KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

The one thing this tells me is that sadly, not all companions will be able to be recruited by all classes.

I really wanted to hook all my characters up with Guss Tuno and Gault. :(

I would like to unite companions that actually know each other.

Vette and Risha

Jorgen and Irresso

Doc and Kaliyo

Qzen and Mako

It was the nice touches that made each class seem like they were all sort of interconnected.

Edited by Nickious

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, thanks for the new info, and I really am interested in seeing where this new story goes!

That said, in the RP community I'm a part of (and I figure this is mirrored with a lot of others who are really into the RP scene), there's this real worry about the time skip. One has been confirmed as part of an IGN interview with your producer, and time skips are a... difficult thing to weave into RP stories, especially if they're significant time jumps.

If its a few months of a time skip, then that's fairly easy to deal with. But if it gets into years, or even decades, then there's the question of what happened to our RP characters, because it'd be silly to have them ALL get frozen in carbonite or what have you.

The longer the time jump, the more has to be done. We'll need to wrap up our current plots, figure out where they'll be in the world of the new content and what they were up to in the interim years. There's great potential for it, no question, but just knowing how much of a time skip we're looking at would be enormously helpful when it comes to figuring out how we're going to handle it.

Thanks.

Signed.

We have the same discussion in the german RP Community. We even had a survey on if people would accept timejumps and for which periods. 5 years? 10? 20?

It occures that many people are thrilled and exited but about the same amount of people is deeply concerned. E.g. they are roleplaying a Padawan in the age of 14-18. If the timejump would be 10 years, they would be Jedi-Knight, most likely but the players don't want there characters to be Knights, but Padawans.

So, like stated above, it would be extremly helpful if you could tell us, if the timejump will be one year, five, ten or whatever.

Thank you :)

If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE. At the start of ME2 without any of the prior decisions of ME1, BioWare had a brief questionnaire for you to decide your backstory (such as who you romanced) which definitely effects all the relationships between characters going forward. I'd imagine this is the simplest solution for them to implement...

The fact that the game cant even remember that your characters are married/in relationships doesnt fill me with confidence that it will remember any other choices you made...

I would like to unite companions that actually know each other.

Vette and Risha

Jorgen and Irresso

Doc and Kaliyo

Qzen and Mako

This springs to mind another question. Lets say my trooper meets Mako, will she reference the BH at all?, and if she does how will the game know how my BH played? Or will it just be super generic references like , "Oh I know a Bounty Hunter who one the Great Hunt once blah blah blah..." without going into any specifics on what decisions they made, and what kind of attitude they had?

What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

I just had an exciting thought. I think I'm starting to get a picture of how this is going to work out...it sounds like companions will be woven into the main storylines...some just for certain classes, but some for everyone...so essentially while we may never get private conversations with them again on our ships, they may end up being like Theron and Lana in that we can romance them as part of the story.

You know what this could mean? Companions that were not romanceable previously may become so as part of the new story arc. :eek::cool::D It also means that certain companions with significant ties to story could be the ones that end up available to everyone.

So for all those people who wanted to romance Zenith? Maybe you will be able to now...And can we all have our own personal copy of Scourge please?

As to betrayals...that makes me nervous but hopefully it will be worked into the story in such a way that it isn't inevitable, but something influenced by player actions.

If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE. At the start of ME2 without any of the prior decisions of ME1, BioWare had a brief questionnaire for you to decide your backstory (such as who you romanced) which definitely effects all the relationships between characters going forward. I'd imagine this is the simplest solution for them to implement... but not nearly as fun as running through 1-50 if you're looking for that BW story experience. I definitely felt like I missed something on ME1.

I get why people would want to skip to lvl 60 to get to the new content, but there are SO many hours of dialog and choices their going to miss out on if they haven't leveled the class yet. Its going to be a tough job for BW to sift through all 8 classes and pick out all of the critical decisions to define each class.

ME2 defaulted to some less-than-ideal options if you didn't import an ME1 character (like assuming you romance Williams/Alenko, as you mentioned, though that is a minor thing compared to say, Who's King of Radioactive Pile of Rubble, which can be a factor in certain choices in ME3. Or even little sidequests in ME1 that pay off in ME3 *pointedly not looking at Conrad Verner*)

So following that pattern set up by the ME series (as some of the people have admitted to be inspired by), Jumped to 60s will have a less-than-ideal (in terms of metagaming and what you call ideal) choices made earlier. And have certain assumed romances (Guessing like the SoR had the "main romance options" talking at planets, they would have Vette/Quinn, Andronikos/Ashara. Vector/Kaliyo, Mako/Torian, Elara/Aric, Corso/Risha, Doc/Kira, Nadia/Iresso as the assumed romance option, disregarding Temple, Akaavi, Jaesa, Pierce).

I always thought Kai Zykken and Kephess looked strangely alike. And look at their names, they're almost anagrams if you substitute double k and double s and merge i in Kai and y in Zykken to e... and...

Seriously, thanks for giving us more info, can't wait to see how all of this turns out :-)

•Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Aren’t they both actually Jadus, who’s secretly Kephess, who’s actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabal’s secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually haven’t seen that theory, but IT’S ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE IT’S TOO LA----

Now that all secrets have been revealed I might as well unsub;) Though I am suspicious that Trymbo is not involved. This must be a feint...

This springs to mind another question. Lets say my trooper meets Mako, will she reference the BH at all?, and if she does how will the game know how my BH played? Or will it just be super generic references like , "Oh I know a Bounty Hunter who one the Great Hunt once blah blah blah..." without going into any specifics on what decisions they made, and what kind of attitude they had?

Considering the fact that I have 2 BH's that each completed chap 3 (for example) I'm thinking that specific references to your other chars aren't going to be possible. Which char would the game choose to reference? Was Mako on my female BH's ship or on my male's? In my mind she was on both, but in two separate universes (sort of.)

Considering the fact that I have 2 BH's that each completed chap 3 (for example) I'm thinking that specific references to your other chars aren't going to be possible. Which char would the game choose to reference? Was Mako on my female BH's ship or on my male's? In my mind she was on both, but in two separate universes (sort of.)

I think this could be solved if the game had a small diolouge where they ask questions that lead you to talk about the PC's, then here you are prompted to mention them by title it gives a small wheel with a lsit of all of that class on your character list.

For example;

''There's a Dark Council member on that ship, what was the name again?''

PC - Krek - Darth Nox

Danny - Darth Imperious

DanDan - Darth Imperious

Now that all secrets have been revealed I might as well unsub;) Though I am suspicious that Trymbo is not involved. This must be a feint...

Well obviously Trymbo inhaled just a few to many chemicals, and this is all taking place in his mind :rak_03:

I have been thinking about that, and the only thing I can think of is if they rework the "family tree" in legacy, to be able to select that legacies "canon."

[*]The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.

So... if i "use" a Character, that was previously Lev60 and start the KOTFE Story, its more complex?

otherwise i hope i can also take Shae Vizla as my Companion :)))

Edited by Aaryn

I really wanted to hook all my characters up with Guss Tuno and Gault. :(

Not sure if serious or joking?! Weehee.

@Charles: Thank you so much for your info. I have a good feeling now. :)

So many nice, helpful and funny yellow replies today. Like this, the forum is fun again.

• Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Aren’t they both actually Jadus, who’s secretly Kephess, who’s actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabal’s secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually haven’t seen that theory, but IT’S ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE IT’S TOO LA----

So you're saying that Doctor Lokin at some point treated Qyzen Fess, perfected his Rakghoul Mutation serum, gave Cipher Nine that serum to inject Jadus (so he can transform at will) - and that Jadus was actually a clone of Kai Zykken? It all ties into the agent story perfectly, so, perfectly plausible :D

If anyone jumped into Mass Effect 2 without playing Mass Effect 1 (such as I did), you can probably take a guess how BioWare will solve this problem in KOTFE.

That would certainly be the most sensible approach to the companions part on creation of a new level 60 character. It was done well in ME2.

Edited by Transcendent

All I want is to have my husbands and one boyfriend (Tharan Cedrax) back.

I want to be 100% sure and I mean 100% SURE that Bioware will do testing, retesting and even more retesting BEFORE early access, that my husbands KNOW I am their wife. Not this crap we got with SoR where only the Republic spouses knew we existed and only the Imperial Agent spouse knew we existed because I'm STILL pissed off that Quinn, Andronikos and Torian didn't mention a damn thing about us being together.

I'm not expecting much, JUST if I'm gone for years, my husbands were worried or whatever about me. And not one word or line and that's it.

Quinn is married to the Empire's Wrath who spent the majority of her time wooing, flirting and trying everything she could to get Mister Prim and Proper to drop his guard and marry this powerful Sith Warrior.

Andronikos is married to Darth Imperius, a member of the Dark Council who agreed to marry him and went off to do so. He's a pirate for heaven sakes and she STILL wanted him.

I won't go into the other 6 males you can marry, but suffice it to say, my husbands need to come back. Plus I need both Iresso AND Tharan back cause my Consular has a kid with both.

Signed.

We have the same discussion in the german RP Community. We even had a survey on if people would accept timejumps and for which periods. 5 years? 10? 20?

It occures that many people are thrilled and exited but about the same amount of people is deeply concerned. E.g. they are roleplaying a Padawan in the age of 14-18. If the timejump would be 10 years, they would be Jedi-Knight, most likely but the players don't want there characters to be Knights, but Padawans.

So, like stated above, it would be extremly helpful if you could tell us, if the timejump will be one year, five, ten or whatever.

Thank you :)

I will through in my weight with this, as a fellow Rper.

The Immortal Emperor VALKORION sensing the great power that Eric Musco had over Kai Zykken decided to clone Eric Musco for evil purposes. Using the great Rakata Mother Machine on belsavis so he could achieve his goals. The Mother Machine on belsavis sought to stop VALKORION in his tracks by making 2 clones of Eric as babies this caused great disgust in VALKORION. Who just wanted a strong new body for his life force to enter into making him younger again... The Immortal Emperor not sensing the clones of Eric Musco being full of UNLIMITED POWER! When VALKORION says to ARCANN son come with me who had just killed his brother in rage of VALKORION disapproval. All the sudden ARCANN calls on the great force power to call Kai Zykken to his side to help him kill VALKORION. Taking the Immortal throne for him self. ARCANN aka Eric Musco goes back to belsavis. To use the Rakata Mother Machine to bring his fallen brother back to life. Since a record of his pattern is stored in the Rakata Mother Machine just my theory..

Not sure if serious or joking?! Weehee.

@Charles: Thank you so much for your info. I have a good feeling now. :)

So many nice, helpful and funny yellow replies today. Like this, the forum is fun again.

I like to laugh, and those two are seriously the 2 funniest characters in the game, and they're both con artists, but one is arguably one the galaxy's all time best, and the other is absolutely horrible at it.

The comedy that could ensue - it would be like the criminal version of the Odd Couple.

I like to laugh, and those two are seriously the 2 funniest characters in the game, and they're both con artists, but one is arguably one the galaxy's all time best, and the other is absolutely horrible at it.

The comedy that could ensue - it would be like the criminal version of the Odd Couple.

That would make for one hilarious comic strip. Guss n' Gault on the Take.

Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much y’all care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. I’m here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions I’ve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that it’s always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I won’t be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things y’all have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, let’s see if we can’t at least clarify a couple of things now:

• The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: there’s a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and we’re not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see :) Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.
  • Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Aren’t they both actually Jadus, who’s secretly Kephess, who’s actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabal’s secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually haven’t seen that theory, but IT’S ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE IT’S TOO LA----

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but he’ll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]

I want Dark Jaesa, Guss Tuno, and Gault Rennow available on all my characters! Make it happen Boyd!!!! :rak_03:

(And please, some interaction too between Gault and Guss - the best and worst con artists in the galaxy, and the 2 funniest comps in the game. I want the hilarity!!!!)

Hey folks!

Seeing all of the discussion around our Knights of the Fallen Empire announcement has been awesome! It means a lot to the writing team to see how much y’all care about the details of the story and characters of SWTOR, and all of the insightful questions and debates that flow from that. I’m here to hopefully shed a bit of light on a few of the most common questions I’ve seen.

Up front, I think the best answer I can give to any story question is that it’s always best to wait and see how the story itself will answer it. I personally just hate giving out spoilers, so I won’t be doing that here. I promise, the main storyline of KOTFE is all about the things y’all have been asking, and October is going to be here very soon. In the meantime, though, let’s see if we can’t at least clarify a couple of things now:

• The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.
  • Companions: there’s a ton of stuff going on with companions in this release, and we’re not ready to dive into most of it just yet. What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see :) Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

[Charles had to take a few days off to relax, but he’ll be back in time to answer more questions at our Community Cantina event at San Diego Comic Con next month! - Musco]

Can you be more vague with less writing?