Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know what is lamer: Bioware getting everybody all riled up for nothing, the whining and complaining by those who are disappointed, or the obnoxious and self-righteous chiding about how people should have no right to complain by the holier-than-thou lecturers of the world.

Can't we all just talk about how disappointed we are in a civil and mutually empathetic fashion?

My only thought is that if some of these servers are already full, how are you going to handle another 800k+ people? I know about where i stand in line according to pre order estimates and this is whats concerning for me, unless they are planning on booting up more servers.

I'm just wondering... But when you pre-ordered this... Didn't they promise you UP TO 5 DAYS EARLY? It's currently 7 days before... Bioware has no responsibility to let you play it before the 5 days that they already said... Be happy :D that you might actually play it BEFORE the time they said you could play...

I don't think SR specified what "one more to go" means. Some of you may be overreacting. Maybe he means one more to go from this batch, before we start the next batch of waves. People please calm down.

Wave within a wave? Waveception?

Sorry, no.

This whole thing is ********...

I don't mind the whole wave thing these guys are doing, but only 4 waves/day?! I understand most people like myself took the day off in order to play the long awaited game and now we find out not only was that dumb but now we have to wait even longer?! So dumb Bioware...

****! If you did not read up on the early access and didn't know that not everyone would get in on the first day then it is YOUR fault nubcakes, not bioware!

I registered my code on 07-23 and I'm in. Good luck guys.

how is this possible???

i guess this is random after all!! :/ ... i redeemed my code on 7-25 and some july ppl havent entered yet ... i dont expect to enter today but ... how is ppl so close to my date entering the game .. plus ive heard of ppl that ordered this last days already in game ... :/

i do not know if this comments or gossips are true .... i just want BW to make clear if they are randomly inviting or not ... at least we deserve to know that !!

You were promised an *up to* 5 days early access. It is now 7 days before the game is released. And you feel cheated?!

well if you see 5 days will end (technically ) on DECEMBER 19

so they should harry up ...(they have till tomorrow)

smile and laugh to tttttt:(the face of danger hahahahaha

if thats true then i spend 5 dollars for nothing so they made the 5 dollars a scam, but i dont know if it is lawl i mean after all its all rumors right. who knows i dont care i just want to play hahahaha

I can say with 100% certainity that the invite by redemption code is total BS. 3 of us have been on mumble since 6am cst. One of has was invited on the 3rd wave, he registered on Aug 12th. The other one that did not get an invite registered his code on Aug 27 and I on July 23rd.

Either we have not been filled in on the total criteria for invites or they are feeding a bunch of crap.

I kinda didn't bother to read all of it.

But what most people don't consider:

Yes, other MMO's let all people jump in at the same time, SWG did that, WoW did it... STO did it.... and many others. And each time it was a huge fail:

Extreme lag, long wait times, slow download speeds for patches. Unstable servers and so on.

So I actually approve of the waves system. I rather have access 2 days later combined with enjoying the game from the start, instead of jumping in right away, with over 1 million other people, and end up with lag and stuff, which makes it hard to enjoy the game at all.

Perhaps the staggered approach will reduce the chance of the WoW "loot lag" issue on release day (week ... month).

This $5 everyone is moaning about is simply a deposit to lock you in for early release from the original $59.99 the game will cost.

The idea you're paying anything for nothing is incorrect.

If you're butthurt that people will be able to find the game for less on/after launch, then that's personal issue I guess.

FWIW I'm a Dec pre-order, no access yet, and not worried about it, at all.

Relax, you've waited years, a few more hours is not the end of the world. The irony is that there will be people capped out at release or soon after that will then clutter the boards complaining about a lack of content at cap.

Relax people I am sure they will be inviting wave after wave non stop until everyone is in. They are a big company, not a small joke company that would do a staggered launch and then stop inviting for the day, that would just be stupid.

Just a bad joke or miscommunication, I am sure they prepared and will be inviting non stop till everyone is in.

What everyone seems to forget is that the early access is so that the DEVs can stress test the servers for the actual release, they are trying to get everything in order for everyone as quickly as the equipment and programing will allow. Don't get me wrong, I am fidgeting in my seat like i did when i was a child 30 years ago on christmas eve but you need to realize that they have to limit the waves of access to control the info on which they are following the inhouse testing. Bottom line you can't make everyone happy all of the time and we need to have respect and trust that they are doing what they can as fast as they can to get everyone into the game and not damage the equipment if that happens then no one can play.

Be patient, be respectful to the staff, and remember that no matter what we all can play after they are sure that the game is stable enough to let everyone in. That said, I can't wait to get in either :)