Maintenance: June 2, 2020

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on June 2, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.1b. This maintenance is to get all of the necessary fixes in place for the return of the Bounty Contract event in June. For anyone curious, the full in-game event schedule for June will be updated on Monday, June 1.

Details:

DATE: June 2, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.1b

Patch note is available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Has this been bought forward, can't log in with unable to retrieve patch notes error. Server status says server is up but has the log in server gone down.

Doesn't start till tomorrow, if you're having an issue it's something else

Hello everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on June 2, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.1b. This maintenance is to get all of the necessary fixes in place for the return of the Bounty Contract event in June. For anyone curious, the full in-game event schedule for June will be updated on Monday, June 1.

Details:

DATE: June 2, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.1b ... 8<

So ... now it's June second and still no schedule for June events ...?!?

So ... now it's June second and still no schedule for June events ...?!?

They're probably waiting until after this patch to see if the BBA fix works, rather then list it, find it's still broken and having to alter the schedule.

Patch note is available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

You missed in the patch note(s) that you secretly took away the comfortable and free quick travel option for daily areas (which are already in the mission log) in the solo tab of the activities window. Now you have to use the galaxy map to get to the daily zones, just like with open planetary heroics. Why did you take away this very nice QoL feature from us? I don't understand why this is something you "fix" (and even without a word about it), but the hundreds of acknowledged bugs remain in the game. What's the reason for this change? Another credit sink? Or is this a bug which got introduced with Tuesday's patch? :confused:

Edited by JattaGin

You missed in the patch note(s) that you secretly took away the comfortable and free quick travel option for daily areas (which are already in the mission log) in the solo tab of the activities window. Now you have to use the galaxy map to get to the daily zones, just like with open planetary heroics. Why did you take away this very nice QoL feature from us? I don't understand why this is something you "fix" (and even without a word about it), but the hundreds of acknowledged bugs remain in the game. What's the reason for this change? Another credit sink? Or is this a bug which got introduced with Tuesday's patch? :confused:

Which ones are you talking about?

Yeah, there's no change in this respect on my end.

ETA: I'm assuming JattaGin is seeing a temporary bug here. I've had a few odd ones lately.

Edited by Eiter

In the activities window under the solo tab, you find the planetary heroics and under them the weekly missions for the daily areas, e. g. the Ziost weekly.

When you click the weekly, you get transported automatically to e. g. Ziost.

When you have the weekly open in your mission log, the weekly is gone from the activities window. However, a new, free e. g. Ziost Insta Travel option occured instead in that solo tab. It worked the same way as when acquiring the weekly mission, except you don't get a mission, just a free insta travel to e. g. Ziost.

I have used this option uncountable times ever since the activity window got introduced, because I seldomly have the time to finish a weekly in one go (Czerka and Ziost being the exceptions). Since Tuesday's patch, this option is not available anymore for my chars. Now I have to open the galaxy map in order to travel to the daily zones. And I'm wondering why that is.

Do you guys still have this insta travel option in your activity window? :confused:

Edited by JattaGin

In the activities window under the solo tab, you find the planetary heroics and under them the weekly missions for the daily areas, e. g. the Ziost weekly.

When you click the weekly, you get transported automatically to e. g. Ziost.

When you have the weekly open in your mission log, the weekly is gone from the activities window. However, a new, free e. g. Ziost Insta Travel option occured instead in that solo tab. It worked the same way as when acquiring the weekly mission, except you don't get a mission, just a free insta travel to e. g. Ziost.

I have used this option uncountable times ever since the activity window got introduced, because I seldomly have the time to finish a weekly in one go (Czerka and Ziost being the exceptions). Since Tuesday's patch, this option is not available anymore for my chars. Now I have to open the galaxy map in order to travel to the daily zones. And I'm wondering why that is.

Do you guys still have this insta travel option in your activity window? :confused:

I see, you're thinking of something else. My apologies. I usually do a weekly in one go, and have only ever used the travel to - button when selecting it. I'm not familiar with this other way.

I think I know what you mean. There is indeed a change since the last patch concerning the Daily Area travel through the Activity Window. You can still use it to travel to the planet if you are somewhere else in the galaxy, but if you are already located on the planet using the Activity Window will only grant you the quest but will not transport you to the Heroics/Mission console anymore. It used to work like that even if you were already on the planet and it is a small inconvenience now.

I am quite certain that the change is directly tied to the fix of the Bounty Broker event with the latest patch, because the bug was regarding the mission console for the bounties. I assume they made a change to all mission consoles across the board so that they cannot bug out anymore and cannot be exploited for infinite rewards.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Yeah, I went in and checked, and something's definitely changed. Once you hit travel, the mission in the activity window disappears and stays gone, where it used to remain, stating that the weekly had already been run.

Yeah, I went in and checked, and something's definitely changed. Once you hit travel, the mission in the activity window disappears and stays gone, where it used to remain, stating that the weekly had already been run.

I believe that they are working on updating the UI to work better with the new CQ's.