Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

DanielSteed

I would like to ask too from this:

More Repeatable Objectives

Players have expressed frustration with the repeatability of Conquest Objectives, particularly Weekly objectives. Weekly objectives feel frustrating because they can be completed only once on a single character, forcing players to choose which character gets the lucrative amount of Conquest points. We know the preferred solution for players would be to allow conquest completion per character, but unfortunately this is a much larger technical change that cannot be quickly addressed. In the meantime, to address this issue we will be adding more repeatable and Daily objectives to allow greater flexibility in how Personal Conquests can be completed.

Does that mean this is something that WILL be implemented in the future and you're just doing a quick fix with a larger overhaul coming later? say 6.2 / 6.3 / 7.0 style timeline? Or just something that you are all aware of but don't have any plans to address unless the 6.1.1 fixes don't address what it is you want them to address?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does bioware know that on some server's their are guilds takeing advange of the way you doing conquest where they can get 40 million conquest points in a single day what does that say for the normal guilds that can usally pull 10 mill in a single week I think conquet need to be more restricted I hate all the repeatable and now it seems your going to make the weekly's even easyier ?! :(

does bioware know that on some server's their are guilds takeing advange of the way you doing conquest where they can get 40 million conquest points in a single day what does that say for the normal guilds that can usally pull 10 mill in a single week I think conquet need to be more restricted I hate all the repeatable and now it seems your going to make the weekly's even easyier ?! :(

Making it MORE restrictive will kill smaller guilds. There is a point in which the numbers are insurmountable. 10 people can't, and shouldn't be able to compete with 100 people. If you restrict it more than it already is... those ten people will just join the 10 and call it a day. And they are making some of these changes to address the taking advantage of the XP->CQP Conversion. Hence why the XP Nerf is incoming.

Making it MORE restrictive will kill smaller guilds. There is a point in which the numbers are insurmountable. 10 people can't, and shouldn't be able to compete with 100 people. If you restrict it more than it already is... those ten people will just join the 10 and call it a day. And they are making some of these changes to address the taking advantage of the XP->CQP Conversion. Hence why the XP Nerf is incoming.

This, yes. As I said, my 3-6 person guild will never be competitive with the huge ones. And since the changes that no longer require you to be in the top 10, I'm fine with that.

It's time for BW to accept that fact too, and rather than silly measures like restricting cq objectives by legacy, which hurts my small guild and does absolutely nothing to the large ones, make the objectives per character. If the LBLOs of back in the day were too much like the current KP farm require multiple boss completion.

The legacy daily objectives were BW throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and stating one purpose while having a seeming hidden agenda to boot.

This, yes. As I said, my 3-6 person guild will never be competitive with the huge ones. And since the changes that no longer require you to be in the top 10, I'm fine with that.

It's time for BW to accept that fact too, and rather than silly measures like restricting cq objectives by legacy, which hurts my small guild and does absolutely nothing to the large ones, make the objectives per character. If the LBLOs of back in the day were too much like the current KP farm require multiple boss completion.

The legacy daily objectives were BW throwing out the baby with the bathwater, and stating one purpose while having a seeming hidden agenda to boot.

I have said for a long time that the once per day per legacy objectives are the ones that really hurt. The OP Trash farming was seen on PTS, and was brought up that you could do that, but it wasn't addressed then. I think someone even said that removing the Trash completely, or just removing XP from the Ops mobs would take care of it. The rest of conquest was in a pretty good state, still needed some help, but the incoming XP nerf is going to be bigger than I think they realize for those of us that don't do OPs Trash Farming. Rectify the XP nerf with allowing 25% Stronghold Bonus from each unigue stronghold and I would be ecstatic! Though i know that would hurt those that don't have all 9 strongholds..... The strongholds would just add to the money sink though....

I have said for a long time that the once per day per legacy objectives are the ones that really hurt. The OP Trash farming was seen on PTS, and was brought up that you could do that, but it wasn't addressed then. I think someone even said that removing the Trash completely, or just removing XP from the Ops mobs would take care of it. The rest of conquest was in a pretty good state, still needed some help, but the incoming XP nerf is going to be bigger than I think they realize for those of us that don't do OPs Trash Farming. Rectify the XP nerf with allowing 25% Stronghold Bonus from each unigue stronghold and I would be ecstatic! Though i know that would hurt those that don't have all 9 strongholds..... The strongholds would just add to the money sink though....

I too have been screaming about the legacy objectives since it was changed. Find the old thread on conquest changes and you'll see me there pissing and moaning.

But please, no more credit sinks. I've spent 297 million credits on just this expansion as it is. And for all that, I have a total of 1 spec (guardian tank) in max everything. Not counting stims and adrenals for alts, because I cant afford to level biochem on all of them, and I cant afford the mats to get my guild crafter the ability to mass produce the one use ones, and I have better things to do with my limited playtime than grind mats.

Grind mats, grind credits, at what point am I allowed to just have fun with my friends playing our way?

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!

I too have been screaming about the legacy objectives since it was changed. Find the old thread on conquest changes and you'll see me there pissing and moaning.

But please, no more credit sinks. I've spent 297 million credits on just this expansion as it is. And for all that, I have a total of 1 spec (guardian tank) in max everything. Not counting stims and adrenals for alts, because I cant afford to level biochem on all of them, and I cant afford the mats to get my guild crafter the ability to mass produce the one use ones, and I have better things to do with my limited playtime than grind mats.

Grind mats, grind credits, at what point am I allowed to just have fun with my friends playing our way?

I know you have. I have been right there with you on a lot of these things as well. I have not dropped that much, but I am definitely up near the 175Mil range this xpac. At some point, it would be nice to get back to having time for fun.

Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Glad too see we will be able to see them. Thank you.

Hey everyone,

No love for the pvpers?

I am glad this is making it to PTS.

I would like an end to the radio silence on lingering issues with amplifiers, crafting, randomness in mods, burdensome credit sinks, bugged ops entry, do I really need to go on?

I'm really not seeing any positives to the conquest changes. Going to an objective from the conquest window? Well, ops and fp's require a group so gf works for those, world bosses you send someone there first to make sure it's up and then summon, and planetary heroics you just use the heroic transport. This seems like it's as needed as the taxis added to fleet.

The conquest changes based on level means I'll never try to get conquest on a lowbie again.

I remember how the mantra of more objectives each week was stressed a few months ago and we got the Eternal Championship added each week. We also lost galactic rampage so overall it became harder to get conquest, not easier.

I have to admit I joined KP farm groups last week and it was fantastic. I got conquest done and out of the way the first couple of days and spent the rest of the week enjoying the game. I got my baby jedi up to level 30, and started a new sith. No stress feeling I had to run certain fp's or do heroics on certain planets to get rampage totals.

Unless the new objectives are something like how the pirate event first was with each Balmorra/Taris heroic counting for conquest, all these changes are negative.

Not really seeing the benefit in level tiers for conquests. Levels come and go so fast, that you will easily outlevel your tier while running the conquest, IMO it just discourages running anything on low level characters. Personally, never had an issue hitting CQ on low level characters, often even without trying.

I think just adding more objectives would be sufficient to provide alternatives for characters that cannot meet some higher level stuff like Operations of MMFP (or perhaps just hide those objectives that you cannot do at your level, we know you have the ability to hide or show certain objectives based on Ossus choice)

The tiered rewards are looking especially bad and useless, given of how much stuff has been tied to legacy with 6.0. And as UlaVii said, the credit certificates really need to be bumped up, given how expensive everything has become in (IMO, futile) efforts to combat hoarders with billions of credits on each characters.

I'm really really not a fan of the reward changes. It's actually a good idea in theory, since currently lower level players just don't get the gear box or tech fragments straight up with nothing to make up for them, but the execution is where it fails. It seems like it will, ultimately, punish players doing conquest on lower level alts. The exp changes have the potential to make it harder to reach the conquest goal now with those lower level characters, and then on top of that they definitely get worse rewards overall that don't contribute nearly as much to a player's legacy.

Personally, in my opinion, there's one major that could made here to alleviate that:

Every reward range needs to include Solid Resource Matrices and a 25k credit chip

There's no reason for these things to differ. Being lower level doesn't make conquest easier (and could very well make it harder if the objective changes don't make up for the loss of xp conquest points), so why should you get less rewards for doing it? The gear box not being rewarded at lower levels makes sense (although the level 1-49 range should also include a heroic gear box, why do they not get that?), but resources and credits are useful at all levels, if for nothing more than something to trade for what you actually need. Add the legacy and guild aspects of conquest into the mix and I see no good reason to reward lower level players with less credits and none of the SRMs.

That 100% needs to be changed before this goes live.

One other thing I want to mention, while I'm looking these over, is kind of the opposite of this. The objective level range should not punish higher level players either. What do I mean by this? Don't remove heroics or planetary rampages from the 71-75 range due to more dailies/flashpoints/ops to run, or make lower level flashpoints exclusive to the lower ranges, etc. These changes should give lower level characters more options, not remove options from higher level players. So however that needs to be done, perhaps adding critical mission objectives for heroics for lower level players or adding additional heroic/rampage objectives for lower level players, do it that way. Don't remove options from higher level players. It would completely counteract adding more objectives and make these changes overall a nerf to conquest for a lot of people, which wouldn't be fun at all.

That second one there is more anxiety about these changes than anything else, but I felt it was necessary to make it known now as opposed to waiting until it may be too late to change. If the rewards can be addressed and the objectives are done right, I do think these will be positive changes, but right now I'm anxious given how previous conquest changes have been.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Please please please return the Galactic Rampage. It was added very specifically so you can get conquest faster on a given toon.

Also, I've noticed in several of the conquest weeks that the daily repeatables are just gone, not just from the Pirate Incursion but all of them. Dread War's Oricon Dailies infinite repeatable is gone. Gree Event: Daily Mission Iokath is gone. Rakghoul Resurgence for Corellia and Tatooine: Daily Mission Black Hole is gone. Rakghoul Resurgence for Alderaan: Daily Missions Ossus is gone. And those are on ones I've actually checked. The weeklies for those are still listed for once per week. While tedious at times, running some of those dailies planets repeatedly is something I enjoyed. So having the dailies no longer there for infinitely repeatable conquest objectives hurt a ton. If the weekly is there, the dailies should be infinitely repeatable. Same for heroics. Every single heroic on a planet should be an infinitely repeatable objective if it's listed, not once per day per legacy. I don't care if they are only 1000 conquest points for infinitely repeatable (though I wouldn't say no to them being higher). At least I can run them on every single toon if I so desired in a day every day. You all said that conquest was supposed to be easier, so stop taking away infinitely repeatable objectives. Give them back to us and give us more of them. And a sore spot for me because I actually enjoy the space on rails missions from my own ship, give us some conquest objective love with that. Like, completing any space mission is a lowest yield infinitely repeatable. Completing Operation X is a higher yield infinitely repeatable.

And for the love of leveling, don't lock a toon to their start level of the week to the conquest rewards. I get if receiving conquest rewards pushes you up a level but gives you the lower tier you just left (like killing a flashpoint boss levels you to 75 but drops you level 70-74 loot because of the processing order of things on the servers), but if I get to the next tier, I want that tier's rewards. And just leave the credit chits alone at 25K regardless of tier. And, as I said in a previous post, please leave endgame crafting material available for all levels. I know if I were levelling my very first toon and knew I wanted to the best augments in the game, I'd be saving all of those solid resource matrices I get from doing conquest every week while leveling. I wouldn't want to have to wait until I get to 75 to start getting them. It's punishing new players who I would like to draw upon into introducing them into endgame content like ops and stuff, and if they show potential, into a prog group. If I tell them that they can get materials they need for augments from the get go, they stand a higher chance of sticking around.

So, that's my two cents. Or, well, two dollars.

Why bother? They have already made it near impossible for a new player to do anything meaningful with credits because they can not get them by playing the game "as intended". With their single minded crusade against those that have managed to accumulate hundreds of millions of credits, they are quickly driving the less flush players to 3rd party solutions to be able to do what they want. At least "the other company" came up with a way to (mostly) combat 3rd party effectiveness. BW just does not get it, nor do they seem to care to get a clue any time soon.

I believe more players are just silently leaving the game or going preferred instead of using 3rd party credit services. My sister has basically quit since 6.0.1 (she would never use 3rd party).

This game is such a huge credit sink now and too expensive in credits for casual or new players. Plus the gearing bugs that still haven’t been rectified and the last changes to conquest have made her quit. I’m not sure how many more times she’ll come back. She said this was the last time,

These sound like good changes to conquest! I'm looking forward to them.

Since you're adding set bonuses, I hope the next update will also fix the broken Lord of Pain set bonus (which doesn't shorten the mass taunt).

I am glad this is making it to PTS.

I would like an end to the radio silence on lingering issues with amplifiers, crafting, randomness in mods, burdensome credit sinks, bugged ops entry, do I really need to go on?

And the continued gear bugs that still have not been rectified and we’ve had complete silence from Bioware in their own official thread for feed back. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=972158

What is happening with this??

I believe more players are just silently leaving the game or going preferred instead of using 3rd party credit services. My sister has basically quit since 6.0.1 (she would never use 3rd party).

This game is such a huge credit sink now and too expensive in credits for casual or new players. Plus the gearing bugs that still haven’t been rectified and the last changes to conquest have made her quit. I’m not sure how many more times she’ll come back. She said this was the last time,

This is just another post of good false information...

Do you have any data to back up your claims ?

Also, casual new players... don't need credits for anything in this game and quite frankly if you play casually, you don't need more than a few mil credits, WHICH you can easily get by doing regular content and heroics.

It's expensive for anyone looking to play some serious endgame and want to properly gear up and min max multiple alts, something a casual.. doesn't need to do at all.

Of course he/she doesnt have data to back their claims. No one does, except maybe BW and they're hardly likely to share that information with us.

That said, I think it's a fair assumption that people come and go to/from a game like this fairly regularly.

This is just another post of good false information...

Do you have any data to back up your claims ?

Why ask for things you know are never going to be publicly disclosed? Just watching the last played by legacy in large guilds give you the closest you'll get to "facts".

Also, casual new players... don't need credits for anything in this game and quite frankly if you play casually, you don't need more than a few mil credits, WHICH you can easily get by doing regular content and heroics.

It's expensive for anyone looking to play some serious endgame and want to properly gear up and min max multiple alts, something a casual.. doesn't need to do at all.

Not true, still many that like to play space barbie with outfits, or barbie dream house with strong holds, and outfits/decorations are still rather costly credit wise.

Even crafting (sucktastic as it is atm) is still a credit sink.

What one calls easy, with time and effort, another does not have/want the play time to dedicate to farming heroics/fp's/etc just to get the credits to do such things. And no, I am not going into the RL money sink of the cartel market for such things. Most "casuals" wont spend RL money on such things.

Not sure if this belongs here or not but here it is....

It's Tuesday night. I have logged onto all my characters that reached their personal conquest goals the previous week and because I've ranked in the top 10 of whatever planet my guild choose to conquer, I now have 10,000 Tech Frags and nowhere to spend them on until Friday when that guy, Kai Zykken, shows up on the fleet that sells unique items.

For the next 3 days I have to see that RED warning sign that says I've reached my limit on Tech Frags EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to deconstruct stuff out of my inventory.

Can we have that vendor on the fleet full time? That way I can purchase the Unidentified Unique Item whenever I need to, like now since I'm at 10,000 tech frags. He can still change his other items that he sells every Friday but at least give us something to spend them on other than the deco's on Ossos.

Filthy casual with a ton of alts and not a ton of time here.

1. Level-based rewards sound...frankly not good. As many people've already said, SRM is rare enough and necessary enough for crafting. Removing it from low-lvl alts will just make it even more rare...and lo and behold, people will go to GTN to buy Matrices, thus increasing already not shy amount of creds GTN moguls have.

Am I mistaken or were we combating GTN moguls and their unfair profiteering?

Also, if I complete a cq I want to feel rewarded, not hit in my face by the fact I happened to start it before achieving good level.

2. From the filthy casual point of view, cutting down exp to cxp rate will not impact those who farm that much as us filthy casuals. I mean those people are already set to grind to their heart's content and they'll find a way to do it even if you cut down their easiest avenue to success.

Otoh the person who has less time is usually prone to seeking some actual story content, thus vet fp or sm ops are their vehicle of choice to get points and go back to class and dlc chapters. And you certainly know well that both heavily depend on conversion rate.

3. Even a filthy casuals like to share in endgame content from time to time. Ofc we cannot afford NiM ops but right now it seems we are to be stealth-banned from SM ops and MM fps as well: cq was our main avenue to getting good gear after all.

4. Tangent 1: speaking of stealth, this game has enough ways to punish those fools who chose stealth classes already. Y'know, people tend to roll a character that can avoid fight for a certain reason, and it's kinda counter-intuitive to make those people barge straight into fighting (or lose the game that no one should lose by design).

5. Tangent 2: wouldn't it be better if you fix the crates instead so that they'll give gear REALLY "higher or equal rating" as you promised? The amount of 276 I get on 292 geared toon is not only jarring but frankly rage-inducing.

6. LOVED the idea to get straight to cq objectives.

It's Tuesday night. I have logged onto all my characters that reached their personal conquest goals the previous week and because I've ranked in the top 10 of whatever planet my guild choose to conquer, I now have 10,000 Tech Frags and nowhere to spend them on until Friday when that guy, Kai Zykken, shows up on the fleet that sells unique items.

For the next 3 days I have to see that RED warning sign that says I've reached my limit on Tech Frags EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to deconstruct stuff out of my inventory.

Can we have that vendor on the fleet full time? That way I can purchase the Unidentified Unique Item whenever I need to, like now since I'm at 10,000 tech frags. He can still change his other items that he sells every Friday but at least give us something to spend them on other than the deco's on Ossos.

First of all it doesn't matter if your guild is in the top 10 or not. you got your tech fragments for the guild hitting the guild goal for whichever planet your on. As for hitting the cap already, so spend some of the Tech Fragments on something. you know you'll get more by Friday when the Kai Zykken vendor becomes active.

Buy Items for alts, or even just use them to buy the rxp boosts. Think there may also be decos you can buy with them (Ossus?) If you can't do any of that, just buy 1000 tech pieces worth of stuf, and vendor it, better than wasting tech frags

Edited by DarkTergon