Trandoshan Qyzen Fess Style character to play as

LEEscoundral

Not possible for two reasons:

1) Trandoshans don't commenly speak Basic, which does not work for the voiced character dialogue in the game.

2) Trandoshans have a unique character model that does not fit the humanoid skeleton for playable characters. The devs would have to plant a Trandoshan head on a human body and it would look like a human wearing a Trandoshan mask.

There might also be other Lore specific reasons (like all the conversations between your Counselor and Qyzen Fess not acknowledging that you are a Trandoshan yourself), but the two reasons listed above are the essential ones that would exclude a species from becoming playable. It's the same reason we can't play as Wookies or Jawas.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Not possible for two reasons:

1) Trandoshans don't commenly speak Basic, which does not work for the voiced character dialogue in the game.

2) Trandoshans have a unique character model that does not fit the humanoid skeleton for playable characters. The devs would have to plant a Trandoshan head on a human body and it would look like a human wearing a Trandoshan mask.

There might also be other Lore specific reasons (like all the conversations between your Counselor and Qyzen Fess not acknowledging that you are a Trandoshan yourself), but the two reasons listed above are the essential ones that would exclude a species from becoming playable. It's the same reason we can't play as Wookies or Jawas.

That makes sense, but there was a trandoshan jedi in the high republic. If I can play as a chiss jedi, I should be able to play as a trandoshan jedi despite lore restrictions. They could make it fit the humanoid skeleton, but if it's not possible to do, I understand not being able to play as trandoshan or jawa or wookie. It could be a trandoshan who learned to speak basic and was half trandoshan half something else which explains the non-hissing voice. They could add a line from qyzen about you being trandoshan and scorekeeper.