Pre/Post Nerf Concealment Operative

Emeritus

This is the perspective of a lvl 50 undergeared concealment operative. I am not posting this to whine, and I will continue to pvp in my character post nerf. I just wanted others to see it from the other side. Feel free to flame.

Assuming I come up against someone of equal skill:

Pre-Nerf:

If I was able to hidden strike out of stealth a player without pvp gear I would likely win 80% of the time (probably too high).

If I was able to hidden strike out of stealth a decently geared player, particularly a warrior/knight, I wouldn't be able to get enough health off of them to matter. My lack of damage post-opener would not be enough. I would likely lose 70% of time to a light armor class and 90% of time to a high-armor class.

If the player is over 16000 health and isn't brain dead, I am not going to win. I ran into a battlemaster-geared player with 18000 health who must have left his computer unattended. It took me forever to kill this guy without him even attacking me. It was humiliating. My chance of beating him 1v1 in a normal fight would be almost 0%.

I didn't mind this situation since I was looking forward to improving my survivability as a got better gear. Right now I feel like I can help my team if I am smart and choose my fights carefully.

Post-Nerf:

I will struggle against equally geared players. I will absolutely not be able to complete with respectable players in better gear.

I will probably need to pair up with another player to be viable. I don't have enough survivability to stay out of stealth for long, and I if solo and in stealth I will need to cherry pick players with low health who are away from the pack or delay a ball carrier until one of the big kids can come along and kill him for me.

If hidden strike no longer takes the entire resolve bar, I will probably still be able to do okay and once geared I should be able to be of some use to my team, but not as much as a good sorcerer or marauder by far.

In short, I understand if some classes felt our opener was over-powered, but ops really didn't have much to work with if you survived the opener or especially if you used your ability to get out of the cc. The devs proabably would have been fine limiting our opening burst but they need to balance it out with either better survivability or better post-opener dps.

Even if I won't win many fights after 1.1, there still isn't any better satisfaction than sneaking up behind someone and driving them into the ground with my vibroknife. I smile every time.

People dont care about balance, most that cry here want something changed that bothers them, but I rarely see people demanding buffs if it doesn't involve their class. I think the Operative changes willl be okay; but if they're off and the class is gutted the community will care less.

How many buff sniper or jugg threads do you see? Those are the only 2 I can make a case for being UP, and if a Sniper comes here with valid arguments for a buff the same people crying nerfs will refute that.

That being said, i think in SWTOR no class is vastly UP or OP atm. Some are better, some are worse in the hands of average players.

People dont care about balance, most that cry here want something changed that bothers them, but I rarely see people demanding buffs if it doesn't involve their class. I think the Operative changes willl be okay; but if they're off and the class is gutted the community will care less.

How many buff sniper or jugg threads do you see? Those are the only 2 I can make a case for being UP, and if a Sniper comes here with valid arguments for a buff the same people crying nerfs will refute that.

That being said, i think in SWTOR no class is vastly UP or OP atm. Some are better, some are worse in the hands of average players.

<- Sniper

I don't want a "buff" s much as I want my class to work properly. Let's see if 1.1.1 can fix the ability lag that totally destroys cover/crouch.

What I hate about the whole thing is the complaining. Of people weren't such spoiled bratsabout it bioware would never have changed the class because its probably working as intended. But you have all these people crying and ************ about it bioware reacted...reminds me of being at the store and some kid is screaming his head off because he can't havecandy or a toy, and then the mom just buys it to shut them up....maes me think "wow nice parenting skills"...well bioware is doing just that rewarding everyone for crying at the expense of operatives and scoundrels.

Just for the record I play as a fully specd saw bones scoundrel way under-geared btw...so if anyone should be crying about it should be m because I'm a prime target for operatives and I get killed before I even have a chance to react a lot of times. Although I play as the class and I know a lot of the drawbacks as well and there are ways to avoid being demolished by an operative...I probably should be happy about it tbh but seeing how bioware was so fast to act and appease the people crying for nerfs scares me...where will they draw the line??

Edited by Samcuu