The hardest boss you've ever faced *SPOILERS*

Darcorn

The spirit of Vaylin in the final chapter of KOTET is notoriously tough, even on normal mode. You have no companion and the only way to heal yourself is to walk through puddles that spawn once in a while. This is why I make the dark side decision in chapter 7 on a light side character so I have Lord Dramath to assist.

Several other bosses that are also in KOTET are really tough on Veteran mode:

1. The Genoharreden leader in chapter 2 can be brutal since you have to fight 3 elites at once and have your companion avoid the fire bombs.

2. The Horizon Guard in chapter 6 is really tough. One missed interrupt could lead to having a bunch of strong adds spawning and keeping Arcann alive is also tough. The one on Nathema is also brutal due to his mass affliction ability that can lead to a wipe if you don't interrupt him fast enough.

1. Makeb Isodroid-Imp side - not the final boss, the one with all the platforms and turrets. Many deaths on all my imps.

2. back in the day, before they made the heroics +2 instead of +4, definitely the corruption heroic on imp voss.

3. the droid in the czerka flashpoint. I still can't solo it (trying with influence 50 torian companion (healer) and my tank BH in 230's gear with some augments). Still can't solo it (trying Veteran mode, not master)

still haven't finished the "Lost" flashpoint either, but I haven't tried that one lately.

The spirit of Vaylin in the final chapter of KOTET is notoriously tough, even on normal mode. You have no companion and the only way to heal yourself is to walk through puddles that spawn once in a while. This is why I make the dark side decision in chapter 7 on a light side character so I have Lord Dramath to assist.

Yeah, she's a tough one, for sure. Well, until you get the hang of the mechanics, when it becomes ... less obnoxious.

Unless you're that person who came on to make a "formal complaint" about how the main story had an "impossible" fight in it.

People made fun of her(1). Read about it.

(1) The forum name suggests a woman, but YMMV.

^This is what happened to me yesterday.

I've soloed the H2 Star Fortresses (all) many times, honestly because it's just darn fun to do it. First couple times were the hardest on my knight, combat, with companion about 11 or 12. Once I learned the mechanics of each fight (who to keep interrupting, who to hold indefinitely, etc) it became very doable.

However, as Steve said, once they reach 22 and higher, you have a harder time keeping aggro on yourself (if you aren't a tank with taunts). It's still very doable and very fun. Just gotta watch it.

Hoth SF is easy i got my companion to lvl 30 and i've soloed it many times, Alderan gave me trouble with the exarch ghost debuffs.

Edited by Mzuta

I have a weird one - HK-47 in the Foundry. Darth Baras? Revan? Arcann? One shots, and I could figure out most of the others in a few tries.

HK-47? Flattened me about 25 times. I tried three different companions with him, went back and tried the flashpoint again when I was at a higher level and had better gear, read everything I could, and it didn't help. I finally went in with Jaesa and figured it out. I may have cheered out loud when I finally defeated the d**n droid.

The final boss in the Eternal Championship: Zotar is definitely the hardest mainly because of the "focus weapon" attack. If you accidently destroyed or used up the healing stations, you are left at the mercy of your companion. If your companion is low influence and all your Defensive Cooldowns are on cooldown, you are screwed. The final phase of the fight is no laughing matter either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's his face the Hutt at the end of RotHC. Was playing my SW Marauder for that one.

Never did quite figure out the mechanics for that one, only NEVER stand in the middle after his tractor beam thing.

Suffice to say, Pierce did the work in that fight. I could barely get in on him, never mind the bonus objective.

Nightmare Brontes and/or Nightmare Dread Council in Dread Fortress and Dread Palace. They're so tightly tuned that if even one person makes the tiniest mistake, the group wipes.

I love it!

Edit: LOLOLOL I wrote almost this exact post in this thread two years ago and didn't notice. Clearly my tastes in masochism have not changed.

Edited by Diviciacus

Darth Baras. Fighting him was so hard - I had to get my dad's help.... even though I was the right level and everything. Heck, the majority of the Sith Warrior bosses were preeeetty hard..... then again, I WAS used to playing a scoundrel!

Actually with regards to the SW story, I'll add that Jedi (name escapes me) and his buddy who freezes your companion on Tatooine. That one took some tactical flair.

Story bosses in 1.0, way before level sync made everything a cakewalk:

Voice of Sel Makor on Voss. It remains to this day, the 1 solo boss I failed to solo, Just not enough interrupts and defense. In the end a Sorcerer helped me out. I never did it again before level sync. Now it's piss easy.

Lord Draagh on Correlia. I was playing Sith Marauder. I remember dying again and again until my probe cooldown was an hour or more and I had to res in medcenter and run through the map to the instance, then deal with respawned trash, (who could very well kill me too), they dying to Draagh again and again. Rinse and repeat.

Baras. I blew all my money on repairs and had to go earn some. He had his stupid AOE....

FP bossses:

Commander Mokan in Battle of Rishi HM. I have just recently completed it. Due to mechanics that cant be ignored and cheesed through, very hard fight reqieres everyone to be both be geared and attentive and follow tactics. I think he is the hardest boss of all FP.

1 boss of Blood Hunt Hm. I am a melee dps. Enough said.

Last boss of Battle of Rishi HM, mostly due to RNG. because you can get very bad combo of adds and aoe.

Brontes HM: I cleared all DF twice, but still can't get her down. One time we get as far as final phase with 2 hands. but still coudn't do it. I suspect I wiped everybody by killing one hand too early, and we never got to this stage again.

Edited by Gelious

Back when I first joined (before RotHC) the end of Jedi Knight chapter 1 was really hard for me.

The 3 rounds against possessed Kira - going against my bff was brutal back in the day. Nowadays, you don't even have time to feel the horror of it because it's a laughably simple fight, but back then it was emotionally hard and a lot more of an actual fight.

Granted, that was my first character so we're talking relative difficulty ;)

I don't recall having massive problems against the Emperor though. I remember someone on Corellia warned me that I had to have T7 with me for that fight, and I'd been running with Kira for pretty much the entire game so T7 still had Coruscant gear - momentary freak out then made sure I properly geared him before leaving Corellia... and then I did the puzzle and got an identical set of gear for him anyway :rolleyes:

As for the battle itself... I remember freaking out when there were suddenly 8 Emperors around me, but I don't remember having massive trouble fighting him, and this was still before RotHC came out.

• 4 years later...

Due to bad programming - Heta Kol, Spirit of Vengeance on launch. Could not be defeated in Story Mode with the gear the game gave me up to that point. Once the Second Wave of add-ons arrive, I die. Every time, All time. Regardless of any and all comments and advice on how to defeat her. The Flashpoint was broken. They fixed it.

The normal game.

Non-Story:

The first Boss Monster Plant Thing on Oricon. It cannot die playing with the gear the game gave me. It self heals faster and more than any damage I can do to it. I don't die either. The fight is a stalemate. It cannot be played passed this point, so I quit and never play it again.

Final Boss Directive 7. The first time I played it was death after death after death on the final boss, but I did finally defeat it. I promised myself I would never play it again. I had forgotten where it appeared, so a couple of years later I played it again. Playing it was familiar, but it was too late in remembering when I reach the final boss. I tried it anyway. At some point in the fight it's Zap, I'm dead. Try again. Same place. Zap, I'm dead. Try again, trying to do it differently. Zap, I'm dead. Zap, I'm dead. Zap, I'm dead. I quit. No point playing it anymore.

Story:

Vaylin in Mindscape. It was death after death after death after death. This was way before Spirit of Vengeance, so instead of it being a program problem I knew I had to be doing something wrong. I'm missing a clue. I discover it. Get out of the red circle when she's floating. Problem solved. Now I never die when I face her.

Manaan Final Boss. Could not be defeated. Just when I get it down to the last few hit points suddenly the game resets to start the battle again. Over and over and over. The fight would never finish. I asked Customer Service about it. They kept telling me the game was working fine. I quit and move on to Eternal Throne. Eventually it is explained to me there is a timer to the fight. The game is not broken; it resets if you don't kill the boss before the timer runs out. Put the Companion on damage and get the boss in the red circle of fire. Done. Boss dies. I get to continue playing.

Honorable Mentions

Vitiate in Jedi Knight Story. It took a while to figure out which of the duplicates was the real one. Died a few times until I figured it out. My second Jedi Knight had an easier time because I knew what to look for.

The dog-like droid on Chiss. It's just a hard battle. Sometimes I die once before defeating it. Other times I can defeat it without dying.

Theron's present on Umbara. Another tough battle. You need to get rid of the add-ons or Lana will die then you die. Also get out of the red area of instant death when it shows up.

Final Boss Droid on Makeb. It's tricky staying out of the way of the red glow of instant death. Imperial Makeb has a boss fight before it that's also tricky. You need to keep moving around two floor levels to knock out shields, add-ons, and activate extra fire power. Because it's combat you move slow, so it's a bit frustrating and can feel like you won't reach everything you need to in time but you do.

Edited by Hadsil

Vaylin without the holocron dude

Squishy sorc doesn't last long. Switched to heal spec in the end and out healed her. Took like 30 mins to slowly whittle down her health

My Lightning Sorc did just fine without Lord D(1). I had a few false starts before I got the hang of what the mechanics are, but once I got the hang of that stuff, the rest wasn't so hard.

(1) Absolutely a Darth Noxette, but prone to episodes of creepy-crawly paranoia, even if her lover advises against it, so she played in-character and let Lord D go.

My Lightning Sorc did just fine without Lord D(1). I had a few false starts before I got the hang of what the mechanics are, but once I got the hang of that stuff, the rest wasn't so hard.

(1) Absolutely a Darth Noxette, but prone to episodes of creepy-crawly paranoia, even if her lover advises against it, so she played in-character and let Lord D go.

Wait a minute. Personally I always free the guy from the holocron. He shows up to help you in the fight if you don't? That is news to me. Interesting.

Wait a minute. Personally I always free the guy from the holocron. He shows up to help you in the fight if you don't? That is news to me. Interesting.

It's "you pull him out of the holocron" rather than "he shows up", but yes. He fights as a companion, so your character's inherent Presence score boosts him just like it does for any other companion.

As a "solo player" the Exarchs were the bosses I would have considered as the hardest I've fought. But ever since I started using alliance buffs and caches they've become pretty easy. I still enjoy fighting them more than other bosses though and will occasionally pit my companions against them while I heal.

Non-Story:

The first Boss Monster Plant Thing on Oricon. It cannot die playing with the gear the game gave me. It self heals faster and more than any damage I can do to it. I don't die either. The fight is a stalemate. It cannot be played passed this point, so I quit and never play it again.

This is a situation that relies on knowing your abilities. You need to interrupt it's first channeling. Easy to miss - I had to google that one.

On topic: I didn't play pre 4.0, but I think the one that gave me the biggest headache was the Archon, or last boss on Imp Makeb. Instakill after instakill... I had to google that one too.

Edited by Eiter

• 2 weeks later...