Crafting Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

artifice can no longer make enhancements?....

Cybertech can no longer make armoring?...

wow Bioware...

so basically everything ive done in the last 2-3 months has basically been for nothing seeing as how they're removing those from the professions... GG Bioware... GG:mad:

anyone else feel like me? like Bioware just drove by in a black suv rolled down the window said "ha ha" flipped u off and drove away? -_-

This seems to be a further move to appeal to new players and make group content a little pointless as top level gear can be bought from the gtn.

Randoms and new players cannot afford the mats for crafting and they don't raid enough to stack the craft loot either. Progress players could make cash and equip their alts real quick but there is no point to raid for loot since you only need one set for each role for all classes on the account. At the end most progress players will stop playing because there is nothing todo as soon you hit 65. No endgame and content = no raiding, very simple.

Edited by KnightOfTython

I do hope Artifice at least gets color crystals scaled down to level 10 to be in line with CM crystals, and yeah my dyes/crystals always sold faster and more than my relics and enhancements, though I make quite a bit off my enhancements, hopefully I can sell the rest of my stock before these changes hit lol, gotta see if I can get those mats they are deleting to sell, cause if not I'm going to have 1000 duplicates of something I just know it.

They'll probably move them to 65 so that instant 60's don't get access to them straight away and have to buy CM ones heh.

I'm not at all a master crafter at all but wouldn't dyes and crystals be competing against heavily against Cartel dyes and crystals?

They always d but generally speaking the crafted items are much cheaper than the CM items - the trick is if you make a profit once you take mat cost into consideration vs what you could sell the mats for themselves or paid for them.

artifice can no longer make enhancements?....

Cybertech can no longer make armoring?...

wow Bioware...

so basically everything ive done in the last 2-3 months has basically been for nothing seeing as how they're removing those from the professions... GG Bioware... GG:mad:

anyone else feel like me? like Bioware just drove by in a black suv rolled down the window said "ha ha" flipped u off and drove away? -_-

To be fair they needed to balance out other crafting skills to make them more appealable over all.

However in doing these changes what they should really do is offer everyone a free crew skill reset in that you can reset your crew skills to another crew skill of the same level the old one was.

I hear new 60's are getting auto 500 crew skills so it wouldn't seem unreasonable to give everyone a free reset in light of these changes.

It would certainly cut back on some of the complaints since people would be free to choose whichever crew skill they wanted going forward and wouldn't need feel like they had wasted time leveling it up.

I have a feeling this sort of progressive, constructive thought is somewhat beyond BW at the moment though.

They always d but generally speaking the crafted items are much cheaper than the CM items - the trick is if you make a profit once you take mat cost into consideration vs what you could sell the mats for themselves or paid for them.

I'm on TRE and had a quick look. For the red, blue and green +41 power and crit crystals the crafted crystals were on sale for about 31,000 credits. I could sell the mats for about 90,000.

So no, there's no profit there. Just sell the mats instead. :(

I'm on TRE and had a quick look. For the red, blue and green +41 power and crit crystals the crafted crystals were on sale for about 31,000 credits. I could sell the mats for about 90,000.

which will really only be a problem until 4.0, mat prices are insane due to their importance to conquest. And since crafting will be more limited for conquest objectives, prices will fall. I am still on the side of crafting crystals is pointless compared to buying from CM.

Yeah some people's sillyness to sell things so cheap never ceases to amaze me.

Still there are many more crystals to choose from that require much less purple mats - you just really need to RE them from purchased copies to get the schem is all.

which will really only be a problem until 4.0, mat prices are insane due to their importance to conquest. And since crafting will be more limited for conquest objectives, prices will fall. I am still on the side of crafting crystals is pointless compared to buying from CM.

I don't see this as being true because it's usually the purple's that make crafting quite expensive and purples aren't used in conquest ( usually that is - exception is when they have repeatable prefabs ). Or am I missing something?

Oh one more thing that I'm not sure if anyone touched on ...

These elder game crafting mat changes to only get mats from conquest is now pretty much the death of PVP / GSF in this game ( more than it already was ) unless Bioware do something to police what is to come.

By that I mean without crafting in conquest people will turn to the next easiest manner for conquest points which is basically join a match, go have a feed or a cup of tea, get your points for the end of the match win/lose.

I wouldn't be surprised to see people making farming accounts solely for these purposes - how is f2p/preferred work in with getting conquest rewards? Run a dummy toon on a dummy pc for conquest rewards ( I'll assume these mats will sell for a ton too ) ... this is going to be mayhem.

Good thinking Bioware, good thinking. How about you fire whoever comes up with these nutty ideas and hire someone from the community instead as there are a majority of people on here with better ideas and thought processes than what you are currently demonstrating.

Hey, team! Long time no see :jawa_smile:

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

"There will be two new endgame purple mats:

• Conquest Mat called “Strategic Resource Matrix”.

• Operation Mat called “Dark Matter Catalyst”.

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.

The Operation Mat can only be acquired by killing bosses in Operations.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.

• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.

• Mods and Relics cannot be crafted.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.

• Only Mods, Relics, Implants, and Earpieces can be crafted with this material.

• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Hope that helps -- keep the feedback coming!

Best,

Nick

Awesome! Thanks

Can you answer the conversion questions on current exotic blues and purple mats? (grade 8, 10, 11)

The term "Mods", does that mean hilts, armor, mods, enhancements, barrels?

So it sounds like we get a BLUE Lightsaber schematic (just stats, no mods) > RE a SM version to Purple > RE to HM version to Purple and no Hilt/Mod/Enh in these items. Only crafted by Conquest Purple mat and these likely include Earpiece and Implant Blue versions going the same path.

THEN we have OPS based GEAR with MODS (hilt/mod/enh) in those versions that we RE the individual items like usual and craft with Purple OPS mats. (hilt/barrel/enh/mod, ear, relic, implant). Makes more sense.

So.. what would THESE mat's convert into then? The new Grade 8 Blue & Purples? (The two 8's are gone)

• Exonium (Grade 11 Exotic Blue)

• Matter Transubstantiator (Grade 11 Exotic Purple)

• Exotic Element Equalizer (Grade 10 Exotic Blue)

• Mass Manipulation Generator (Grade 10 Exotic Purple)

• Molecular Stabilizer (Grade 8 Exotic Blue)

• Synthetic Energy Matrix (Grade 8 Exotic Purple)

Edited by dscount

A lot of great questions here. I'll pass along some clarification from the Developers, regarding the endgame crafting portion of this blog:

The Conquest Mat can only be acquired by completing your personal conquest goal.

The Conquest Mat is used to craft Endgame equivalent gear. This gear is initially trainable from your trainer. You can then reverse engineer it to Storymode-equivalent gear, and again to Hardmode-equivalent gear.

• This gear is un-moddable, Bind-on-Equip, and slightly better than the gear found on the vendors.

The Operation Mat is used to craft raid gear and mods. This gear requires you to acquire the raid item first to reverse engineer.

• Unlike previous versions, the empty raid shells are not reverse engineerable."

Best,

Nick

Thanks for the update Nick.

One super important question then ... what skills can craft the end game equivalent gear? Basically I'm asking will all crafting skills have something to craft from this end game gear equally or will some skills benefit more over others?

So.. what would THESE mat's convert into then? The new Grade 8 Blue & Purples? (The two 8's are gone)

• Exonium (Grade 11 Exotic Blue)

• Matter Transubstantiator (Grade 11 Exotic Purple)

• Exotic Element Equalizer (Grade 10 Exotic Blue)

• Mass Manipulation Generator (Grade 10 Exotic Purple)

• Molecular Stabilizer (Grade 8 Exotic Blue)

• Synthetic Energy Matrix (Grade 8 Exotic Purple)

I would like to know that too. Since Conquests will be down for at least a month (until 4.0.1?) I would like to get some of the Conquest mats from the conversion.

Edited by Count_Mario

I hope the PVE endgame mats will be converted too, and not just deleted. It would be great to actually have a use for them in 4.0.

I've posted that question a couple times now. The Grade 8, 10, 11 are going away... so one would think they will be converted into something usable if they are going away.

SO.. does that mean we get the "NEW" blue Exotic whatever Material and either the "NEW" Purple Conquest MAT or Purple OPERATIONS MAT. Question is... what happens to those? ;0)

Edited by dscount

Due to the Primary Stats being converted to the Mastery Stat, the following changes have been made to Augments:

Armormechs can now craft Shield, Absorb, and Mastery Augments.

Synthweavers can now craft Alacrity, Defense, and Critical Augments.

Armstechs can now craft Accuracy, Endurance, and Power Augments.

*sigh* synth augment soooo useful.

Best,

Nick

Thank you for the clarifactions. I do have 1 question about the Operation Mat: Will this drop be similar to system now (16m story last boss, 8m HM last boss, 16m and NiM each boss) or a different formula. It would be nice if 8m got some love.

Best,

Nick

Thank you for this, but that doesn't help much when one of the questions is:

Where will we get the conquest-only material when conquest is DISABLED for the 1st month!?!?!?!? :rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

I politely ask that you leave crafting alone if you're going to make changes on this grand of a scale without having it on the public test server. You're taking away hours of work and credits worth of crafting, reverse engineering and unlocks and certainly not making the system any easier other than the update to gathering nodes.

I also politely ask that you not choose a bogus reason for nerfing biochem and cybertechs reusables (yet again...) and instead give the other crafting sets a reusable or something special. The reusables are part of what made these two attractive and without that they won't be. With that said If you refuse to undo this change, I propose letting biochemists / cybertechs have a bind on pick version that requires fewer resources and crafts a larger stack.

Edited by Noyjitat

There are plenty of Artifice-only color combos for each that many players find desirable. So, no, they might as well not make dyes and crystals CM-only.

Excuse me? Which combos are those? To my knowledge there are considerably more color combos that are CM-only. Artifice is the most shafted profession by far in my opinion.