Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I posted my code on the 28th after purchasing pre-order on the 21st because of a stupid Best Buy mix up. Hopefully, I still see invite today.

But, since tomorrow is my birthday, I'll feel stoke to play then too!! After 3 years of tracking this game, I'll be able to play today or tomorrow! YaY!

BTW, some people on here need to read up on what "UP TO 5 days early" means. Derf.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But...you're...wrong...

Sigh.

You pre-ordered to make sure the game didn't sell out on launch day before you could get your copy. If you pre-ordered SPECIFICALLY for Early Access, then you should have read the part where it said "Up to five days" and comprehended it for what it meant. Up to. Not guarunteed five days. Up to. You knowingly paid for the CHANCE to play up to five days early.

If you didn't understand this, you should brush up on reading comprehension.

As to your continual hammering at how they're pissing on an opportunity to test their servers...they already tested their servers at maximum load. They don't need those metrics anymore.

What they -do- need is to see how their servers respond to continual authentication requests as new users download and sign in to their game. They need to get an idea of how each blade performs under X amount of users using the release client so they can plan for their launch date rollout. They need to respond to issues as they arise on this microcosmic level as opposed to "OH CRAP ITS LAUNCH DAY AND THE INTERWEBS CAUGHT FIRE".

That is PRECISELY why they are staggering this.

The moral of this story: shut up.

Irony: when someone makes fun of someone else about comprehension with a jibe including words spelled wrong. Can't we all just get along?

waves are soooo slow.. two waves in 5 hours whit only the first day origin pre-orders mostly (since they got the code faster then external retailers)

at this rate people who filled in the code in the first week might be done by day 3 :p

Are you blind, or just can't read/type? The first wave was sent 3 1/2 hours ago, not 5.

10 people in the first wave? TROLOLOLOLOL. The servers have been listed as medium populations, some even have been listed as full, after the second wave of early access. I have at least two guildies on Iron Citadel atm, and if what you're saying is true they're some lucky bastids.

I had to inject some humor into the post, but the point remains

One guy said there was like 79 people in the zone at one point.

They are babying the servers too much, the price is a pissed off customer base.

Gotta balance the risks here Mmo players are a flighty bunch , you only get a short time to make an impression then they are off to another game.

I played closed beta, so I know what the content is like. They need all the good press they can get

You're guaranteed to get some form of early access if you pre-order, it even says so in the email you receive when you place the pre-order. Whether that is the full 5 days ( now 7 because they started 2 days early ) or just 1 day of early access would all depend on when you pre-ordered. For instance, in the email i recieved it said:

Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order

Early game access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

They wouldn't put early game access in there if not everyone who pre-orders gets it.

Also for people complaining about not getting the full five days even though they preo-orderd like a few days ago, do you not know the meaning of 'may' and 'up to' means?

i didnt preorder til the end of last month i wanted to play the game in beta before i made the commitment to buy the game so im not expecting to be able to play til 15th or 16th im hoping so i dont feel let down at all and i thank BW for giving us the oppertunity to get in early... and to all u whiners out there it could be worse release date could have been pushed back another year or so lol....

couldnt of said it any better i think people are just anxious to get in and play thay've been waiting a long time and there being frustrated cause the day they get to play is so close they can taste it... so please dont be to hard on these ragers they'll be ok ....

Didnt mean to make it sound like I was yelling at ppl for raging, sorry if it came across like that.

To each his own. My adrinaline is running strong to get on here as well.

But, since WE the fans stick together like I said. I will rage along with everyone else. Because we are a team of loyal fans that need to stick together!!

*** BIOWARE!!! I ENTERED MY PREORDER CODE 2 HOURS AGO AND IM NOT IN YET!! WHAT GIVES!!! /RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any answer to my question about the email invite having to do with the activation of your account would be helpful.

Early access is based on when you redeem your pre order key, given that you cannot redeem a pre order key until you have a swtor account you already have your answer.

On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.

its the code you get whit your retail copy or digital copy so just wait til it comes it has nothing to do whit the preacces

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

No European servers available ... I'm guessing Europe is getting the short stick again

Grrrrrr, Are we still getting them today or are we waiting untill just a few days before release before we get anything ?

Developers really seem to like to troll europe for some reason

EU servers are up.

It's a website glitch.

first of all its the 13th so according to your post they should **** til the 15th. this is of course ignoring your stellar logic that UP TO 5 DAYS early means everyone gets in on the 15th. LOL

Yep, sorry i just didn't assume they'd think about making queues for game access.. I was sure this up to was for people who order the game during early access..

I'm also an idiot assuming they provide proper information in their ads. I was an idiot for trusting bioware will not **** up launch after great beta which as far as i remember had same amount of people as pre orders.

Thats wrong everyone pre-ordered so they could get in first as i did the same

Okay..and as I stated...you should have READ.

Up to...up to...sigh. Up to.

You pre-ordered for the CHANCE to play early. You could get 1hr of Early Access and still have no room to whine because:

A) It's free

B) Up to

C) It's *********** free

They said up to 5 days early access at first, and then changed it to 7 days. They should of just kept their mouth shut and sent out secret invites the first two days and then let everyone else in 5 days early... but then there would still be complaints about the secret invites, instead they let everyone know before hand so which way is better?

Just wait until the 15th I'd put money on it, that before they announced 7 days everyone that had preordered will get 5 days.

On the SWTOR launcher it says, "There is currently no active subscripti on this account. Activate your account here." Upon clicking on it, it takes me to my account summary where I have to make five security questions (done that), complete contact information (done that), and then it asks for my Product Registration Code, which I have already entered way back when I pre-orderd for the early edition. I obviously can't use it again.

thats for the real code, not the early-access-pre-order-code

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

No European servers available ... I'm guessing Europe is getting the short stick again

Grrrrrr, Are we still getting them today or are we waiting untill just a few days before release before we get anything ?

Developers really seem to like to troll europe for some reason

I have guild friends on European server, so they are up.