Adding Story NPCs to your Stronghold!

Callaron

I got this idea while playing my newest Sith Warrior, after he sided with Malora against her Master, and she sent him a letter to remember her later. So I pictured him going back later on, and adding her to his powerbase, which was accompanied a moment later by "Shame this is the last I'll ever see of her story-wise".

Which got me thinking... wouldn't it be nifty to have the ability to add certain minor story characters to your Stronghold? The models are already there after all, and they'd make for a good way to populate your Stronghold with something else besides companions (or rather their holograms... :mad:) and nameless NPCs.

There's a whole host of such characters who could easily fit into one's Stronghold, since we encounter a whole bunch of low rank soldiers, apprentices and random scoundrels during the storylines.

The letter in question:

Apprentice Malora

In Thanks

What you did for me, moving against Lord Renning, was risky and took vision. The overseers are beginning to talk. Soon the Dark Council will see my master for the lunatic that he is.

Now I hear you're close to completing your trials. I've sent a small gift. A sign of respect and thanks. Never let it be said I was slow to see the next Sith Lord in the making.

Be well, Sith, and remember me later.

Malora

Edited by Callaron

• 2 weeks later...
Or just pacing back and forth....cant forget those, you know, like the Sith Inquisitor starter regen but without the fx

Yeah, it'd be cool to get more animated NPCs in general.

The Revanites and the Kel Dor Jedi Master do the pacing you mentioned. :D

Good idea, though doing this for all minor characters would probably take up a large amount of time/resources. A smaller selection could be an option. Then we just need to agree on those...... :eek:

I would not mind seeing more mobile NPC's added either, even generic guards or droid patrols.

Make strongholds feel more alive Bioware!

• 1 month later...

The problem with letting NPCs walk around is that players can put items in the way of every possible path of any distance.

I would like it if they would let us have a couple of NPCs per room walk a circuit with 4 or 5 stops on the way where they pause and do something (look at a clip board, scratch their head, call up a holo-image and carry on a brief conversation, etc), but how can they do that when people can pretty much cover the floor with tables, chairs, statues, and so many other decorations?