View Single Post

LifeOfMessiah
02.22.2012 , 09:54 AM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamaranis View Post
Ah, you're asking for special treatment.
No. I am asking that if they allow homosexual relationships into game, I have to option to avoid them altogether and have no homosexual companions. If someone wants homosexual relationships in the game, I am not stopping them. Why should I be forced into a situation that I don't want to be a part of? Just like you don't want to be forced into a situation you don't want to be part of? How would you like it if they forced a companion on you that spouted hatred against something that you are for? Say you are homosexual and they gave you a in-game companion that spouted insults and hatred against homosexuality? You would not like that, and you would like the option to not have that companion, as it would be extremely offensive to you. All I ask is that it become an option to have homosexual tendencies or not.

Let's say, keep the same characters but have options that the comps be homosexual or heterosexual, choices you make when creating your character. In otherwords, you could have your homosexual Kira or Mako, or whoever else there is, without forcing other players into situations they don't want to be a part of. You get your SGRs, and those who are opposed to the idea get their traditional relationships, without any conflicts.

They should also give an option for parents of underage kids to turn off those "homosexual/heterosexual" options from the client-side so that parents can decide what their children are exposed to.