Free to play player help just finished class story. Now what?

TheRaVeNGT

I finally got my girlfriend to play SWTOR with me and she is actually having a blast as her first video game I was very happy for her. She didn't want to subscribe until she seen the expansions so she is a free to play and I'm a subscriber. And we just completed the main story for our respected classes when it was all over. I got the quest to head to the fleet and start the quests in Ilum and she did not. We are the same level 47. Why didn't she get the quest. I even got her to fly to the Fleet and the quest giver didn't have the purple icon over his head. If she can't do Ilum then how can she start the Rise of the Hutt cartel expansion? Not sure what to do. She is kinda bumbed that she cant continue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

But on SWTOR's website in the FAQ about free to play it says "With the release of Game Update 6.0: Onslaught we’ve included the Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan digital expansions too, and increased the level cap for Free-to-Play and Preferred players to level 60." What about that? Has this not actually been implemented? Edited by TheRaVeNGT

But on SWTOR's website in the FAQ about free to play it says "With the release of Game Update 6.0: Onslaught we’ve included the Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan digital expansions too, and increased the level cap for Free-to-Play and Preferred players to level 60." What about that? Has this not actually been implemented?

Rise of the Hutt Cartel requires the character to be level 51+, and the "Prelude to Revan" sequence (aka Forged Alliances) that leads into Shadow of Revan requires level 53+.

I finally got my girlfriend to play SWTOR with me and she is actually having a blast as her first video game I was very happy for her. She didn't want to subscribe until she seen the expansions so she is a free to play and I'm a subscriber. And we just completed the main story for our respected classes when it was all over. I got the quest to head to the fleet and start the quests in Ilum and she did not. We are the same level 47. Why didn't she get the quest. I even got her to fly to the Fleet and the quest giver didn't have the purple icon over his head. If she can't do Ilum then how can she start the Rise of the Hutt cartel expansion? Not sure what to do. She is kinda bumbed that she cant continue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ilum is still included (or at least should be) as its before makeb and rishi and the rest of the revan stuff on yavin. The likelihood is that her class story isn't "complete or some other quest is still incomplete leading to ilum.

Having had alts sitting at various parts of the story line (often for years) I would bet there's more to be finished - like corellia isn't necessarily the final stop to a character's respective story as they may have to visit a ship or some other place and do a bit more.

I cannot remember ever not getting the Ilum quest after finishing Corellia. Finishing it completely not just killing the last boss.The various small quests like going to a ship somewhere need to be done before one can even get Corellia if you mean the ones in the class storyline.

I wish I had found a way to avoid getting the Ilum quest - which at first doesn't send you to Ilum but rather to the fleet. The accursed thing inscribes itself into your quest log even if you don't want it and cannot be abandoned until you do quite a few quests on Ilum. I find that exceedingly annoying.

She definitely finished her class quest line as we both watched her becoming a member of the Jedi Council on her Jedi Sage and then did the same thing on my Jedi Shadow. Once complete I received the bread crumb quest to the fleet for IIum and she did not. So I'm hoping if she just grinds up to level 50-51 she can either get the quest or at least move on to the first expansion.