View Single Post

mightylawngnome
08.02.2012 , 11:18 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Berin-Tath View Post
Several of you said something like "now it's all about money".

Um...what was it about before?

This game was made to turn a profit. If you can't handle that, move to a country where making money is a bad thing. People don't make games for fun. Even WoW was made to turn a profit.
Hmmm. Yep some people may have said something similar, though I think the general sentiment here is that now its about more, easier money for reduced effort and a sub par product.

Being concise is great, but over simplifying and being dismissive simply to have a point serves no one, least of all you.

While profit is a good thing, profit through unethical and shady business practice is not. There's a difference between ambition and greed, a line that can get blurry and is easy to cross. Am I to understand that you think the ends justify the means, profit is the only standard by which to conduct ourselves and any and all practices to obtain it are acceptable? Because if so I think there are some countries you might be more suited for.

While businesses in many places may feel that way, the general public still does not. In the US as well as Canada I think the general pop still wants business to conduct themselves ethically.

F2P, micro transactions and DLC can all be awesome ideas and serve both businesses and gamers, but not the way they're trying to go about it.

Companies like occasionally need a smack to let them know they're out of line or getting close. They'd charge you 300 bucks for a glass of water if they knew they could get away with it. It's our responsibility to stand up for ourselves and let them know what is acceptable and what isn't, through both our wallets and our feedback. That's what's happening here.

Though the fact that you think it's all good and are giving your feedback and money as such is awesome, let's not start deporting people just yet.
"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging." ~ EA CEO John Riccitiello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE