vendor and then the upgrade vendor where you trade in the equipment with a certain amount of upgrade materials and get an upgrade but in the flashpoints and operation vendor I could not see what they were as I didn't seem to have access for them.

They seem to be limiting for certain types of players.

Edited by casirabit

Bioware is making it difficult to stay loyal to SWTOR, especially if we have to re-learn how to play the game after every "major update"...

I was happy with everything we got so far, I could finally play solo content without getting killed because of bad "static gear" imposed by the game, use every skills I wanted and NOT pay in credits for them and not be stressed out about my characters levels/equipment when going to the next part of the story. I literally have the impression to go back to the 1.0 version of the game (with only a few upgrades from later versions kept around) and that SWTOR will basically punish me for prefering to enjoy Solo content...

I'm staying until "Legacy of the Sith" is actually released but if it's as bad as it looks (especially for casual & solo players), no more SWTOR subscription.

And you Crystal_Mind, have you played the game at all?

Enough with the ad hominem personal attacks.

As her guld leader I can attest C.M. does in fact play the game, in depth, across many classes, demonstrates broad knowledge of those classes, operations mechanics, and is avidly testing on PTS.

Yes. She does play.

Redirect your anger at me if you need to be snarky with someone.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Enough with the ad hominem personal attacks.

As her guld leader I can attest C.M. does in fact play the game, in depth, across many classes, demonstrates broad knowledge of those classes, operations mechanics, and is avidly testing on PTS.

Yes. She does play.

Redirect your anger at me if you need to be snarky with someone.

I just said that I doubted C.M played the game at all after I felt he/she doubted I played the game recently and completely missed the point of why this new update annoyed me a lot.

If that and providing what I think is evidence against something C.M said counts as "personal attacks", then the problem isn't me here.

Edited by Talon_Sora

I just said that I doubted C.M played the game at all after I felt he/she doubted I played the game recently and completely missed the point of why this new update annoyed me a lot.

Keep rewording your last post all you want, but if you need to stay annoyed, throw your annoyance at me.

Edited by xordevoreaux

If you need to stay annoyed, throw your annoyance at me.

Ok then. I'm annoyed when people are basically invalidating my opinion if it's negative. I'm annoyed when I answer comments people see it as "personal attacks" or just saying "you're just trying to find excuses to be pissed" (it didn't happened here but it was today and it's still fresh in my mind). I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?

Ok then. I'm annoyed when people are basically invalidating my opinion if it's negative. I'm annoyed when I answer comments people see it as "personal attacks" or just saying "you're just trying to find excuses to be pissed" (it didn't happened here but it was today and it's still fresh in my mind). I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?

Much better. Just keep it on me and we'll be fine.

I'm annoyed that people are completely missing the point on why I'm annoyed I won't be able to play with my favorite armors/weapons anymore since Mods won't be accessible without playing missions I can't even participate to (due to toxic players or lack of players period when I play). I'm annoyed that I feel Bioware is basically making me re-learn how to play what was one of my favorite Star Wars games until now.

Happy?

I hope this doesn’t come stand-off’ish but why do you make it sound like they’re removing modded gear entirely?

Players will still be able to use moddable gear, but this type of gear is not required for players to be effective in any content in the game.

This doesn’t imply the removal of moddable gear from the game, it just implies that it’s not “the best” for content. There is the Outfit Designer for your favorite armors and weapons if it bothers you that much.

I am annoyed that BioWare is giving us fixed stat values themselves rather than giving us the freedom to allocate them ourselves to begin with, but this wouldn’t be the driving factor with relearning the game. If you’re a solo/casual player with absolutely no interest in the hard content, then you will be fine with your regular routine even without the “best in slot” gear. If gearing is your driving force in this game, then I can see why BioWare would incentivize the diminishing raiding/pvp community by adding gear.

Though I will say, I think everyones complaints are valid and this is certainly bold of BioWare to implement this many changes at once but aside from that, it’s just another expansion learning curve that everyone will get used to— like in any other expansion.

Agreed, it is ChrisS. And is also the only reason I use those Discords as well to find out stuff BioWare doesn’t release here or to get clarification when forum posts are vague.

What’s interesting is Chris won’t confirm or deny that only Operations players will ever have access to the mods vendor. And I think he isn’t allowed to say. Which leads back to my previous post that I believe BioWare’s intention is that non ops players won’t have access to that vendor.

I just wish BioWare or Chris would confirm or deny it so we can all stop arguing with each other.

Maybe there will be a currency conversion vendor.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I hope this doesn’t come stand-off’ish but why do you make it sound like they’re removing modded gear entirely?

This doesn’t imply the removal of moddable gear from the game, it just implies that it’s not “the best” for content. There is the Outfit Designer for your favorite armors and weapons if it bothers you that much.

I am annoyed that BioWare is giving us fixed stat values themselves rather than giving us the freedom to allocate them ourselves to begin with, but this wouldn’t be the driving factor with relearning the game. If you’re a solo/casual player with absolutely no interest in the hard content, then you will be fine with your regular routine even without the “best in slot” gear. If gearing is your driving force in this game, then I can see why BioWare would incentivize the diminishing raiding/pvp community by adding gear.

Though I will say, I think everyones complaints are valid and this is certainly bold of BioWare to implement this many changes at once but aside from that, it’s just another expansion learning curve that everyone will get used to— like in any other expansion.

The moddable stuff will now only be available for those playing Operations, the 334 stuff what. It's as if you removed mods and equipments that use them from the game to people who don't play to Operations.

That and the fact that mods vendors on the fleet are being removed to make place for the new "Decurion" vendors.

Edited by Talon_Sora

Maybe there will be a currency conversion vendor.

Maybe unicorns will fly down from the sky and drop goodies into our inventory... I mean, anyone can make up a possible solution. The only people who can actually tell us are BW.

They have provided all kinds of information on the currencies required for each gear silo. Not once have they even hinted at the ability to convert those currencies. The only thing they have offered is that if you do, say, a FP in Conquest gear and a better irating FP piece drops you can equip it in place of the lower irating gear from Conquest. The path for upgrading that new piece of FP gear is still only available from the FP gear vendor for the requisite mats. They haven't changed any of their wording about how that works.

Now if they would just come out and say that is their plan, that when other gear avenues can reach the magical 334 irating there will be a way to use the new (non-Ops) currencies to obtain mods, that would be something I think people could get behind (especially if they could also give a general ballpark figure of how long that wait might be).

I think I also remember Bioware saying the focus will now be on non-moddable gear and mods will only be available for the highest tier of equipment.

Unless vullk.com and the many forum topics about 7.0 gear are not a reliable source and the multiple videos on YouTube on the subject are fake, this is unfortunately happening.

Set a limit to GTN. Currently the limit is set to to high. Lower the cap to like 10 million credits or even 99 million at the most.

Also one thing I would like to see on the GTN is to undercut. So for example if you set it to 10% and someone posts an item for 100,000 credits, the GTN will auto set the price to under cut it by 10% to 90,000 for example.

Set a limit to GTN. Currently the limit is set to to high. Lower the cap to like 10 million credits or even 99 million at the most.

Also one thing I would like to see on the GTN is to undercut. So for example if you set it to 10% and someone posts an item for 100,000 credits, the GTN will auto set the price to under cut it by 10% to 90,000 for example.

LoL, that is all bad on so many levels. From it causing BioWare to lose money on CM to it not removing an over abundance of credits. If you want to discuss it further, try this thread so we don’t derail this one.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=996861

BW: We are going to try and make players do what we want them to do ingame. Forget "play your way." We will give the bestest rewards to those who do what we want them to do. The rest of you? Lol, have some less than gear.

As far as BiS gear, it is more difficult to take something away than to have never offered it. BW, you opened the door to every player, regardless of their preferred playstyle, being able to get BiS gear. Now, you want to close that door. Don't be surprised if there are some mightily unhappy players.

In 7.0, uncompleted Daily and Weekly Missions will be removed from players once the Daily or Weekly reset time passes (currently Tuesday, 12:00am UTC). The primary reason for this change is that we are restructuring the way we present content each week. Weekly Missions will rotate in availability each week in 7.0, and we want to ensure that all players are on the same Weekly Missions each week in order keep those Mission areas feeling dynamic and filled with other people to group or share Mission credit with. This should result in content like Heroic Missions being completed more quickly and efficiently. You can still access Missions that aren’t a part of the rotation if you choose, they will just have reduced rewards.

Isn't every Weekly and Daily area mission currently available, based on a character's level and advancement? If an area isn't overrun with players, doesn't that indicate that players are less than thrilled with doing the missions in that area? And, how will that work for PvP Weeklies, especially with the mission only advancing with wins?

We have been studying and measuring economic indicators around the game’s economy, specifically in regards to Credit inflation. What this means is that more Credits are being created in the economy than are being spent, which drives the GTN prices upwards over time on all items. One of the steps we’re taking to address this is the reduction of credits awarded by completing Conquests.

Not generating as many credits in the game is one side of the problem. The other side is providing reusable, reasonably priced credits sinks. BW hasn't been all that great in pricing credit sinks. Mostly they tend to be priced so high, they may not be used by a lot of players. A credit sink isn't a credit sink if it's priced too high to be used by more than the wealthiest of the wealthy players. And, please don't just jack up the credit cost of items, as that is not an automatic credit sink. I'm thinking about how BW jacked up the cost of items on Felucia Stato. So, do stats show that more or fewer purchases are made from Stato since the price increases?

Another big improvement supporting the new weekly content rotation is Shared Tagging.

Lol. I've encountered players who won't budge until another player engages a small pack of standard mobs. I would not be surprised if this results in mobs encounters becoming spectator sports, with players engaging for the tag at the last minute. Hopefully not, but I would not be surprised.

Finally, we’re excited to share details with you around one of the most requested features of the past several years: Weapons in Outfitter!

This is great. Thank you.

I don't think 7.0 is the doom and gloom often mentioned in places of SWTOR chat. I also don't think 7.0 is chock full of great ideas that are sure to please -- outside of Space Barbie improvements. Me? I'm an alto-holic currently using the solo player side of the Force. I like the Space Barbie changes. I don't like that my currently optimized gear will become weak sauce at level 76, and as long as I am a solo player I have zero chance of getting my stats back to where they are now. You aren't making me want to rage at 7.0, BW, but you really aren't making me excited about it either. I was hoping for something better than, "meh," for the ten year anniversary of SWTOR.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Chase away the solo players... What else does this game have left?

I guess now is the best time to start putting this game out of its misery. EA is losing the Star Wars license in 2023 and Disney wont be renewing it.

Chase away the solo players... What else does this game have left?

I guess now is the best time to start putting this game out of its misery. EA is losing the Star Wars license in 2023 and Disney wont be renewing it.

Source, please.