petition for the ewok to be buyable via CC

astrobearx

I love getting a new companion, this will be so much fun!

Also a nice touch with the high legacy requirement, finally something that I feel is really rewarding with getting all of those levels. Ha ha, can't wait to tease my husband because he will have to play a bit more to unlock her ;)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, a reward for being a dedicated player since early access. A living legend deserves the right to purchase a worthy companion, and let the little guy run around with him so that other players can see what dedication to a game looks like. These are the kinds of rewards that are lacking right now. How cool would it be to go get a red/red dye from the VIP vendor that has a level 30 legacy requirement? Or a crew skill holostatue that has a level 25 legacy requirement. It's time that these long time legacies that people have been building actually mean something other than "Dude, you've wasted so much of your life." I know I have, but I'd like to have a little more to show for it other than type 2 diabetes.

I feel it should be left just as is, it means dedicated players get something truly for them, legacy level 40 and a million per character should be peanuts for anyone who's been playing since launch.

*Tips hat to fellow Living Legend status Founders*

I feel it should be left just as is, it means dedicated players get something truly for them, legacy level 40 and a million per character should be peanuts for anyone who's been playing since launch.

Huzzah good sir, huzzah.

I suspect running dailies may be the fastest way to earn legacy points, which would explain why I am not to legacy 40 yet. :rolleyes:

I have 3 level 55's, 1 level 52, one level 50, 1 level 40, and many more under level 30. I have been playing since early access, virtually every day, and have been a subscriber all that time. My legacy level is somewhere in the 30's.

I think it would be inaccurate to call this new companion a reward for dedicated players, or subscribers, or long term players. I don't think anyone in my guild meets the requirements yet, nor does my husband, who has also played as long as I have. I do kind of resent the implication that playing every day for 1.5 years makes me "lazy."

I'll probably get there eventually, but I'm not sure if I'll get the ewok, because I think the credit requirement to also be rather high.

I think more choices and options are always good. I actually don't think we'll see many of these ewoks running around because I suspect many people here tend to forget that there is a wide player base, not all of whom have the particular play style that getting this companion requires.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if it does become available for CC's eventually, especially if Bioware sees that it's not getting enough use. We'll see. I wouldn't object to that...or at least make it like HK, so that only one character has to get it, before the others can then unlock it. I would have made it no higher than legacy 25 or so though if it were me.

Finally, a reward for being a dedicated player since early access. A living legend deserves the right to purchase a worthy companion, and let the little guy run around with him so that other players can see what dedication to a game looks like. These are the kinds of rewards that are lacking right now. How cool would it be to go get a red/red dye from the VIP vendor that has a level 30 legacy requirement? Or a crew skill holostatue that has a level 25 legacy requirement. It's time that these long time legacies that people have been building actually mean something other than "Dude, you've wasted so much of your life." I know I have, but I'd like to have a little more to show for it other than type 2 diabetes.

i get it, guys and i see your point. perhaps the ewok really is just for those who have been here at the launch of the game. while i will still contend that a CC option should be added later on , i wont be pressing this matter since i got toons to leveling this weekend (actually the lvl 50 trash mob grind last held me back from achieving my lvl 27 jk goal for this weekend). i will bump this thread up on monday though

Ewok for CC

One could liken this to a more significant achievement to help you understand the reasoning better (note I am not in any way saying these two things are of equal importance)

Man A : Worked for a PHD and has got a doctorate at a good university.

Man B: Pays university money, gets PHD

That's essentially what you want, you want the option to pay your way past others who have done something hard (regardless of the fact we're talking about something as trivial as spending time on a video game)

Please tell me do you really think this is fair to man A?

No thanks. We need LESS Cash Shop Items and more stuff you can only earn by playing the game. Just keep buying the cartel packs and enjoy gambling your money away!

This.

It's about time there was something rewarding those who've put in the time and effort to get a high legacy.

i get it, guys and i see your point. perhaps the ewok really is just for those who have been here at the launch of the game. while i will still contend that a CC option should be added later on , i wont be pressing this matter since i got toons to leveling this weekend (actually the lvl 50 trash mob grind last held me back from achieving my lvl 27 jk goal for this weekend). i will bump this thread up on monday though

NO Ewok for CC

Fixed for you..

You don't need to bump the thread up on Monday if you actually understand the point we have all made, now do you?

Fixed for you..

You don't need to bump the thread up on Monday if you actually understand the point we have all made, now do you?

He understands it. It just doesn't match what he wants and so he will continue to cry, plead and whine in the hopes that he can buy his way into something in order to avoid the time and effort required to obtain it.

Well, perhaps I am part of a third group that was not mentioned....I am nowhere near Legacy Level 40, do not have anything close to a million credits across all of my toons, and I still think this is a good thing.

Why? Because quite a few folks were complaining about the amount of items that were making their way to the CM instead of general release in the game, and this is a general release item.

Not only that, it's not simply a recolor of armor or speeder...it's actually an item that has some value and will not be easy to get for every toon you have (not as simple as paying cash and clicking a button).

That means it is a real addition. And it is not collectable, not an item you can simply shortcut buy with CC...good things I think.

The choice of Ewok might be odd to some...and I agree it was a bit disappointing (would have liked a Jawa) but I think it has appeal to a good amount of folks.

I think personally this is a win win. It needs to remain a credit purchase item only IMO.

....stuff...

It doesn't take a year to get lv 40 legacy. At least it doesn't take everyone that long. I hit legacy 50 about forever ago. Far back enough that I can't even remember exactly when. It probally wasn't too long after it launched(which means I had less resources to gain legacy exp), and I took a two month break from the game before I hit it.

Edited by Radzkie

I don't think she should be purchasable via the CC.. That being said.. There is already way to much stuff on the CC.. We need to earn more things.. It would really be nice to actually have to play the game to earn some of the stuff on the CC.. :) Edited by MajikMyst

sigh...it isnt the one million credits i have an issue with...it the legacy lvl 40 requirement to buy the ewok that is the problem. as i stated before, grinding legacy is a very slow and long process that would in fact take months to achieve. i even done a 5 hour straight killing trash mobs on section x last night only to make i would honestly describe it as a "dent" into getting from 25 to 26.

In my experience, playing alts levels legacy really quick... go figure. Other then that dailies are pretty good and so are running flashpoints. Grinding mobs, generally does jack.

I'm pretty sure petitions are not against the rules. I've seen many of them on these forums already.

Pretty sure it is. It is listed in the CoC as "petition posts are frowned upon". Ive been on these forums since the day they opened and petition posts were deleted quite frequently.

nope, you can only get it via the new cartel bazaar. which require you to have 1 million credits AND legacy lvl 40

'Producer Cory Butler has confirmed that there will be a Cartel Coins option for those who are short on credits and the prices here on the PTS do not reflect the prices on live servers.'

unless Dulfy is lying it seems you will be able to buy it with CC. talk about jumping the gun.

No, what needs to happen is you pay a 1 time fee for Teek and it is useable legacy-wide. If it's 1 mil a char, I will be buying 1 only for my main. Then there's the issue of him coming with L10 mods/enh/armoring....closing in on strike 3.

'Producer Cory Butler has confirmed that there will be a Cartel Coins option for those who are short on credits and the prices here on the PTS do not reflect the prices on live servers.'

unless Dulfy is lying it seems you will be able to buy it with CC. talk about jumping the gun.

While I do not want to see it available for CC's in any form, if they are simply using CC's as an alternate currency, but still require legacy 40 to obtain this companion, that will be an acceptable compromise.

While I do not want to see it available for CC's in any form, if they are simply using CC's as an alternate currency, but still require legacy 40 to obtain this companion, that will be an acceptable compromise.

Indeed credits are easy. Bypassing Legacy would be a slap in the face.

hey im a old rpg player too (i played every DnD edition up to fourth edition). i can appreciate hard work and dedication;however, grinding legacy exp isnt the same as level xp grinding. grinding for legacy is far far faaaaaar more difficult. tbh, i assume legacy levels is all more of a log of how long a player have been playing swtor. i suppose i can take a lvl 55 player and go the a starter world and kill mobs for 1 legacy xp each, but come on guys....isnt there a better way to go about this?

how about a gear penalty? or something?

EWOK FOR CC

I've been playing since early release but on and off, and have 11 or 12 months worth of sub payments (i dont play F2P). I'm at legacy 43 on one server, and on another i'm at legacy 17 on another server. All i do is level alts...the only FPs i've done are the ones to unlock HK51. I level alts to 15 and delete, level one to 20 and delete, level one to 25 or 30 and delete. I've even deleted one 50, and 2 or 3 mid to low 40s. I just like leveling and playing alts...but because of all that alt play i have a those two legacy levels above. When the legacy system first came in wasnt it meant to encourage alt play?

Anyways i dont really have an opinion on the actual thread, but if you were interested in advice on how to raise your legacy then level more alts if you havent already done so.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

And yet you said the game will not going to be PAY TO WIN, when what Bioware is doing is exactly that.

So now players will no longer have to grind and play the game... Heh.. game ruined. Sigh, sad to see a big developer like Bioware getting desperate and going to pay to win route.

Good luck. Keep doing it. Why not put those armorings, crafting materials, mods, etc on the Cartel Market! Let's make a petition! Woot

Edited by Mark-JPS