Light Side(Jedi Counsulor) is excruciatingly dull(possible spoilers).

cheeseforme

Well, I believe context is key here. He wants to murder someone in cold blood...who literally just tried to murder you in cold blood. And, although I convinced him to forgive the refugees, let's not sugar-coat things, "the families who had to make tough choices" are, in fact, traitors to their people that to ensure their own safety betrayed their planet and lead to thousands of balmorran deaths, so I don't think it's really fair to make them out to be simple "families in a tough situation". Zenith's anger when he learns the truth is completely understandable.

About the rest, although I'm not so sure it will be the case, I would also like to see some character growth for Zenith when he comes back.

Ah come on. They were families who wanted to not see their kids die from starvation. Maintaining at least decent relations with the Empire was the only way the majority of families on Balmorra were going to survive. Zenith shouldn't be blaming them, he should be blaming the Republic.

I actually really loved this storyline. It does involve more politics and diplomacy than action, but that's what I liked about it, and what I found unique about it. This was the one character I played that I felt worked hard to embody the ideals of peace in the Jedi Code. I thought it was fun playing a character that wasn't always looking for a militant solution. Also, I love Felix. I actually really liked all of this characters companions.

Ah come on. They were families who wanted to not see their kids die from starvation. Maintaining at least decent relations with the Empire was the only way the majority of families on Balmorra were going to survive. Zenith shouldn't be blaming them, he should be blaming the Republic.

That's just the way Zenith is. He's a jerk. I love him, but his idea of being "nice" is not shooting to kill.

Just because the situation was difficult that doesn't erase the consequences of their actions: so they could survive, thousands more died. I simply believe Zenith's rage is justified when he discovers the truth. It would also be good to point out there's a difference between "maintaining at least decent relations with the Empire" and betraying their comrades which ends up leading to their deaths. Ultimately, we don't have enough information about the subject: were they tortured, or did they do it to get a better life under imperial occupation? Very different scenarios.

I also fail to see why the Republic should be blamed and the Empire not, you know the faction who actually occupied, tortured, murdered, and terrorized the inhabitants of Balmorra.

Edited by JJKerryee

Just because the situation was difficult that doesn't erase the consequences of their actions: so they could survive, thousands more died. I simply believe Zenith's rage is justified when he discovers the truth. It would also be good to point out there's a difference between "maintaining at least decent relations with the Empire" and betraying their comrades which ends up leading to their deaths. Ultimately, we don't have enough information about the subject: were they tortured, or did they do it to get a better life under imperial occupation? Very different scenarios.

I also fail to see why the Republic should be blamed and the Empire not, you know the faction who actually occupied, tortured, murdered, and terrorized the inhabitants of Balmorra.

Zeniths actions are absolutely not justified. He, in fact, acts the same way as the Empire. He doesn't care about the reasons, if you dealt in any way with the Empire, you are a traitor and deserve to be killed.

That's just the way Zenith is. He's a jerk. I love him, but his idea of being "nice" is not shooting to kill.

Absolutely. Apart from the loving him. I would happily throw him out the airlock. He is of the impression that you should fight to your last breath even if that means your children and other family are tortured and murdered. He can say that because he didn't have children and as such, never had to watch them suffer.

Zeniths actions are absolutely not justified. He, in fact, acts the same way as the Empire. He doesn't care about the reasons, if you dealt in any way with the Empire, you are a traitor and deserve to be killed.

Exactly. The funny part is that for all that Zenith talked up Gray Star, their leadership, etc., it was Gray Star's choice to put those people into hiding. It was Gray Star's choice that those people be protected. But none of that mattered to Zenith. Zenith would have shot them on sight but instead decided to use them for political gain.

Ultimately, we don't have enough information about the subject...

Exactly. We do not know enough about the situation. Gray Star certainly had a reason for protecting those people and we do not know what that reason was. Did Gray Star know that these people only collaborated out of survival? Because these people could not watch their children starve to death? Because they were actually put there by Gray Star to feed information to the Empire that Gray Star wanted the Empire to have? All that we do know is that Gray Star wanted them protected and Zenith decided to ignore that and use them for political gain.

Edited by ceryxp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

So, in your opinion, this companion deserves to be forever gone or killed just because he is a bit of a jerk sometimes? Kalyio is a jerk too, betraying and selling her friend Anspi to the bounty hunters, yet Kalyio was returned and even had her own chapter, in which she wants to kill innocent Zakuulan civilians.

Vette- Vette does not care about anyone and anything, just her personal profit, if you save her instead of Torian she says nothing about being sorry someone else died at the hands of the Empress.

So you see, there are other jerks too, yet none of them is ever criticized, only poor Zenith gets all the hatred.

Hi.

So, in your opinion, this companion deserves to be forever gone or killed just because he is a bit of a jerk sometimes? Kalyio is a jerk too, betraying and selling her friend Anspi to the bounty hunters, yet Kalyio was returned and even had her own chapter, in which she wants to kill innocent Zakuulan civilians.

Vette- Vette does not care about anyone and anything, just her personal profit, if you save her instead of Torian she says nothing about being sorry someone else died at the hands of the Empress.

So you see, there are other jerks too, yet none of them is ever criticized, only poor Zenith gets all the hatred.

Kaliyo -Can be killed later on in the expansion because one of my sith killed her for not following her orders. So she not safe from being killed.

Hi.

I am not certain to whom your comment is addressed, but I certainly did not ever say that Zenith should stay gone or be killed. In fact, I have criticized BW for taking so long to return Zenith.

Throughout Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne Consulars have been the slowest to have their companions return, having to wait longer than anyone else. Qyzen was the only one to return as an Alliance Alert following Chapter IX of Fallen Empire. Felix did not return until well after the completion of Eternal Throne. Nadia did not return until Jedi Under Siege in 2018, and Tharan was teased in October 2019 with Onslaught, but we had to wait a few months for Tharan to actually return. Zenith is the final outstanding companion and, when taking in context with all of the other Consular companions, BW has shown a clear bias against us (I say us because Consular is my favorite story, favorite class, both AC's, and my main is a Consular).

I am not certain to whom your comment is addressed, but I certainly did not ever say that Zenith should stay gone or be killed. In fact, I have criticized BW for taking so long to return Zenith.

Throughout Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne Consulars have been the slowest to have their companions return, having to wait longer than anyone else. Qyzen was the only one to return as an Alliance Alert following Chapter IX of Fallen Empire. Felix did not return until well after the completion of Eternal Throne. Nadia did not return until Jedi Under Siege in 2018, and Tharan was teased in October 2019 with Onslaught, but we had to wait a few months for Tharan to actually return. Zenith is the final outstanding companion and, when taking in context with all of the other Consular companions, BW has shown a clear bias against us (I say us because Consular is my favorite story, favorite class, both AC's, and my main is a Consular).

Hi. By "your opinion" i meant the general forum population opinion, sorry but English is not my first language and it, unlike my native language, doesn't have different words for asking for more than one person's opinion on a matter.

What bothers me about this situation is having to do expansion flashpoints with 0 rank companions like Arn and Tau, by mistake i bought 400 military gear gifts instead on trophy and even if it wasn't my intention at all, Zenith was my first rank 50, so i would have preferred to have him in flashpoints instead of the guest companions.

And yes, i agree with you, he is a jerk sometimes, a fanatic even, but personally it doesn't bother me because I'm not searching for perfection in a companion, just want him/her to heal well and talk very little.

I am very sorry if i offended you somehow, it wasn't my intention at all.

Disagreed. That's all.

Wait, guess I'll add a little more.

I guess I can "kinda" see why people would find it dull. Diplomacy, politics, gathering allies, etc, etc. It's more like Star Trek than Star Wars, so why is it in this game, right? Well, I liked it, the whole sacrificing your strength to save the Jedi masters and essentially becoming a martyr. It's a pretty inspiring role to roleplay with, and even the post-chapter 1 plotlines are pretty endearing too, with you gathering allies through your inspirational skills alone. It shows that the Consular/Barsen'thor's strength lies with her wisdom, not her raw power like JK/SW. Whereas the Inquisitor uses that intelligence to manipulate, the Consular uses it to empower others.

...unless you're playing a jaded DS Consular like me who killed every master because of "the big picture." The way I see it, the Consular storyline could go two ways: a martyr or a ruthless politician who gets the job done regardless of the cost (also see Supreme Chancellor Leontyne Saresh). I kinda like that you get to choose such options as it allows for roleplaying opportunities. Right now, I'm at Corellia Chapter 3 and my Consular's still DS, but thanks to the influence of some of her more LS companions like Iresso and Nadia, she's becoming softer and nicer and tries to live up to her title of Barsen'thor and a diplomat. It's a nice character arc to roleplay out.

Overall, I enjoy that you get a storyline that's more than just about being a ****** warrior kicking the bad guys' butt. The Consular storyline is a unique one that's about diplomacy, and I'm eternally grateful for that. If anything, a LS Consular would downright fit in as Alliance Commander due to her diplomatic skills.

Disagreed. That's all.

Wait, guess I'll add a little more.

I guess I can "kinda" see why people would find it dull. Diplomacy, politics, gathering allies, etc, etc. It's more like Star Trek than Star Wars, so why is it in this game, right? Well, I liked it, the whole sacrificing your strength to save the Jedi masters and essentially becoming a martyr. It's a pretty inspiring role to roleplay with, and even the post-chapter 1 plotlines are pretty endearing too, with you gathering allies through your inspirational skills alone. It shows that the Consular/Barsen'thor's strength lies with her wisdom, not her raw power like JK/SW. Whereas the Inquisitor uses that intelligence to manipulate, the Consular uses it to empower others.

...unless you're playing a jaded DS Consular like me who killed every master because of "the big picture." The way I see it, the Consular storyline could go two ways: a martyr or a ruthless politician who gets the job done regardless of the cost (also see Supreme Chancellor Leontyne Saresh). I kinda like that you get to choose such options as it allows for roleplaying opportunities. Right now, I'm at Corellia Chapter 3 and my Consular's still DS, but thanks to the influence of some of her more LS companions like Iresso and Nadia, she's becoming softer and nicer and tries to live up to her title of Barsen'thor and a diplomat. It's a nice character arc to roleplay out.

Overall, I enjoy that you get a storyline that's more than just about being a ****** warrior kicking the bad guys' butt. The Consular storyline is a unique one that's about diplomacy, and I'm eternally grateful for that. If anything, a LS Consular would downright fit in as Alliance Commander due to her diplomatic skills.

I couldn't have said this better.

Hi.

Even though my consular considered Zenith a jerk and strongly disagreed with some of his decisions, I don't think she'd ever want to get rid of him. He's her jerk. He gave her a perspective on things that she really wasn't capable of taking for herself (she was super LS let's all get along). I think she valued his opposition. He also has that overprotective big brother vibe. As for Kaliyo, my agent adored her (as a friend). They had fun together, and my agent, being an agent of the Empire, fully expected most people tp betray her anyway, so the fact that Kaliyo wasn't that trustworthy never bothered her. My agent started out DS and became LS because of Vector's influence. I'm still working through the warrior, I have a male and female warrior I'm playing. The male feels protective of Vette and the female finds her amusing. I think I went on a tangent, but it was a fun one, so I'm not sorry.