Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

This thread needs some objective intelligence.

How about some quantum physics Q & A?

Q: What is the Schrodinger equation, and how is it used?

A: At the beginning of the twentieth century, experimental evidence suggested that atomic particles were also wave-like in nature. For example, electrons were found to give diffraction patterns when passed through a double slit in a similar way to light waves. Therefore, it was reasonable to assume that a wave equation could explain the behaviour of atomic particles.

Schrodinger was the first person to write down such a wave equation. Much discussion then centred on what the equation meant. The eigenvalues of the wave equation were shown to be equal to the energy levels of the quantum mechanical system, and the best test of the equation was when it was used to solve for the energy levels of the Hydrogen atom, and the energy levels were found to be in accord with Rydberg's Law.

It was initially much less obvious what the wavefunction of the equation was. After much debate, the wavefunction is now accepted to be a probability distribution. The Schrodinger equation is used to find the allowed energy levels of quantum mechanical systems (such as atoms, or transistors). The associated wavefunction gives the probability of finding the particle at a certain position.

more here: http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae329.cfm

HEY, don't whine at me, this information is WAY more useful and 99% of the posts in this thread...

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I beta tested Warhammer Online and Rift and Preordered both games and was in on the early access for them they had long ques for Rift but they opened a lot of servers on headstart day, in the end it killed that game because they took too long to merge the servers as for Warhammer same thing. But at least they allowed everyone in on the first day. Now tomorrow I will have to get up and watch my email for a couple hours hoping I get in, smart play would be for EA/BW to email everyone today telling them when they get in. But I think they would rather blow their loads all over our faces and and watch the mayhem.:eek:

Personally I think everyone should calm down, and be patient. THis is how Bioware has chosen to do the damned thing so there is nothing that complaining on a forum is going to change. I put my preorder code in on 12/3, and would love to be playing right now, but have no preconcieved notions that I will get in today, and maybe not till the weekend. I am just happy for the opportunity to play this game again, and ahead of the normal launch date at that.

Here here! for being an adult

So many pages so many nerd rages, this is fun haha! I like the poeple who worry about names being taking. Like really is your name you want so normal that it will be taken within the first day of a pre launch? How I pity you worriers.

What makes it so sad is that said names are probably unoriginal/uncreative/and have some variant of "shadow", "dark", or "sephiroth" in them. Smh.

Okay, I'm gonna post as much to do my part towards hitting another 1000 page cap as anything...

Some people just aren't quite understanding what's been done here. EA/BW could have worded their posts better, but allow me to clarify:-

EA and Bioware noticed and realised that the demand for early access was HUGE. As such, they decided to add two days to the front of the Early Access, so as to ensure most (if not all) players were able to play from the start of the initially promised early access period (i.e. the 15th).

Therefore, if you're not in yet, you have no cause for complaint. You signed on for early access from the 15th. If you get in before then, that's a bonus; if you don't, you're still getting what you paid for.

If there are still loads of people around on the 15th who still can't get in, then that's a good reason to complain. But not getting into the two days of early access that you didn't even know was going to be there isn't really a good reason to whine, unless you're an incredibly self-centred crybaby.

But hey, if you are, I won't judge. To each his own.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

cool story ! i like "first" and "last thing" most .... rly :w_eek:

Okay, so I've been seriously trying to follow everything, but I'm telling you, of all the forums I've ever been on and read things, this has got to be one of the most chaotic ones to really follow something and get in between.

Anyway, that's not my point and it wasn't meant as something negative so just you know. However, from what I've been reading, I do have to say that with all due respect, some of you are actually just overreacting totally, because I honestly totally get how you're dissapointed and how you even may not agree with the way things are going, but you don't have to say it over and over and over again, nor do you have to put out there that you're not going to play because... I don't think much people will care if you are so easily giving up, but still, with all respect intended.

I still haven't been invited either and I'm sure I was pretty quick with me redeeming my pre-order code and all that, it just feels even more crappy because I'm from Europe in a country where we ALWAYS, with everything, get put on a second, third or even fourth place with waiting on things while most people from the US get to play it happily already or just watch it happily already. But still, do you see me crying? Do you see me giving up on the game?

No, absolutely not, because I totally loved playing those few days in the last beta, and since it went almost perfectly with game performance at my end, I didn't have much to complain, so I'm still planning on really commiting myself to the game, the story and the world of it itself. So of course I'm completely bummed that I can't play yet and that it's still unclear when I can, but I'm not going to say that EA or Bioware screwed up, because they're doing the best they can and trying to NOT screw up where all those other MMO's did. because it's really obvious that people instantly start saying how much more wonderful and fantasstic that other MMO was and how perfectly they did it, while almost everyone knows, they more than likely didn't.

My apologies if I said something wrong in someone's eyes, but after working almost three days now on getting my new monitor working, waiting for this and still having to wait, and then reading all these people keep complaining and saying they won't play at all and even giving ultimatums, it really makes me just want to throw my opinion out there.