Upcoming Stream Plan

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

One of the things we intend to do more regularly this year are livestreams. First off, our next livestream still be next week on Thursday, January 14th from 4 - 4:30 PM CST. This will be a Producer Livestream with Ben Irving to talk about what is going on in the game, and what is coming up. Later this month we will then do a story focused stream with Charles Boyd. This stream will occur on Thursday, January 28th from 4 - 4:30PM CST. This stream will talk about where the story of Fallen Empire is currently, and where it is going.

Our plan for the next few months will follow this format. A Producer Livestream with Ben will be on the second Thursday of the month. Two weeks later, Charles Boyd will talk through the story of Fallen Empire. This way each month we can talk a bit about the status of the game, upcoming changes, etc. And then separately focus on Chapters and the story of SWTOR.

I will be updating the Twitch page to reflect the schedule for the next few months. Thanks everyone!

-eric

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,

Looking forward to see where the game is going.

EDIT: And obviously by that, I mean I'm looking forward to hearing what the plans are surrounding producing new Operations content. Will there be more Operations in this game? If yes, when should we expect them?

This is an MMO. Implicit in that is group content. If you choose not to answer the above two questions during this stream you are wasting our time.

Edited by gabigool

Thanks for the advance notice! Hoping to get some word on group PvE content during the Producer Livestream and not just reading off marketing material like during the December livestream. Don't need to know the date of the next operation, just want to know that our concerns have been heard and what you are doing to address them.

Like an explanation on the philosophy behind the NiM loot situation, a State of the Galaxy when it comes to tactical flashpoints and SM operations being too hard for some PuG groups (too steep learning curve because of easy leveling content or will you nerf the content even more?), or just general bug fixes like Dread Council HM not dropping 224 loot while being highlighted. Issues like these need to be addressed if you do a State of the Galaxy again, I don't care about another wall of praising tweets.

Also, any word on cantina tours this year or will it just be livestreams?

Edited by Jerba

I'm all in favor of more livestreams / communication, and story is my favorite aspect of this game by a large margin... but even so, I am curious just what a monthly livestream focused on the story will amount to after the first one.

Will each month just have a brief talk a bit about the chapter that just came out for that month? I'm kind of skeptical that doing that month after month would be a worthwhile use of their time / effort.

Either way, definitely looking forward to the status / changes livestreams!

Edited by DarthDymond

Thanks for the advance notice! Hoping to get some word on group PvE content during the Producer Livestream and not just reading off marketing material like during the December livestream.

Any word on cantina tours this year or will it just be livestreams?

This please.

I would venture a guess to say that's a given, whether it be here or on a fansite.

That's the thing though Reno, I don't want to read our Producer Letter on a fan site...unless Bioware has submitted it. "Official" notes make me happy..."fan site recaps" can leave out BIG details.

Are you going to talk about all of the problems we've been discussing while you were on holydays? Give us actual timing on PVE and PVP content? Discuss direction of the game perhaps? Or will you once again cherry-pick bull**** questions and promise us HK-60?

That's the thing though Reno, I don't want to read our Producer Letter on a fan site...unless Bioware has submitted it. "Official" notes make me happy..."fan site recaps" can leave out BIG details.

While I understand your worries, I would advise you to not worry about it. As far as I remember personally, they've always done a re-cap blog on every stream and even then, Dulfy does an excellent job transcribing streams. I would be willing to guess, information accuracy won't be an issue.

What should be a concern and this is just my view, but we should be concerned about whether or not we get new information at all or just a scrap if that. I would like to know something chunky enough each month at the least.

Really, go Dulfy. She does a lot of work browsing and bringing together info from both yellow posts and streams (and more importantly - correcting it asap if it's misunderstood or wrong). IMO, it's almost always more convinient to read it there.

While I understand your worries, I would advise you to not worry about it. As far as I remember personally, they've always done a re-cap blog on every stream and even then, Dulfy does an excellent job transcribing streams. I would be willing to guess, information accuracy won't be an issue.

What should be a concern and this is just my view, but we should be concerned about whether or not we get new information at all or just a scrap if that. I would like to know something chunky enough each month at the least.

Really, go Dulfy. She does a lot of work browsing and bringing together info from both yellow posts and streams (and more importantly - correcting it asap if it's misunderstood or wrong). IMO, it's almost always more convinient to read it there.

None of that answers my initial question though...does this livestream replace the actual Producers Letter?

Edited by TUXs

One of the things we intend to do more regularly this year are livestreams. First off, our next livestream still be next week on Thursday, January 14th from 4 - 4:30 PM CST. This will be a Producer Livestream with Ben Irving to talk about what is going on in the game, and what is coming up.

Which is brilliant and everything, however do you think you could also cover roughly which bugs are being resolved or being given priority in the game. The current perception is one of "fix all CM bugs at all costs, regardless of any game breaking bugs". I'm hoping that isn't the case, and that some of the other bugs are a touch more complex, however it would be nice if this was covered in the livestream talking about what is going on in the game.

Later this month we will then do a story focused stream with Charles Boyd. This stream will occur on Thursday, January 28th from 4 - 4:30PM CST. This stream will talk about where the story of Fallen Empire is currently, and where it is going.

As above, again about specific bugs, can we get some kind of information as to what is happening with things like companion romance bugs (not just in KotFE, however it seems to have filtered through into this).

I'm not being off, or anything like that Eric, however some of your players have serious concerns as to the amount of effort going into resolving these bugs as it detracts from players playing through the story content itself. If it can be covered in both livestreams, that would be a pretty good communication effort.

Edited by Transcendent