<Remnants of Hope> & <Vestige of Despair> "Light From a Few Can Be a Beacon to Many"

LadyAdmiral

Remnants of Hope (Republic) || Vestige of Despair (Imperial)

"Light From a Few Can Be a Beacon to Many"

Hello! If you're looking for an active, family-friendly large guild that does large yield conquest weekly but we follow a "Play How You Want" mentallity. We are an 11-year-old guild community that spans 4 MMOs with SWTOR as our largest guild. We welcome mature people (13+ but mostly adults) from all walks of life. Most members are active evenings and weekends East Coast US time, but we have members from all over the world. We offer daily events, including story and vet mode Ops, flashpoints, datacron and world boss hunts, PvP, optional but active Republic and Imperial RP, leveling, crafting, and more. If you're interested, please fill out a brief application to let us get to know you better. Welcome to your new guild family!

:sy_star: Website: remnantsofhope.com

:sy_star: Focus: PvX - PvP / PvE / Roleplay / Conquest / Crafting

:sy_star: Timezone: Eastern - International

:sy_star: Most Active Playtimes: 7pm EDT - 12am EDT for most events, but players on during most parts of the day

:sy_star: Server: Star Forge

:sy_star: Voice/Chat: Discord & Forums

:sy_star: Recruitment Status: Open

:sy_star: Division Commander: Yiss

Yiss [Division Commander]

Dexstar [Recruitment Officer]

Dochabi [PvE Officer]

hunterhead [PvP Officer]

Slazersc [Roleplay Officer]

SlyFoxMartin [Crafting Officer]

Merliah [imperial Officer]

(View Up-to-date leadership roster)

:csw_bluesaber: <Remnants of Hope> (Republic) is a large guild, with many active players on every night. Our Republic side focuses heavily on operations, pvp, roleplay and completing conquest.

In PvE progression, we have weekly sign-up story mode operations that welcome brand new players, and veteran mode operations for more experienced players. PvPers can join in for scheduled PvP Nights, low-level PvP nights, and Ranked PvP nights. Roleplayers are able to attend weekly scheduled roleplay sections on both factions. We also host impromptu celebration events including an upcoming in-hame holiday party. View Calendar of Events Here

:csw_redsaber: <Vestige of Despair> (Imperial) Our Imperial side has grown greatly over the years. We hold weekly Imperial sign-up operations that welcome all players, PvP nights, and Roleplay nights. RP is also strong, as we have 4 fully unlocked guild ships and strongholds across imperial and republic sides. View Calendar of Events Here

:sy_star: Multi-Guilding Rules: We are highly invested in our guild and in our guildmates, and promote the idea of joining our guild as a person vs having individual characters join. We are looking for members interested in joining us with all their characters on Star Forge, on both factions. We allow one exception: you may have one character in a guild besides our own in SWTOR. This rule has helped our guild stay united for 10+ years and is not one we are currently interested in changing. We understand this rule is not suited for everyone, and if it does not work for you you are welcome to join us for events but may not join our guild. This does not include personal banking / personal flagship guilds. More multi-guilding details here

:sy_star: About Us: Founded on June 7th, 2009, Remnants of Hope has become a thriving multi-game community dedicated to Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online. We have worked together to establish and maintain a positive image and presence throughout our existence. Our primary focus is and always has been the community itself. With a healthy community, any problem we face can be overcome with the diversity and experience of many voices united in seeing us continue to grow and prosper.

:sy_star: Our Goal: Our main goal is the server as a place of relaxation and fun for everyone. In order to ensure that each of our members has the best experience possible, we sustain an atmosphere of integrity and respect with a constant drive to improve.

:sy_star: Gaming Focus - PvX: Remnants of Hope is here to give you the opportunity to create your own playstyle. We have dedicated officers committed to helping you find whatever you are looking for. We have PvPers of all different classes and builds, crafters and theorycrafters, roleplayers from all over the galaxy, and progression teams. From casual to hardcore interest, we aim high in order to allow everyone to progress through new and old content alike with both factions.

:sy_star: What We Offer:

- Organized, highly active website and forums.

- Dsicord Server.

- Active community outreach.

- Organized PvE and PvP.

- Friendly community and environment.

- Dedicated and driven leaders.

- A focus on both factions.

:sy_star: What We Look For:

- Good and respectful attitude.

- Maturity.

- Friendly nature.

- Team Player.

:sy_star: Join Us - Start Your Journey Today!

Come to our forums at remnantsofhope.com and register as a user. From there, fill out an application. We have a trial process that begins once your application is accepted; give it your best! The application helps give us a good feel for who you are and what you have to say. During the two weeks of your Trial phase, you will have a set of requirements to complete. You will have full access to our forums and everything our community has to offer during your trials! Once your objectives have been completed and your two weeks finished, you will be contacted by the SWTOR Recruitment Department for an interview to be conducted through Discord (or through text if voice is not possible.) These questions range from basic knowledge of our community to more personal, engaging questions about your experience. After the interview, it'll just be a few days!

:sy_star: Contact Us

If you have questions, message our Recruitment Officer on discord at Dexstar#7272 or contact Dexstar or our division commander on the Remnants of Hope forum. We try to reply within 24 hours.

Contact us in game by searching "/who Remnants of Hope" (Republic) or "/who Vestige of Despair" (Imperial) - our guild members are usually happy to pass on a question or message to any leadership on at the time. You can also make an account on our forums and ask there.

Note, ladyadmiral doesn't check her mails much on swtor.com so you are better off using the contact methods above.

Edited by LadyAdmiral

I've been a member for over 5 years and can honestly say joining RoH was one of the best decisions I've made in gaming by far.

The application and trial process might be a bit intimidating at first, but I also feel that is what makes us so special. We truly care about the person who joins us and not just looking for more numbers.

We have a ton of fun as we work together on all the content the game offers.

I am the PvP Officer in the SWTOR Division in this wonderful community, and I recommend anyone that is interested in joining to join!

Remnants of Hope does everything from PvP to Roleplay, and everything is enjoyable. I only joined the community in April, but it has been the best thing I have done this year. I've befriended so many people, and I hope to see more new players coming in to RoH. It also has been a blast doing Ops or PvP with some of the content creators of SWTOR, including Swtorista, and I look forward to being able to do more events with all types of people from all types of gameplay. :)

I joined RoH as a new member this year when I was in a really social slump! The application and trial membership definitely made me curious, but I am very happy to know that RoH completed an important analysis of my fit with everyone else as a member, just as I was figuring out if RoH is a a good fit for me!

I was blown away with the level of organization (as the divisions cover many players across many games)! I feel very much at home whenever I log in to the Discord or the game and I appreciate everyone's patience as I try to catch up on SWTOR after an 8 year hiatus! I can confirm there are activities for new players as well as groups for seasoned well-geared veteran players. I am so thankful that I saw Swtorista 's plug about the guild on a Twitter post!

I'm excited our guild is planning a ton of different things to celebrate Life Day!

From our forums....

Just a sampling of the events you DEFINITELY DON'T want to miss:

All times are in Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).

Friday, 18 December 9am SMOPS and 2pm Datacron hunt with @Dochabi.

Saturday, 19 December, 6:30 pm, @Skywalker17 hosts a community wide stream of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas concert

Saturday, 19 December, 9pm, @Scya's video and division-wide annual photo. PvP will follow in Jae's Rishi Skydeck for a second event.

Monday, 21 December, 6pm, @hunterhead hosts a holiday-themed Slash and Bash PvP event.

Saturday, 26 December, 7:30 pm, @Elisel's Costume Contest, Open Social at her Stronghold, some light RPing available (but not required). PvP will follow for a second event!

Tuesday, 29 December, 10am, Wookiees and Parcels! Come to Nar Shaddaa for some Wookiee hugging and snowball throwing for parcels and achievements!

Tuesday, 29 December 8pm, the Stronghold Decorating contest. Meet at Jae's Tatooine SH to kick things off.

The Secret Soa event will run over the course of a week or so. You will get a point towards your participation when you PM me that you've sent your gift to your assigned giftee.

Monday night SMOPS! @Merliah will post the dates and times.

Sunday, 2 Jan at 6:30pm will see @Dochabi hosting an encore presentation of Wookiees and Parcels.

• 2 months later...

Just as an FYI we are accepting new members!

Apparently we've been running a ton of beginner's operations lately, it's been great! We had our monthly guild meeting recently great to "see" so many faces from all our games in one spot.

Had a lot of fun messing around during the last Gree event for achievements.

We will have a conquest contest run by our Crafting department next month that everyone may participate in.

Love our #swtor-events channel in our Discord, it's really easy to see how active our events are and what's going on.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some RoH updates:

We recently had our Conquest Contest on Republic side and everyone had a blast!

We continue to strive to maintain a friendly, active community. Weekly activities include SMOPs, VMOPs, general PvE events and PvP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I've been with the guild for about 18 months now. If you are looking for a new guild to call him, I highly recommend giving The Remnants of Hope a try. We provide a trial period so potential members can have the full benefits of membership while they decide if our little corner of the internet is right for them. We have both a very active forum and a Discord channel. Additionally, we not only support SWTOR, but also GW2, ESO, World of Warcraft, and even other casual games too.

We are a diverse and friendly group of people that enjoy playing games together. Our guild is overseen by volunteer leaders who ensure a safe, healthy, and fun place to interact.

So why don't you also give RoH a try and team up with passionate and friendly people from all over the world!

• 4 weeks later...