If you have a favorite SWTOR Story Cutscene then come over here and post...

Kass

Like the Title says - if you've got that memorable moment, or emotional reaction from a cutscene, come over to this thread on the Story and Lore forums and post a message to Dev Ashley Ruhl. (or start your own thread idc either way)

-------------------------

(Also: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9959549&postcount=1 )

I'm with the keep Ashley employed crowd; even more so I'm now part of the keep Ashely Ruhl VERY BUSY fan club!

And initiate this fan thread, for all those that have loved and adored the work of a Dev that we may have never even heard of previously.

When I rolled a new Inquisitor 10 years ago, I didn't know the amazing interactive Star Wars movie that was in store for me. When last month I re-rolled my same inquisitor spec and character design, but with my final outfit look (which didn't exist as a Cartel Market set at the time), I recorded the moments that were defining...

Moments Dev AshelyRuhl made possible.

So imo some fan love is in order, and here's to another 10 years and a robust budget to help keep Ashely VERY Busy.

----------------------

Please read Ashley's Dev Blog here: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210722 to get up to speed (if you haven't already)

And please post your fan sentiments, show her some love and appreciation, and share your memorable and or inspirational moments in SWTOR Cut Scenes! And hopefully Ashley will swing buy every now and again to read her fan posts. (or this thread will die a horrible fiery death via a Mod delete button - but we'll try to make this thing - there's a lot of lovers of story out there in our community)

So here goes nothing... Clicking: "Submit New Thread"

And let's hopefully show Bioware EA our enthusiasm for MORE STORY!

Edited by Kass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theron Shan proposing marriage.

This.

Best proposal imo, with the best setting for it, fun and completely in character for him.

Honorable mentions to the romance reunions between Fem Trooper and Aric and fem BH and Torian.

Edited by Goreshaga

1. Sith Inquisitor reclaiming his/her chair on the Dark Council

2. Reunion of (female) Bounty Hunter and (romanced) Torien during Mandalorian chapter of KOTFE.

3. Original Class story Light Side Sith Warrior interacting with Jedi.

Taking out Arcann on his flagship was pretty ******. Him staying alive...was not. Though his redemption was cool.

The JK fight on Tatooine with the sith lord on the rock bridge...epic

The scenes at the final (solo) battle with Revan. Awesome scenery

"Scream, weakling! I want to hear your suffering!"

- Future Darth Nox, in the Sith Academy on Korriban.

I'm biased that Sith Inquisitor is the best story among the 4 Imperial Faction Class stories - sure is miles better than Consular imo.

Some of mine:

• Any cut scene which involves my warrior(s) back-sassing Baras :D
  • Trooper and Aric Jorgan's romance reunion in KotFE: Disavowed - all their cut scenes
  • Character with romanced Theron cut scene before you start Crisis on Umbara
  • Many, many of the Quinn cut scenes
  • Female smuggler - final flirt scene with Skavak - at that point he should have been allowed to join the smuggler's crew. I will die on that hill!
  • :

pathetic fawning minion:"...of course lord, we are most unworthy, but before you send us away please share your wisdom and strength with us"

Inq: "I want to wear robes of solid gold!!"

Edited by Sarova

Some of mine:

[*]Character with romanced Theron cut scene before you start Crisis on Umbara

Definitely a dramatic moment. I think it's the longest kiss of all kiss scenes. He's kissing you goodbye and you don't (in character) know it.

• The very moment when the Agent shoot the Final Boss right between the eyes before they could reveal their secret.
    Love that cruel moment of revenge. Not because of the execution, but because how important that secret is and how that is the only thing that can hurt the Final Boss.

• That awkward yet cute Theron marriage proposal scene.
    After the emotional roller coaster, this is just awwwww. The performance is 100/10

Honorable mention:

"I'm not cute, I'm deadly!" Male SI said it the best.

Last moment of Darth Silthar. I feel sentimental about that scene because he seemed to care about his team.

Getting a Flirt Option with Malgus during Onslaught - yeah I wasn't passing that up.

Kinda sad that looks like an unrequited track to no where between my female PC and Malgus... oh well.

Getting a Flirt Option with Malgus during Onslaught - yeah I wasn't passing that up.

Kinda sad that looks like an unrequited track to no where between my female PC and Malgus... oh well.

Considering what happened to his last lover, maybe your character is lucky he doesn't reciprocate.

• Dev Post
This is a delight to read, thank you everyone bringing their favorite cutscene moments to the thread! So many cinematic designers have put their signature on this game over the years, and I'll be sure to share this with all of our designers new and old. I'm so pumped for y'all to see what our cinematic team is making next!

This is a delight to read, thank you everyone bringing their favorite cutscene moments to the thread! So many cinematic designers have put their signature on this game over the years, and I'll be sure to share this with all of our designers new and old. I'm so pumped for y'all to see what our cinematic team is making next!

Thanks for swinging by Ashley!

No idea how long this thread will last, but as they say... where's there smoke there's fire, I'm certain there are so many people that never look at or post on the forums that would agree - new or old cinematic designers - we all have that one moment where the Cut Scene just clinches the immersive experience, and locks in that emotional connection with our character.

This here: https://imgur.com/a/Z3Db937 is my Main, that the Cinematic Team and Story Team, Voice Acting (hell I wish I knew all the departments but just have to settle with BIOWARE) just nailed the Sith Inquisitor Class.

Coming from Star Wars Galaxies as a Master Commando in that game, I started on the forums and then joined the live game when it launched (sadly wasn't chosen for Beta Testing). My first character was a Trooper, but the moment I decided, hey making a Darth Talon character would be fun and Force Lightning is always Cool... Dual Sabers FTW! Became a immersive journey and a favorite character. (Of which I've invested way way more money into than I would ever care to admit)

And the clinch for all of it for me, was the Cinematics - that interactive movie that just sucks you right into the moment.

So thank you, each and everyone - and hopefully more people will be inspired to post their own favorite cut scene experience and boost the dev teams moral if its ever waning.

Cheers :d_wink:

Edited by Kass

Cool !! Thanks for stopping by !! I'm looking forward to it !!

There are a lot but a few of the standout ones, even now, are

The scene where you face down Arcann and he runs you through. On my first run-through, I took the first offer of help from Valkorian. I did it because I thought Lana was going to die, and I was like, "This will not work without Lana." Imagine my surprise when it's Senya to the rescue. Senya knocks off the skytroopers, and I'm like, "That jerk lied. I bet he knew Lana was about to be saved. Forget this Sith crap."

Flash forward to that talk we had before I face off against Arcann. By that point, I had turned down like two other offers for help with, surprise surprise, fairly little consequence. So Valkorian is all "you aren't ready to face my Son." and I'm like, "Stuff it Sith," and head off to talk with Arcann to try to negotiate. We may not see eye to on... well, everything, but giving up half the galaxy is probably worth it to keep that sister of yours off the throne and I'm feeling an attempted Klingon Promotion coming... Lo' and behold, Arcann doesn't want to talk and he runs me through!

At the very instant he runs my Jedi through, I'm thinking "Oh, crap. The old man had a point this time. NOW he's telling me the truth."

What made it such a great storytelling moment is that it subverted my expectations. However, it did it without coming out of nowhere. Yet I still didn't see it coming before it happened. It made me realize that I, the player, had started to take the story for granted... until it bit back. It snapped me back into the story.

Along that same line,

55 taking that hit from Arcann and dying for me was by NO means a favorite cutscene--because I lost my favorite droid, sorry C2 <3 --but it was an emotionally resonate one. I was very sad when I lost my favorite HK and then I was sucker-punched later when I got him back and he didn't remember me. :'( It was good storytelling because I got emotionally invested, but it was super sad. I liked that 55 had more personality than C2 but not as creepy as 51. 55 could be goofy. <3

Another one that is sad but a good one was

when you catch up with Vaylin after you choose between Torian and Vette. When I made the choice, I took for granted that the one I didn't choose was going to die. I even made a calculated decision. I chose Torian because we had a war ahead of us and Vette was cute but not a soldier.

For a split second, when I finally doubled back and found Vette alive, I was happy. It looked like I was going to get a second chance and save everybody.... then Vaylin comes in and snaps that hope like she snapped Vette's neck. That was another sucker punch. While I was never really invested in Vette's character, that stung. I like being the big hero and I failed. That was right up there with Choosing Jaxo over however many millions of people... However, in my defense, you don't have someone pleading for their life right in front of you and act like its a normal to not be moved by that.... I'm not psychotic. Stuff it Dorne. :mad:

Another emotionally resonant scene was

When Kaliyo shows you the difference between the reactions to Firebrand and the Outlander. On my first playthrough, I immediately picked up on the fact that the Zakuulans were terrified of the Outlander and it stung. I main a Jedi consular, and I'm supposed to be the good guy not the monster. The only thing that twisted the dagger more was Kaliyo having the nerve to criticize me for showing her up like this was some kind of terrorism Olympics. I can't stand Kaliyo. :mad: This is not a game and there are no participant trophies even if it was. Do better. :rolleyes:

To toss in older cutscenes that I liked.

I liked the Voss Mystic Trial Visions, but not on my first play through. I totally did not understand Voss or what was going on the first time I played through it. However, once I got a grip on that, I really liked how the trial visions were a test of understanding Voss culture. I thought it was a cool way to present lore as gameplay. I now know that a Mystic's words have power. I understand. :D

Here's my thoughts about Bowdaar's alliance alert that I actually put in a thread at the time I did it. I love interacting in cute and fun ways with my companions. Sassing NPCs is pretty fun too.

Ah! It was so cute in unexpected ways. :) So I'm running my smuggler through the Zakuul arc since Corso has finally been brought back. I already had 10 influence with Bowdaar so I figured I might as well do the alliance alert this time. I really liked it and I especially liked the conversations with Bowdaar.

I had been avoiding it since I had no interest in the eternal championship, but I'm really glad I finally did it. Also, Ioved the dialogue options in my conversations with Bowdaar.

My favorites are:

The one about settling down on a ranch with Corso and putting him out to pasture without his shirt if you romanced him, and telling the twi'lek, whatshisface, when he finds his tongue it better have something nice to say. :cool:

On that note, the Profit and Plunder Chapter deserves a few shoutouts. Here my thoughts about my favorite parts from another thread.

Vette in the Bomb, especially when she counts down and says "There's no stopping me now." and "Nice try Jerks." My favorite Gault lines are when he wines after Hylo revokes his divvying privileges and it's kinda cute to see them get back together. I like story continuity nods and Hylo and Gault (Gaultlo? Hyault?) was a nod to story stretching back to the Bounty Hunter's class story. Oh yeah and Gault's comment about Vette having "a way of getting where she's not wanted. Like on your nerves" deserves a mention too. Oh Gault... like you don't deserve it.

I actually really like watching the companions interact with each other and an honorable mention goes out to Koth and HK-55 when discussing the Mynok infestation on the Gravestone. It wasn't a cutscene but that was many gallons of industrial cleaner amusingly spent. :D

Another cute cutscene was that one on Balmorra with Twi'lek (Neuman?) and his droid Sixer or something like that. Flirting with the guy was fun but my favorite part of that cutscene by far was the droid saying "I shouldn't even be listening to this. I'm a family friendly model!", throwing up his hands, and high tailing it out of the scene before the fade to black.

A similar one is on Alderaan when my smuggler flirts with the dispossessed nobleman Lenn Teral, something like that. Said nobleman makes some comment to the effect of not blushing like that since he was a boy after something my smuggler says and Corso fires back with "Got news for you, Slick. You're still a boy." I still laugh at that one years later. Corso doesn't get off many good burns but that one was classic and hilarious. It's also ironic considering how often Corso himself comes off as boyish.

Oh and speaking of good one-liners, Vaylin and Rass deserve mentions for recent achievements in cutscene greatness.

I loved it when, after all of that ooey-gooey heart to heart the rest of the family and I have with her, she legit stops and reminds us all to focus, "because there is someone else here who needs to die." My respect for her rose 200% after that. Even with the galaxy hanging in the balance, I was content to let that be her moment, and her response was... "No no. We aren't done with the wiping-people-out-for-the-greater-good yet." :D

Also, in Spirit of Vengence, Rass' "The Little one wonders if you'll ever shut up." cracked me up. I expected him to complain or bluster a bit about being called the little one, and he just rolled with it. It actually made the statement funnier.

There are so many others and every time I say I'm gonna stop, I think of more... so I'll just arbitrarily stop here. :o

This is a long read so be prepared,

1. Mine is taking down and fight the coward Jadus as female agent in class story, defeating him AND the Hunter was the most satisfying moments to me in my gaming of SWTOR.

• I did ALL THE WAY dark side against SIS agents, left the chance to die, defeated that rogue jedi and made him piece by piece by a large turret (with epic fight music at background) and shutting the hunter up by shooting him at the head. Also sniper fire to the SIS meeting from above. (dark side my first targets dialogue option, god! I never forget that it was SO good)

1. Grabbing ***** Watcher Two as male agent romance was awesome as well, I always wished MOAR romance with her or at least some talk with the former minister, I'd LOVE to sit on a square chair with him and talk about life. Maker knows he have so much to talk about but can't.

1. Killing the kaliyo was also another good and memorable (aka awesome) moment for my female agent. She was so annoying and I was glad to kill her off in kotfe. She was sadist and self employeed a*****hole.

1. Purposing marriage to Lana Beniko was awesome as well, though I did not get much cutscene about this afterwards, not even a marriage cutscene. Kinda sad because lana is the best romance we can get in this game at least in my opinion.

1. And the leaving the theron to die in Nathema (DON'T DO THIS) I wasnt aware it was that evil so I did hit ESC and replayed the whole thing. Do NOT leave theron to die like that, it was unneeded evil and no morality. Always save and be good with Lana and Theron. The Three Cowboys yehaaaa!

Edited by ShieldProtection

:eek: How on earth have I missed this? I've clearly been too militant with my space bar!!

Excellent :)

Edited by Sarova

There's so many favorite scenes, but a couple off the top of my head are some rather short ones...

Consular on last mission of Chapter 1. "I sensed you're arrival." "What clued you in, the docking space ship?" Female delivers it so well imo. The sass.

Inquisitor, believe it's Chapter 2, when her Nar Shadaa people are being attacked for an item she needs. They want to make a deal, and Inquisitor is no, "I'll give you to the count of 3." "One." *Kill one with lightning* All the while, they're trying to bluff they have an explosive set to go off if they die. "Two." *kill another*

I can never go lightside on that one. I just kill them all :)

As a female smuggler, on Ord Mantel, you sneak into the secret base in Talloran village. "By the stars! we're being invaded..." and then "When's the last time you've had that droids sensors calibrated?" The droid looks at the guy in disbelief and you just briefly look at the camera...classic. Just the female smuggler's tone during this dialog, i found really funny!

*Back before 4.0 the look into the camera was more drawn out and he gave you a blaster, which made it even more funny.

I used it as a taunt on my SW and the VAs did not disappoint. Just love Malgus's disgusted scoff. :D

As for favourite cutscenes, there are too many to count imo, but some that come to mind are:

KOTET chapter 3 Dark Reunions:

Playing as IA, when you find out about Vaylin's conditioning, the cut over to the Agent's face was just perfect considering their own experience with mindcontrol.

From IA class story:

When Kaliyo takes you to meet her contact and you find out that she was selling imperial secrets, a loyalist IA can step next to her and tell her that if she ever does something like that again she is done for. The way this scene is composed is just perfect.

and:

Killing Ardun Kothe on Quesh. Love the look they exchange before the turrets fire.

Trooper class story:

The scene where you have to choose between Jaxo and the others is still one of the most gut wrenching moments in the game for me.

Bounty Hunter class story:

Darth Tormen's bad*** entrance on the Tyrant when helping him defend the ship. Sometimes it's the simple things.

KOTFE Chapter 13 Profit and Plunder:

As a Force user calling out Gault on bluffing Lana when playing Sabacc. The disgusted: "Ugh, What is wrong with you?" and Gault's smug look get me every time.

Plus: The endings for SI and SW class stories in front of the Dark Council are still some of my favourite cutscenes.

I don't remember the Flashpoint, but the one where you get to decide between rescuing the crew, or punting them out the airlock .... I giggled at the sight of them drifting helplessly into space. Soooo awesome :D

This is the only MMO I've ever played where I can actually play an evil character & get rewards for doing it :)