1.4 on Tuesday??

Kalebratha

we typically get an announcement that we're getting a major update, 4 days in advance

Exactly. Don't worry, OP: subtle stealth patch releases are not a thing with this game. The release will get hyped.

And hyped. And hyped. And hyped. We will know EXACTLY that the maintenance that's about to come is

the patch day.

This one is not it.

Well, there are bug fixes, server upgrades, etc. And don't forget, they can use this time to lay down the code frame work for new content and enhancements. Not the release of a new content patch, but rather the prep for the release of new content on the server side.

It would be nice if there was a nice little surprise in terms of customization, but it is unlikely.

I don't think so, I mean this is not the biggest patch but with a new operation/gear mh and oh PvP gear and some pretty big class changes I do not see it happening. If it did I would be upset I still need another 1k ranked comms to get so I can obtain the new elite war hero main hand.

This has already been suggested. And it is unlikely that it will be, it's only been on PTS for a week.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the way these WoW-clone dumbed down games are run.

Standard ops are to put new content on test for a week, ignore all customer feed back and bug reports, then go live with all bugs/issues intact.

So why 8h? You hate eu players?:mad:

It's probably a pre 1.4 patch for server configuration changes and other prep.

Think about it..... they are getting ready to force latent characters on closed servers to destination servers, and it is clear with the transfer test server in the farm that they are supersizing the servers. It makes sense for this to take more effort then just a simple maintenance patch.