View Single Post

Raansu
06.04.2021 , 09:27 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Sadly, thatís why the lock out was added and why may people asked for it. And honestly, I wouldnít mind it as much if they hadnít added it with a win requirement and had added some sort of map choice and a mechanism for back fillers to be able to decline and DCís werenít counted as lockouts.
If all of those had been implemented (and losses still counted), the system would be 100x better and more fair. I would even champion it. But as it is at the moment, it should go until they can implement everything else to go along with it.
The win requirement is a good thing. Makes people try and win instead of afking in a corner somewhere.

I'm heavily against map choice. That would just lead to certain maps never being played. A map voting prompted during the queue pop similar to something like CoD? Sure that could work. A straight up map selection though? No definitely not unless it comes with a stipulation that removing maps from the queue will remove your eligibility to complete the daily/weekly.

It is impossible tell if someone DC's intentionally or not, and as I've said countless times before, if you have DC problems then fix your internet first before queuing.

Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
nah. now I stay and afk. maybe load the laundry or watch a youtube video.
Which is great news for all the other players. Enjoy your afk, its at least 1 to 2 matches where 1 less ragequitter is in the pool of players until you inevitably rage quit again because your next match is also not a carry. Eventually you'll get the idea and either learn to contribute to the match or just stop queueing. Its a win/win for everyone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Until they implement class balancing, losses count, map selection, matchmaking improvements, address the number farmer crap, detection for connection losses rather than one-size-fits-all answer to leaving warzones, and other issues, I don't blame you one iota. That is PRECISELY what you should do. No sarcasm.
Class balancing will be a forever issue. The closest we got to perfect balance was 2.x-3.x and it still had problems.

Losses should not count. The original daily/weekly required wins and the worst thing they did was change it to losses counting. It lead to people just afking and not trying. If you want your daily you should have to earn it.

As I said earlier, its IMPOSSIBLE to detect if a DC is intentional or not. A one size fits all penalty is the best solution. If you get a random DC then well that sucks, it happens. Take a break and requeue later. If you continuously DC? Stop queuing and fix your internet because you're becoming a detriment to other players experiences.

Do pray tell how you would deal with the number farmers? I'm quite curious what your answer is considering the two things that exist currently to dissuade number farming you want changed back to encourage it. As toxic as those players are, there's little you can do to change it, unless you advocate removing the scoreboard which is a HORRIBLE idea.