Dread Palace

Ok so i know every one will say that again one more noob that can not pass the Dread Council,i just want to ask how is it possible in sm?i have done it in hm as tank but sm seams impossible i just wiped again and i have never done this op fully (in sm) any tips u can get me?

Also my gear is full 72-80

Edited by EpickFaill

Like the HM version of the fight, 8man is significantly easier than 16man.

Do it in 8man if you're just trying to get the quest done.

Theres usually 2 reasons pug 16mans fail, lack of skill kiting raptus (it amazes me how running between 2 points and throwing some threat on him is hard but that's off topic) - and healers not being able to keep up, they let people get too low and don't cleanse death marks, and if you get to the final phase they get overwhelmed by the healing requirement.

If you have 4 healers independently healing whoever catches their fancy and not talking to each other about heal priorities you're not going to get through it, and this will be obvious early on in the op when multiple people die on bestia, and the drouks in the raptus hallway.

I have lead at least ten 16-man pure Fleet PUGs through clears of this fight in story mode, not caring at all what their previous experience with the fight is.

There are three things that will make this fight much easier if they are present in the group.

• One tank that knows exactly what they are doing and can hold threat.
  • One Raptus kiter that can safely handle him for the first 45 seconds that he is down in Phase 1 and 3.
  • One melee DPS who knows what they are doing and can follow a burn order.

That's it. The other 13 people in the group only have to be able to follow some very basic instructions and put out a moderate amount of DPS. Healers need to be generally OK at healing, but nothing spectacular is needed.

This is the exact strategy to follow:

1. Mark Bestia with Flame, Tyrans with Target, Raptus with Saber and Calphayus with Shield.
  2. The tank that doesn't need to know what he's doing is your Calphayus tank. They just need to walk him around for a bit until the knowedgeable tank takes over.
  3. Your Raptus kiter kites Raptus until the knowledgeable tank takes over.
  4. The knowledgeable tank starts the fight and holds Bestia with their back against one of the sconces that is below her throne.
  5. DPS burn Besita to 50% and send her back to her throne.
  6. The knowledgeable tank picks up Raptus from the kiter right after a purple knock-back fan is cast. The tank continues to kite Raptus appropriately.
  7. All DPS switch to Tyrans, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne. Healers will have one Deathmark to cleanse before Tyrans is sent back up, but it doesn't one-shot people in 16-man SM any longer, so it's not even that important.
  8. All DPS switch to Raptus, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne. The tank on Raptus can stop kiting him when he's not doing his Helicopter of Death.
  9. The knowledgeable tank picks up Calphayus and kites him out of red pools.
  10. All DPS switch to Calphayus, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne.
  11. The knowledgeable tank picks up the Styrak crystal.
  12. The Raptus kiter picks up the Brontes crystal.
  13. The other tank is on Brontes and tanks her until Styrak is dead.
  14. All DPS burn Styrak until he dies.
  15. The knowledgeable tank picks up Brontes.
  16. All DPS burn Brontes until 20% and she jumps to mid.
  17. All players stand in the safe spot which has just previously been marked on the ground with numerous tactical markers by the knowledgeable tank.
  18. All DPS burn Brontes until she dies.
  19. The knowledgable tank picks up the Bestia crystal, the other tank picks up the Calphayus crystal, your kiter picks up the Raptus crystal and one other capable DPS picks up the Tyrans crystal and faces him towards a wall until the burn phase.
  20. All DPS burn Bestia to 15% to trigger the final phase.
  21. All DPS burn the bosses in the order of Bestia, Tyrans, Raptus and Calphayus. This is the one part of the fight that the healers will actually need to be able to do some healing since the burn phase lasts a bit longer as only one boss was brought to 15% and the others will be close to 50%.

The key to pulling this off successfully is the following:

• Review the burn order with the DPS.
  • Mark your one melee DPS who knows what they're doing with Star. Then instruct the rest of the DPS to "Always kill what Star is killing for the entire fight."
  • Make operation announcements during the fight! Use the "/oa" command.

These are the exact operation announcements I make live when following the above strategy. I am typically acting as the knowledgeable tank.

• Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield
  • DPS must stand inside his shield to avoid reflected damage
  • Kill dragon
  • Kill boss
  • (When Brontes is at about 40% I throw a half-dozen tactical markers for all roles onto the safe spot on the floor for her 20% phase in mid.)
  • At 20% she jumps to mid. Everyone must stand on the markers.
  • Flame
  • Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield

That's it. Having just three people who know what they're doing in the group, as outlined in the beginning of this post, and using timely operation announcements is all it takes. The groups I lead typically one or two-shot the fight.

I have lead at least ten 16-man pure Fleet PUGs through clears of this fight in story mode, not caring at all what their previous experience with the fight is.

There are three things that will make this fight much easier if they are present in the group.

• One Raptus kiter that can safely handle him for the first 45 seconds that he is down in Phase 1 and 3.

That's it. The other 13 people in the group only have to be able to follow some very basic instructions and put out a moderate amount of DPS. Healers need to be generally OK at healing, but nothing spectacular is needed.

1. Mark Bestia with Flame, Tyrans with Target, Raptus with Saber and Calphayus with Shield.
  2. The tank that doesn't need to know what he's doing is your Calphayus tank. They just need to walk him around for a bit until the knowedgeable tank takes over.
  4. The knowledgeable tank starts the fight and holds Bestia with their back against one of the sconces that is below her throne.
  6. The knowledgeable tank picks up Raptus from the kiter right after a purple knock-back fan is cast. The tank continues to kite Raptus appropriately.
  7. All DPS switch to Tyrans, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne. Healers will have one Deathmark to cleanse before Tyrans is sent back up, but it doesn't one-shot people in 16-man SM any longer, so it's not even that important.
  8. All DPS switch to Raptus, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne. The tank on Raptus can stop kiting him when he's not doing his Helicopter of Death.
  10. All DPS switch to Calphayus, burn him to 50% and send him back up to his throne.
  17. All players stand in the safe spot which has just previously been marked on the ground with numerous tactical markers by the knowledgeable tank.
  19. The knowledgable tank picks up the Bestia crystal, the other tank picks up the Calphayus crystal, your kiter picks up the Raptus crystal and one other capable DPS picks up the Tyrans crystal and faces him towards a wall until the burn phase.
  21. All DPS burn the bosses in the order of Bestia, Tyrans, Raptus and Calphayus. This is the one part of the fight that the healers will actually need to be able to do some healing since the burn phase lasts a bit longer as only one boss was brought to 15% and the others will be close to 50%.

• Mark your one melee DPS who knows what they're doing with Star. Then instruct the rest of the DPS to "Always kill what Star is killing for the entire fight."

These are the exact operation announcements I make live when following the above strategy. I am typically acting as the knowledgeable tank.

• Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield
  • Kill dragon
  • Kill boss
  • (When Brontes is at about 40% I throw a half-dozen tactical markers for all roles onto the safe spot on the floor for her 20% phase in mid.)
  • Flame
  • Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield

That's it. Having just three people who know what they're doing in the group, as outlined in the beginning of this post, and using timely operation announcements is all it takes. The groups I lead typically one or two-shot the fight.

most helpfull ty

• Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield
  • Kill dragon
  • Kill boss
  • Flame
  • Flame
  • Target
  • Saber
  • Shield

you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Please do not think these things go unnoticed. All pugs around the world are grateful to you and people like you. as long as people like you exist, there is always hope.

Funny how many ops mechanics put almost all of the stress on the tank. :)

It's almost as if the devs did a survey of other mmos throughout the 15 year history of the genre and came to the conclusion that if you can get one or two smart people tanking any fight, they can guide the legion of derp-psers to victory. Healers are their own special category of awesome people.